Why Sentinel is the most complicated DOTM Leader...

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

....so far ;) 

All seriousness, would you agree with me when I say that Hasbro made Sentinel complicated because maybe they thought kids wouldn't buy him after the movie?

2. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    Or maybe they just didn't want it to suck ass & basically be an oversized legends figure?

3. Ironhide1706

Just an idea mate.

4. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Airachnid's ratservant

News Credits:
    I get what you're saying, but with a Transformation like his (robot inside, truck becomes cape), I'd also think they'd wanna get what they can out of it. You could be right too (as I'd also think that more older people might like him), but who knows.

5. Ironhide1706

True, true.

6. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    because they didn't want to release a simple shell former as a leader imo

7. LegendAntihero

LegendAntihero Banned

Also, it's not easy to get his firetruck windows onto the chest.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    This is what I think was going on when the figure was designed. One of my only complaints is the lack of paint apps, but I know the rationale for that.

9. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But seriously,i don't see kids buying Sentinel,most buy Prime & bumblebee

10. wildfly

wildfly Right notes. Wrong order.

News Credits:
    ..becasue they saved money by making Leader Bumblebee and Ironhide rather simplistic?

Because they had a relativley small window in which to do a Sentinel Prime toy and so decided to make it reasonably complex the first time round?

Take your pick.

11. indie

indie Guns! More guns!

Because unlike other two leaders Bumblebee and Ironhide, it's an important character done in right size to display with Rotf Leader Prime. Imo other two are yet another versions of those characters for kids playing, this one is for displaying.

12. Autoclot

Autoclot Well-Known Member

I think all three display nicely

[​IMG]

I'm almost inclined to think that Sentinel was so complex because the designers wanted to see how they could outdo RotF leader Optimus, which also had a decent complexity to it.

13. anotheran

anotheran Old skooler

This

Sentinel isn't that complicated tho. Just panel alignment is annoying.

14. thebruteslayer

thebruteslayer Banned

News Credits:
    Fixed.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    Yeah, and this is one aspect of the more "modern" Transformers I find very annoying, especially when such is considered "difficult" as part of the transformation skill level. I'm beginning to think I need to become a fully-licensed masseuse just to enjoy Transformers toys . . . .

16. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    I've not a had him very long I only opened him Yesterday in fact (12th November 2011) and I'll be damned if I can get his right side front window in the slot in vehicle mode it just does not line up.

I feel a bit sorry for all those kids who might not be able to get the whole leg and arm thing worked out as the instructions are not very helpful.

It's interesting to not that both his legs and chest are incorrectly transformed in the box - I happened to compare him to Empire Magazine in the box and I could therefore see they had not plugged his belly/sternum in properly as it is in the box and not folded his legs panels out either.

I agree he's missing a bunch of paint but he might look a little odd if they included much of it such as the chevrons of the back of the truck would mess the look of his cape up, and I still don't understand where all that blue & gold comes from when he has neither in his vehicle mode.

I might add a little of it myself if I can get some good images of the parts from various angles.

I have noticed some mould accuracy errors too; like parts of his legs in CGI form are moulded as anti-slip plates but the toys has nothing like that texture on it in the same place and neither does the Voyager.

The Voyager & the Leader are quite similar to each other but they are both not quite right to the CGI in spots... and it's just surface moulded details that are wrong not moving transformable bits.

I do like him though even if he is in all honestly hardly ever going to be in vehicle mode. But it's hard not to like him when he was only £16.00 If I'd paid the maximum say £45.00 for him I might be a little irked but even with no truck mode - he's still better than Leader Ironhide who is simply put a completely "substandard" toy. - They made a black toy then gang moulded his wheels in blue plastic and then painted them black - what really ??? .

They need to stop with the massaging requirement though it's frustrating and a bit boring to need to keep doing it on modern toys.

17. TFXProtector

TFXProtector Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well, with DOTM ending in December, he is the most complicated leader. :p 

Panel alignment or no, he's one tough sumbitch to transform your first couple of times.