Why only Decepticons?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Skepticon, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Skepticon

Skepticon Banned

Hi. I was thinking about the movies yesterday and this came to mind. If it has been posted before, just close the thread and my respective apologies xD...

I was wondering...why all the machines that come to life by the power of the AllSpark end up being Decepticons? Each and every one of them....In the first movie, the lil Decepticon in the box, the soda machine, the X-Box, the car of the air-headed girl...all evil.

Same thing in the second movie. The AllSpark shard gives life to the kitchen appliances, and all are tiny bloodthirsty devils.

I guess its just a plot device. Nothing really behind it, but i feel its something the writers should pay attention to, otherwise the Autobots existence doesnt seem justified, since obviously the AllSpark doesnt produce only Decepticons, and in the ancient past, when Decepticons didnt exist...it clearly wasnt going to create a mean little robot, right? I mean, the AllSpark power is supposed to be a sacrosanct, benign one...why then it only creates mechanical Charles Mansons now?

Seems like an overlooked plothole.

What do you think?

2. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Other than plot-stupidity, I see no other explanation. But yes, this topic has been discussed before.

3. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    There's some line being towed about Sector 7 reverse engineering all of mankind's modern tech from Megatron so when the Allspark gives tech life its instantly evil.

Dumbest. Shit. Ever.

Not to mention it speaks down to the limited marvels we're capable of.

I prefer the line of logic that these are unprogrammed, semi-sentient, new mechanical lives that are suddenly thrust into a world of perception & interaction they're just not ready for and react as a cornered animal would, out of instinctive fear & defense for survival via offense to surroundings.

4. ngnikolaos

ngnikolaos Well-Known Member

Can't we just say that the writers never really thought of that and be done with?

5. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I can't help but agree with this logic.

6. big hank

big hank Resident Slacker-Basher

News Credits:
    Someone else worded it as, they are inherently feral, not inherently evil. They seem to have nasty tendencies but using this logic they are in a survival mode.

7. jala12

jala12 Fiery Adventurer

They're not decepticons. They're just feral transformers since they were created in such an artificial way.

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Chaotic =/= evil

9. Skepticon

Skepticon Banned

Yes..you guys are right...Maybe theyre not evil...just feral, because theyre in a world unknown to them...and thir reaction is defense...really feral defense xD...

They still have not chosen a side i guess...so theyre not Decepticons or Autobots yet.

10. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

They're wild, not evil. I'm sure the Autobots and Decepticons had to evolve a bit to get to where they are now.

11. Skepticon

Skepticon Banned

Maybe another explanation would be that syphoning the AllSpark power artificially doesnt put it to proper use...maybe thats why they want to destroy everything upon coming to life.

Or when the AllSpark takes a bump...always, the resulting Transformers come alive, either because of the power of the AllSpark is syphoned, or because it falls or gets hit.

Because when Frenzy comes close...the AllSpark heals him instantly...so if a machine was put in front of it, maybe it would come alive after the AllSpark uses its power in the proper way.

Also another thing...Bumblebee touched the AllSpark, but his voice didnt heal instantly, he was able to speak later. I think i read somewhere that this was left unexplained, by the writers....but they wanted to, but they forgot or sumthin'...

Then why in ROTF he is mute again...

12. Shockscream

Shockscream Chairman of Nerd Day

News Credits:
    A friend asked me this the other day. I told him this: Firstly, when human technology is granted a Spark by the Cube, they are without mind/consciousness. They are beings of pure instinct. If they were allowed to live for a while longer, one imagines that they'd develop personalities which negate their destructive tendencies.
    Alternatively, the fact that the devices given life by the Allspark were never designed to be living machines should also be considered. They are mutants. In fact, many fan sources refer to them as Allspark mutations.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They're not Decepticons, they just... mindless, impulsive and primitive.

14. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Plot holes?

15. cnic

cnic Decepticon

No. Never in any Transformers series or adaptation.:D 

16. Chosen40k

Chosen40k Active Member

What happens when babies are born? They cry, scream and squirm.

What happens when Transformers are created? They blow shit up.

17. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

Well Jetfire does say you can choose sides, and he has changed sides. Perhaps some don't know like Wheelie who after talking to Jetfire, is glad to know you can switch sides.

18. ManiactoaLaco

ManiactoaLaco Well-Known Member

I wonder if Optimus was like that when he was created..

OOh, Optimus with a crotch gun...

MTL

19. Heracles Max

Heracles Max Forticon Leader

I have always considered that the objects animated by the Allspark acted as they did due to a lack of basic programming. Therefore, as stated before, the resulting robots would tend to act ferally.

However, if the Allspark energy were to be introduced in a controlled manner, via a conduit that could manage the flow of energy while introducing an overlayment of engrams that would provide a framework for thought, I believe the robot would be truly cognizant and capable of learning much better than the non-formatted robots we see in the movie.

One could think of this like fomatting a disk, or, having one's katra reintroduced to the original host (Spock) via a Vulcan Priestess (T'Lar), as seen in Star Trek III. The Priestess served as said conduit and provided a modicum of order to the random thoughts of the unleashed katra. Therefore, after the ceremony, we received a coherent, if not confused, Spock.

This approach would preclude an intellectual choice for good or evil, at this point. The now sentient robots would have to learn and make their own decisions about their orientation. Very much like Silverbolt in BW's Coming of the Fuzors.

20. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    Oh, and while there seems to be a good consensus on the matter, for the record OP, the trouble is its yet another item not explained within the film.