Why not more Cybertronian alt modes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by tonyformer, Feb 26, 2017.

1. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok we see once again that Megs is going back to a all Cybertronian mode and I'm 100% fine with that! Lovenit to be honest!

And I get that Transformers are (in lore) supposed to be in "disguise" but let's face it, these movies do a horable job at that! Especially with the Autobots.

If I was a TF and wanted to blend in and disguise myself, I'd takenon a look of a car or truck or whatever that is bland, not all supped up or show my faction emblem on it anywhere lol.

I get why the movies so what they do. It's a big ass car commercial to show off the new vehicles from the big car companies. The Cons at least had it right with disguising themselves as military vehicles and construction vehicles. But while I love Barricade, there just isn't cop cars like that in the real world. That's not a disguise lol.

Anyway, where the hell are the Cybertronian looks for other TFs? Why can't we get some Autobots that say FUCK YOU HUMANS! We are not hiding and we are not taking on your ugly vehicle looks JUST TO BLEND IN! Why can't we have some cool Autobots that have Cybertronian looks? Why not more Cons like Megs that take and keep Cybertronian looks? Why do we have to keep getting stupid Con fighter craft when the CONS themselves should be transforming into the FIGHTERCRAFT!?!?

I want to see a Cybertronian transform into a Cybertronian tank! I mean give us some bad ass angular alien designed vehicles for once please!!!!?

• Like Like x 2
  2. RazorX3000

RazorX3000 Cybertronian Monkey

News Credits:
    I thought Megs wasn't a cybertronian jet in TLK? That's what the JoBlo leak said but his toy says otherwise. There's a cockpit lmao. I don't know, but it just looks like a human jet to me.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    It's clearly not human, but it's certainly terrestrial-looking enough that Joblo may have misidentified it.

Lots of Cybertronian alt modes have cockpits.

• Like Like x 2
  4. tonyformer

tonyformer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually, in the joBlo leak they just said he was a "Fighter Jet" but never said Earth or Cybertronian. As for the cockpit, who knows.

5. Achilles1943

Achilles1943 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    could be a mix of earth and cybertronian tech ...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Wolf

Wolf old school bot

Ok speaking of megs and jets...considering he has a cockpit?? Are we to assume he'll be similar size to jet fire?? I've not seen any height info thus far

7. VortexPrime

VortexPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think Autobots don't get cybertronian modes because they are easy to spot and on Earth if you are spotted you are killed, so Megatron or others Decepticons have no problem with killing humans to defend themself, the Autobots do.

• Like Like x 7
  8. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Yeah, why not Michael Bay?

9. Galva Prime

Galva Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    They're ok sparingly for certain characters (Megatron, Shockwave). But if I'm honest, it was when the figures started becoming more and more Cybertronian that I began to lose interest in G1. Especially when it was clear they'd stopped seeing how they could convert a vehicle into a robot and were making up alt modes to fit a robot mode. I suppose for me it's all about taking something recognisable (even if it's not necessarily 'ordinary') and turning it into something else. Obviously there are exceptions, like the dinobots, but in the main I'd rather they kept Cybertronian modes for special cases.

• Like Like x 1
  10. WillShockwave

WillShockwave All Hail Megatron !!!

I agree with you, I think we should see some bot with its original forms, but at least we will see the Dinobots with their Cybertronian forms hahaha, but you know, in DOTM we can see Cons in Cyberforms and I liked it a lot, a shame was not to see Shockwave transforming into the Cybertronian tank he proved to be by the toy

• Like Like x 1
  11. QLRformer

QLRformer Seeker

News Credits:
    I loved Megatron's ROTF tank mode and Soundwave's ROTF satellite mode, and those were Cybertronian alternate modes.

But applying alien modes to characters makes taking on Earth disguises rather pointless. At least Megatron and Soundwave's vehicle modes work out as functional rather than disguise: one is a tank as befits his warmonger/leader status, and the other is a communications officer/spymaster.

Still, I think there's room for the concept in the films. Alien-looking cars, planes, submarines, etc.

12. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Transformers 7 should have that I presume.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Windsweeper II

Windsweeper II The Pristine

News Credits:
    i would love more Cybertronian altmodes. The problem is that so far few Cybertronian movie altmodes have looked particularly well.
    In fact this is the first Movie Megatron design that appeals to me.
    I love the Cybertronian altmodes of other lines: G1, Energon, Prime and FOC even, but the movie designs are harder to swallow.
    But i guess the nature of the movie designs as a whole could have some part in that.

But yes, i want the bayverse to get a new shot at Galvatron, and i would love a movie verse Cyclonus, Scourge, Triggerhappy, Springer, Hot Rod, Brainstorm ...

14. TF Bumblebee

TF Bumblebee Bumblebee

Y'know, what kind of always bothered me was the lack of endurance Megatron had in the movies. Surely if he's retaining a Cybertronian mode then his armor would be practically impenetrable by humans, it's well, Transformium. As for the other Transformers, I can understand since they are utilizing human metals. Plot armor, I assume? (no pun intended) ;) 

• Like Like x 1
  15. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Likes Alpha Bravo

Maybe he's an alien jet of non-Earth/Cybertronian design? Who knows, maybe he'll have a holographic Klingon in his cockpit or something.

We already know there's more species of alien races than just the Humans, Cybertronians, and Quintessons from all of Lockdown's prisoners on the Knightship. Or maybe that's just what a Quint fighter looks like.

why the frikk was the full pic so hard to find uncropped
    He's 30 feet tall. So just two feet taller than Optimus, which I believe is the shortest he's ever been so far.

[​IMG]

Blackout and Scorponok were the first to demonstrate that Cybertronian metal has alien properties - namely, being "a self-regenerating molecular armor," "almost like it was cloaked by some kind of forcefield." Blackout transforms into an Earth helo and Scorponok transforms into an Earth helo engine, (Blackout's own helo mode's, in fact) so that means that TFs do not have to wear Cybertronian alt-modes to display the properties of Cybertronian metals. Joshua Joyce later describes the metal that TFs are composed of to be "molecularly unstable," adding some salt to Lennox's claim.

Also, throughout the movies, various characters end up with weathered, scraped up paint, yet their vehicle modes will almost always end up shinier than Leadfoot's ass. Lennox's line describing what would (unfortunately) later come to be known as "Transformium" ugh can be used to explain that the TFs simply heal their paint scratches. Of course, we all know that the real reason is that the vehicle manufacturers just want their product to look pretty on-screen, but why reject a perfectly good case of Fridge Logic? Throughout the movies, Optimus, Bumble, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz, Skids, Mudflap, Frenzy, several unnamed Decepticons, etc. all scan and replicate Earth modes, indicating that they are not arbitrary cases of Cybertronians for whatever reason not being composed of "Transformium." *cringe*

As for Megatron having a "lack of endurance," I urge you to stand in the very center of a coordinated F-22 air strike or get shelled several times by a few M1 Abrams tanks. Let me know how that goes for you. Hint: this is how we flatten buildings

The only other times Megatron got his ass kicked was in ROTF in the forest and in the desert, and DOTM in Chicago - and each of those times, it was at the hands of Optimus Prime, which I think is fully acceptable. He even had a dead body powering him up one of those times. Megatron doesn't lack endurance, he's just being mishandled by the writers.

Yeah, this is a good point. Cybertronian alt-modes look better when they actually look like they were designed first. But then that would be going off the assumption that Cybertronians were built with their transformation ability being meant for disguise, rather than locomotion or utility, which wouldn't make sense, as it would make them more capable of rebelling against the Quintessons. However, it would make sense if Cybertronians simply evolved on their own, as transformation is an almost perfect form of camouflage, and would explain why the primary species of Cybertronian life evolved into intelligence, whereas other Cybertronian life-forms (such as the driller) appear to be less intelligent than them. Cybertronians could have adapted to hiding from their superior predators by using camouflage as a survival technique.

However, the movies have gone in a different direction, and Cybertronian alt-modes making for bad disguises even on Cybertron/Quintessa/wherever makes sense, as the Quintessons would likely want their slaves to be easily identifiable and not be able to hide very well.

bruh

pls

• Like Like x 3
  16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    I could be wrong, but maybe it's simply due to cost? In comparison, it costs less to have a character change into an existing vehicle, rather than a 100% CG character that goes from 1 CG form to another.

I'm not against seeing more Cybertronian alt-modes, I just think the reason we don't see more is due to how much it would cost.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Applejacktimus

I thought something similar to this before too, but ILM actually has to make a CGI model for the vehicle mode anyway, (this is so the animators can cleanly transition the CGI shot to the physical vehicle, otherwise on-screen transformations likely wouldn't be possible at all) so it'd actually cost less, assuming there's no physical prop for the alt-mode.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Neoseed

News Credits:
    That completely slipped my mind. I stand corrected.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Applejacktimus

Hopefully we do end up seeing some cool Cybertronian modes someday. It makes for a nice reminder that the TFs are aliens from another world.

• Like Like x 3
  20. G1DeadEnd

G1DeadEnd Bring on 5, 6, 7 & 8!

News Credits:
    I just thought of something, regarding TF names from the movies.
    There seem to be three basic categories:

Cybertronian: Optimus Prime, Megatron, etc.

Earth based: Ratchet, Jazz, Brawl, etc.

and Human: Dino, Que, Igor.

I don't know, where I'm going with this, and apologies to Tonyformer for hi-jacking his thread ... I didn't think making a thread just for that was necessary. Any thoughts?