Why Rodimus/Hot Rod don't have regular Voyager/Leader Class toy release?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathzero23, Jul 14, 2017.

1. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    I would buy a voyager size rodimus. If he is leader most of the bulk must got to his trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Now that we've combiners, -masters and clones...he is "the" big hole for me...especially of those that absolutely should be made...

3. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    Rodimus as a Voyager triple changer, sharing a mold with Springer. They'll give the Winnebago a bit of a tweak....but be ready for it. Wouldn't be shocked if he's one of the figures announced Thursday.

4. theestampede

theestampede Wandering Artist

News Credits:
    I'm not sure what you mean by this. MMC's Calidus is $84, its not more expensive than the springer repaint.

5. RKillian

RKillian http://www.rktoyandhobby.com

News Credits:
    I always liked Hotrod far more than Rodimus Prime.

6. Zylly103

Zylly103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've created a placeholder Rodimus Prime by using the Rodimus head from the Chaos on Velocitron set on Voyager TM Optimus's body. It works all right. But I'd love a real Voyager Rodimus Prime.

Attached Files:

7. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

I really hope they don't make ALL the voyagers triple changers again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. optimusmegas

optimusmegas Target-Power-Titan-Prime-Battle-Master

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i'd be all for a voyager sized rodimus prime...preferably without a combat station. i'd rather him be a fully integrated figure like CW magnus or even the titanium. i think next year's lineup is going to have him...i feel they almost have to at this point. it's a glaring hole in the lineup of main characters.

but definitely voyager. i feel ultra magnus should still be taller than him.

9. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    DX-9 Carry is FREAKIN' expensive.
    So I hope Has-Tak give us a much better alternative come PotP

10. beularnum8

beularnum8 Well-Known Member

I do too hope for a voyager sized Rodimus, very curious as to how they will honour his G1 alt mode and deal with the robot side of things. I'm sort of hoping its two different sections though.

The size class is a worry. It seems like we have too many wishes for the voyager section. Rodimus, Shockwave, five dinobots. :) 

11. Wh33l JcK

Wh33l JcK Well-Known Member

Shoot, I wonder if that is what they actually have planned, looks like it works to me!

• Like Like x 1
  12. T-Hybrid

T-Hybrid Gnodab Kidult (He/Him)

News Credits:
    It's a great way to get two figures out of what would otherwise by completely different alts and fit both into the usual release cycle.

• Like Like x 1
  13. transform75

transform75 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Even if it is similar price, my point is I will go on the official version rather than a 3rd party version.
    I mostly buy weapons/swords as 3rd party but rarely figures.
    I did sell my scouting force because we got a botcon reflector clones,
    and I did sell back then my fansproject trailer for rodimus when I got the cloud rodimus. For me the representation was good enough and same size

I am not sure leader class would work for him as he would be same size as CW megatron or magnus but voyager class would be cool, and a black/blue/purple repaint would be as cool :) 

14. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    And new Seekers apparently. And Trailbreaker and Hoist. And Ironhide. And Rachet. Shit, the fandom pretty much wants EVERY toy as a voyager except the Minibots which obsessively need to be Scout/Legends class. It's annoying as hell, especially considering how many characters we still don't have yet. If Hasbro told the fandom they would do EVERY one of the CHUG voyagers they were clamoring for, but for every one they'd lose a potential BW update, do you think they'd still clamor for them? THAT is the reality I see from it, and why I don't hope for remakes of remakes of updates.

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah they haven't made enough Rodimus Primes
    If the titanium version would have been plastic it would have been great.

16. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Absolutely yes.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vegron

Vegron Active Member

We need a Rodimus Prime!!!

18. beularnum8

beularnum8 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, i forgot about the seekers. The thing with Seekers is they were fine as deluxes until now they look like midgets in the CHUG displays. I guess one character update leads to more problems :D 

Trailbreaker and Hoist may be very small deluxes for what would of been ideal, but i'm happy with all the Diaclone cars being deluxe sized. For me, thats just about right. The Dinobots could easily be different sizes but then if they did do a few deluxe and one leader, we'd only get moaning that they don't scale with each other, and whilst it was ok for the movie dino's to be different, we have to all agree the G1 Dinobots look better if they are the same size? I guess with all the updates some of us allw ant, we'll be kept busy for awhile inbetween waiting :) 

Back on topic though. Rodimus Prime will surely be in a line focused around Primes. Voyager scale is the wish, and there's nothing wrong with wishing! Leader class might be a tad too big but i could see it being done, looking all fancy and large.

19. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ‘Transformers: Titans Return’ Series Casts Peter Cullen, Judd Nelson, Wil Wheaton

The first chapter of the trilogy, “Transformers: Combiner Wars,” has generated more than 125 million views since debuting in August 2016, exclusively on Go90 in the U.S., according to Machinima.

In “Titans Return,” Nelson reprises his roles of Rodimus Prime and Hot Rod from the 1986 animated “Transformers” movie. The show also features Wheaton as Perceptor; Dorn as Fortress Maximus; North as Metroplex; and Frank as Emissary.
    -------------

I know the Machinima Combiner Wars Animated show wasn't too well received (putting it mildly!) But I'd think the fact that Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime (and he's specifically labelled as Rodimus, not just Hot Rod) is so highly featured, that he's voiced by Judd Nelson (again!) AND he's the only character mentioned in the article who hasn't had a figure recently, is a pretty good indication that we'll be getting one soon! Finally! :D 

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  20. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that! It looks like Hot Rod/Rodimus is gonna get some attention in the next series! Woot!

• Like Like x 1