Why Rodimus/Hot Rod don't have regular Voyager/Leader Class toy release?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by deathzero23, Jul 14, 2017.

1. deathzero23

deathzero23 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've been wondering why in the longest time Has-Tak-Tom never gave Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime a proper regular release in other LARGER scale like a Voyager and Leader Class. Masterpiece release is an exception.

I know some fans still blaming him for Prime's death but he's still an AUTOBOT LEADER.
    He's always been a DELUXE Class toy. Yeah he have a Voyager toy in a retooled Voyager Springer (an exclusive) but I think he deserves more than that.

Unless Hasbro-Takara doesn't give a damn on the character.
    Autobot and Decepticon leaders and second stringer leaders most of them have their own regular releases on most scales possible.

While the poor Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime never got a full promotion and stayed a DELUXE class toy for decades.

You think it's high time he must get a scale-promotion on a regular release?
    He's always stay as a car. There is no official toy of him in regular retail depicting him with a trailer in either voyager or leader class. Yeah I'm aware he have a toy depicting having a trailer. It's the Titanium version but that doesn't count coz it's still SO SMALL.

• Like Like x 4
  2. allew

allew Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The upcoming power of the primes line from Hasbro would be the perfect time to release a voyager rodimus prime - fingers crossed!

• Like Like x 10
  3. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

It'd be very cool to have a Rodimus Prime to display with Galvatron the other movie characters, almost all of which have modernized toys. Just need the Dinobots too....

If it were up to me, I'd give him a Matrix accessory, and Straxus hand design so he can hold it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

'PAWTUCKET, R.I., December 1, 2016 – Today Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ:HAS), announced the “Power of the Primes” fan vote, an upcoming event that will place the fate of Cybertron directly in the hands of Transformers fans around the globe. Beginning on January 23rd, 2017, fans will be able to visit Transformers.com to cast their vote to help determine which character will join the ranks of Optimus Prime, Rodimus Prime and other Cybertronian legends...'

He was specifically mentioned at the start of the fan vote for Power of the Primes, as has been mentioned above this line is PERFECT for him! Considering all the '86 movie toys this last year or so, I think they've purposely held him back so he can be put in this line instead (otherwise he'd have only ended up being a Titanmaster... Which he technically 'does' have a release of in one of those Box Sets anyway :p )

I can't wait to see him. Considering how good Ultra Magnus & Powermaster Prime (well, the Takara version!) have been, I think we'll see an awesome fully integrated version finally that'll look great up against Galvatron.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Terradives

Terradives Well-Known Member

Winnebago. Nuff said!

• Like Like x 1
  6. AMG

AMG Old School

I hope they do him justice. Then maybe I can finally retire my 6" Titanium Rodimus Prime from his position as (post movie) CHUG Autobot boss.

• Like Like x 3
  7. cynw32618

cynw32618 Well-Known Member

Oh totally, you can't refer to Rodimus as a 'legend' if you've not got a decent one in the works! I've been using Masterpiece Hot Rod as my Rodimus, & while he's a decent stand-in on my Season 3 shelf it just doesn't compare to the space Winnebago.

It wouldn't surprise me if we see him at SDCC next week, he's the main Prime we haven't got a decent figure of yet.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  8. Cavadus

Cavadus Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I'm honestly surprised that he wasn't a remold of TR Optimus/Octane. Seems like making a space winnebago out of that would be easy.

• Like Like x 4
  9. AutobotAvalanche

AutobotAvalanche Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As much as people bitch about Hot Rod getting Optimus killed and his subsequent whiny attitude in the cartoon, they sure do want a new toy for him. :lol 

10. aprim

aprim Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I been hoping for this for years. We need a great rodimus leader!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Thundershot

Thundershot The guy with 28 Sweeps

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Power of the Primes would be the best shot at him, I would think. Then again, one would think Combiner Wars would be the place to find Predaking or Abominus, and Titans Return would be the place to get Hosehead and Snapdragon.

I do hope we get some of the lesser known Primes/Convoys like Nitro Convoy, Flame Convoy, Live Convoy, and Megalo Convoy.. Oh, and Longarm Prime / Shockwave!

12. DBarricade

DBarricade General Nutcase

Because the Classics and recent Titans Return toys have been for his Hot Rod days rather than Rodimus Prime proper. And though Hasbro did release a Rodimus Prime Titan Master, this doesn't mean he won't get a full toy later in the Prime Wars trilogy. I don't think a Voyager Rodimus Prime is coming for Titans Return, in fact I'm kind of doubtful we'll see any new figures after Blitzwing and Octane, (though I kind of hope I'm wrong on that) but in the toy line to come after... we'll just have to wait and see.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah. I want proper voyager Rodimus Prime toy that includes the winnebago alt mode. I'm tired of plain Hot Rod toys. Just do it like the Titanium toy but bigger and less crappy.

• Like Like x 2
  14. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I'm betting we'll see Rodimus Prime in Power of the Primes given the obvious theme of the line.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jhund

Jhund Well-Known Member

Instagram:
    ... there are other g1 leaders that don't get much attention either e.g. Chromedome , metalhawk "technically" , and biggest offender starsaber .

16. deceptifocus

deceptifocus *Supercharged*

Ebay:
    SPAACEBAALLLSSS!!!

• Like Like x 1
  17. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

I hope he gets a toy that actually looks like G1 Rodimus Prime. Then I can take the Masterpiece off my list which doesn't have the trailer in the US anyway and I can finally replace that stick with arms I have sitting on my shelf.

They could possibly make the trailer turn into armor for robot mode and have him just be a car without the trailer so the same figure can be both Hot Rod and Rodimus Prime and it gives the trailer something else to do besides just being a giant hunk of plastic. Would be a nice way to update the design while still looking like the original.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    Do not mistake us for those whiny people.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Hasbro hates you, that's why.

• Like Like x 3
  20. snoopcow

snoopcow Yara Naika?

an idw lost light hot rod voyager would wreck my balls

• Like Like x 1