Why People Dislike The Fallen

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ShOcKwAvE1213, Dec 9, 2011.

1. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I was just wondering why people really didn't care for the fallen. Personally I liked him as the main villain, and his design and powers were cool IMO. So why not like em?

2. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I love the fallen! He's a great character and I did like how he used teliportation as a means of flight. Perhaps people didn't like him because he like shockwave had little.to do in the film

3. 0MEGATR0N

0MEGATR0N Robot/Gladiator

I thought he was a badass.

4. ShOcKwAvE1213

Me too. When the movie first came out he was my favorite character. But when DOTM started filming I soon began to like other characters as well:) 

5. daitarn red

daitarn red bionic hero

i like fallen is cool
    fallen is one of primus 's 13 oringinal tfs before he join unicorn

6. 0MEGATR0N

hell I didnt even know who the hell he was but loved the name and his look was too cool.

7. ShOcKwAvE1213

You guys like them, but I saw a lot of posts where people say he was a girl and they hated them and stuff.

8. jazz_123

jazz_123 Banned

I like The Fallen hes one of the most powerful transformers

9. Shockwave1138

Shockwave1138 Multi-changer

News Credits:
    In the movie itself, I think most were expecting a LOT more than what we got.

As it happens, looking at what he did in the movie on paper is indeed much more impressive than how it came across while watching.
    He just looked like your average TF villain, who happened to teleport and did some levitating once or twice. Then he got his face ripped off.

I personally think he was pretty cool, and sadly underused.

10. Ratchets Hatch

Ratchets Hatch Cannot Hold Weapon

News Credits:
    He was okay, but my list of things I didn't like about him is a mile long.

1) No real alt-mode.
    2) Ugly design IMO.
    3) Silly head crest.
    4) They made him Megatron's master, and no one should out-rank Megatron. EVER.
    5) His "I can only be killed by a prime" rule made no sense whatsoever. Anything can be killed if you hit it hard enough.
    6) Dumb backstory, which also didn't make much sense.
    7) His "taking the sun" plan was really cliche and dumb IMO.
    8) He took away screen time from other characters who deserved it more.

So yeah, I was glad when Optimus took his face.

11. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

As a villan, I, too thought he was great. I think there's alot of potential story-wise that could be brought out of his character, even though he's dead. I do think that they allowed Optimus to kill him off too quickly. That whole fight scene was too short.

12. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I liked him. As someone that has nothing to do with Transformer comics I didn't know a thing about him so it was kind of a new and exciting thing for me.

Only problem was he wound up not doing much, because Megatron wound up being shoehorned back into the plot. And that like Sentinel Prime, he was an important character that hadn't been hinted at before. There was abosolutely nothing suggesting Megatron was working for anyone in movie one.

13. 0MEGATR0N

QFT^

14. daformer

daformer Earth's Reckoning

News Credits:
    Meh he's alright. But he says this "I have dreamt of my return to that wretched planet where i too was once betrayed by the primes i call my brothers.."

What the hell?! YOU betrayed them. The primes set out a rule that cannot destroy a planet with life, The Fallen did that, or intented to do that.

He talks crap haha

15. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Maybe Fallen figured that deciding to help humanity instead of killing them all for energy was a betrayal against the Cybertronian race.

Like Sentinel viewed Optimus group as rebels while he lead the true Autobots (which consisted solely of himself) because they opted to help humanity instead of enslaving them to rebuild their planet.

16. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

He's a bad guy, he refuses to see things by any angle that isn't his own angle, he is self-righteous and selfish like any other bad guy.

I liked him, specially the whole "ancient entity turned evil" thing, there's always one of those in universes, one of them always falls to evil's might, Tony Todd's voice acting was top notch and his design kicked ass.

He died too early, true, but he was a great character in my opinion, a quintessential evil entity.

17. HarryFA1

HarryFA1 Rank #14

News Credits:
    I hate this guy so much, he is one of the biggest problems with Revenge of Fallen in my opinion, the fact of the matter is that he makes no sense and barely anything explained about him except for that dumb flashback. Why can he teleport? Just cause. Why does he have telekinesis? Why not. Why did he get better as soon as Optimus was killed? A wizard did it. Seriously the only conclusion i can come to about this guys powers is that he's a wizard or something, and to me, giant transforming robots & magic don't mesh well. Oh, and he looks more like a Bionicle than a Transformer.

18. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Well, he IS a God.

He didn't get better, he was HIDING from Optimus [because it was foretold that only a Prime could kill him, and since Optimus was the last Prime...], he's more of a Genre Savvy [tvtropes] than anything.

19. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    He didn't do too much. And compared to Megatron and Sentinel, he feels like a weak character.

But there are a lot of cool things about him. Tony Todd, teleporting, telekinesis. Four 'T's.

20. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    The only issue I have is he didn't live up to his dark god like villian that we hoped him to be. I mean the guy was the one who started the Decepticon empire in the first place! He also has such a great evil design and a scary voice to boot! I hated the fact he didn't have much of a role and as a character it's so laughable at that! Like Arcee and her sisters, He deserves better than how he was protrayed in the film and if he appears in Transformers Prime I seriously hope they do him better justice!:mad