Why only Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Skepticon, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Skepticon

Skepticon Banned

Its better to think theyre feral because they awake in an unknown world, and if they were given time, they would be able to adopt personalities....

As some posted before.

2. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I think its just, as you say, a writing tool or device, nothing more. I never wondered about it myself.
    Well, looking at it from a 'TFs evolved' view, perhaps the spark was the catalyst for life on Cybertron (previously a dead junk planet, hence the evolution out of metals and circuits)?
    So, with that in mind, maybe spontaneous creations, like the little blighters in the kitchen, that do not evolve, are erratic and uncontrollable, but not necessarily Decepticons?

3. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    I see it as like infants, when infants come out, they're screaming, kicking, and as kids they throw fits, because they're not getting their way right away. Kids can also tend to be cruel and abusive with power. They need to be taught/house-trained. Now put this mentality into a robot with weapons.

4. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

Depends on what edition of D&D you're playing!

Or if you're playing Warhammer.

Or reading Moorcock.

5. Optimus Matt

Optimus Matt Well-Known Member

an it said that they choose weather to be autobot or deception.

6. kidnicky

kidnicky Well-Known Member

This. I can't believe that when the third post in the thread showed the answer,we still end up with pages of theories. This is the answer,as shown in the film. You may or may not like the plot point,but that's how it was written.
    It's just a movie. It's not like the writers are actually taking any of mankind's achievements. :rolleyes: 

7. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Actually the only thing the film claims of that is that the advanced tech of today was reversed engineered from what they could understand of Megatron. It's never stated that's the reason for feral behavior in machine life created from the Allspark.

And I didn't say otherwise. :rolleyes2  I said it speaks down to such things. There's a reason people use certain words sometimes, fyi.

8. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I think the writers have never really given the idea any real thought. Sure, they could be seen as feral newborns in the case of the first movie, but ROTF shows the kitchen bots seeking Sam out for the purpose of killing him. Feral animals generally seek to escape not attack. There is a little inherit evilness in their characterization.

9. kidnicky

I'm not totally sure what you even mean by "speaks down to such things."
    Maybe the people using "certain words" should attempt to use them correctly?

10. Covenant

Ebay:
    The kitchen scene shows the appliances coming to life, immediately firing off their tiny weaponry. Attacking anything but one another. No language between them, perhaps just a recognition of sorts. They start wandering as a herd, moving through the home together, and the moment they run into a creature unlike them, Sam, they attack. Their instinctive offensive snowballs from there, until Bumblebee has to take them out.

11. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

Yeah, I think it's a combination of wildness and slight evilness. They don't just move through the house, but they go up the stairs to Sam's room. They're seeking something to kill, pack hunting. In the animal kingdom that would be natural, but for robots, I see just a smidge of evil intent there. Not much, but just enough to distinguish them as a threat to humans, which is the writer's vague intent.

12. Covenant

Ebay:
    Seriously man, I don't what you're deal is, but I'd suggest a filter on that brain/post thing. Yeah, it's obvious you're unsure of what I meant by referring to the writer's plot bit of the first film of reverse engineering tech from Megatron as something that "speaks down to the limited marvels we're capable of". It shows clear in your posted replies. Its a very simple concept to grasp. The first film suggests all the gaining technological advancements of mankind are all due to reverse engineering of alien technology, implying we're only smart enough as a species to copy & paste otherworldly tech into important daily items, instead of us being able to achieve these advancements as a species on our own. In simple terms, it speaks down to mankind's ability in that area. But obviously you didn't grasp that, so first you reply to that bit as though I said some plotline in a movie is negating reality, then follow it up as if I of all people don't know how to utilize the English language. Neither is true. Know what the hell you're talking about before trying to get snippy with someone.

13. kidnicky

"Get snippy?" You were the one who got all cute with your "FYI" and such,and unless I forgot how to read all of a sudden,you wouldn't "speak down to" a "limited marvel we're capable of," because how or why would you speak to an accomplishment? I mean,I assumed you meant it diminished some of humanity's technological advancements,but that isn't what you wrote at all.
    Again,I wouldn't have even brought it up,but you felt the need to get all ass burger-ish so I responded to you like one of your fellow burgers would.
    Don't bother responding,by the time you do,you'll be on my rapidly growing ignore list.

14. M3GATRON

M3GATRON Well-Known Member

2 words Micheal Bay

/Thread

15. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur Well-Known Member

The Allspark mutations have no allegiance. They're like baby venomous snakes, they can't control themselves on how much venom they inject into their prey and attack anything in sight. The Allspark mutations cannot control their weapon systems.

16. maninthebox94

maninthebox94 Banned

yep, most reasonable

17. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

here is the right answer.....earths technology was reversed engineered from megs..so all robots from earth tech is naturally evil and have the desires of megs....orci has said this on Don murphy boards....I wrote a treatment and go into further detail explaining this to people. if you would like to see check out my thread.....Transformers 3 read this!!!

18. billysan

billysan Member

They start out savage.

19. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    You don't /Thread your own posts!

20. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

If Orci officially stated this, it makes sense and I'm more than happy to shut up. We're not talking about feral babies, but Megatronish-ed DNA-ed robots, which is natural to have red Decepticon eyes.

Still, as Wheelie and Jetfire showed, experience can turn a Decepticon to an Autobot, or at the least, give them a "neutral" alignment (D&D nerdiness rising).