Why Sideways doesn't fight

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tell_Story, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

I picked up Sideways last night and I remembered that Volkswagon does not allow Takara/Hasbro to use their vehicles as 'war machines/weapons' Audi, Porsche and Lamborghini are under Volkswagon, so most of here believe that they are untouchable. Why would an Audi be aloud in the new movie then?

Well, it downed on me that his bio describes him as one who preferes not to fight. And in fact in the movie, he doesn't fight at all. So I wonder if that was a stipulation Bay and co. had to agree to in order to use the audi in the movie and toys. Makes sense, no?

2. alfred p. sloan

alfred p. sloan Well-Known Member

IDK, But I like the thinkin'.

3. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dunno. That could almost make sense, except I don't think they got the rights for the car design. The toy is a slight knock-off of the Audi. I guess it could make sense, makes his sudden death a little less disappointing.

4. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think they need expressed permission to use a particular kind of car in a movie... BUT to make the toy exact, then they need the permission.

5. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 "No Mas" My Wallet

News Credits:
    Interesting thought but he is never identified as an Audi in the movie, and i laugh at VW's not wanting to be associated with war when its way too late for that stance as VW was born from the Kübelwagen the German equivalent of the jeep in world war 2:
    [​IMG]

of course their association with Hitler is something i don't blame them for wanting people to forget but they are already associated with war in my eyes whether they like it or not

6. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    So they wouldn't allow the character to fight back, but they have no problem having the car cut in half?

I don't buy it.

7. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    A Decepticon that prefers not to fight?
    Isn't that what you call an "Autobot"?

8. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

Well they might not have very much of a problem with having their cars crashed in stunts and the like. Lots of movies do that, especially in Bay movies, but I'm think more along the lines of Bond movies.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    According to DVD 3d previews, he did transform many times to shoot, probably cut from movie for time.

10. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

It's that exact history that makes them take this current anti-war machine stance today. They're aware of their past and want to forget it and don't want people thinking about it. But the irony is, the more they try to hide and forget it the more people bring it up. If there was an Alt VW Beetle BB made way back when no one would go and say "OMG VW makes War machines D=". But since they didn't let Hasbro make it people ask why and the answer is "because VW used to make war machines and want to hide that fact".

As for the topic at hand, it was probably more of a knock at VW then a promotion for them. I mean their super nice car got it's ass handed to em by GM's super nice car, cause their car is a sissy car!

11. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I just figured he ran because he was horribly outnumbered.

12. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Ummmm, that was 60+ years ago! I guess by your logic, all white americans are still associated with being slave owners in your eyes too, eh?

13. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
  14. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    This. Outnumbered, outmatched, and his big bodyguard just got chased off.

15. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    no doubt, but i think it would be smarter to admit it say it was part of there past and move on, but hey they made there choice let them deal with it. and your absolutely correct there trying so damn hard to disassociate them selves with war makes people wonder if they have something to hide and the do a bit of research and the ugly truth comes out

16. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    All the more reason for the decepticons to kinda win halfway through but slowly lose ;)  kinda like in that comic where optimus gets frozen, sam dies and starscream takes over most of the south eastern Americas.

17. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    no but we don't try to deny and hide our county's history with slavery unlike VW seems to be trying to do with its history as a maker of vehicles for war

this quote sums my thoughts :
    "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it." Sir Winston Churchill

basicly VW needs to acknowledge its past and move on, by trying to hide it they only make people question why they try to hide it

18. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

The funny part is, that it's not really an "ugly" truth. They were a German manufacturing company who aided in the war effort like every other company did during that time. It's no different from Ford or Mazda who also made weapons and vehicles for their respective armies during the war.

19. grimlock1972

News Credits:
    exactly if the had not done so willingly Hitler would have had the company seized and made them build them anyway

20. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

I think that he was the decoy and was meant to take the attention somewhere else. He tried to be cool avoiding Arcee's team and stuff but EPIC FAILED when Sideswipe came around.