Why no soundwave???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by The-Return2005, Jul 6, 2007.

1. The-Return2005

The-Return2005 The last Sayian on Earth

So i was to understand that soundwave, reflector, and the real megatron (a gun) werent compatible with the movie because their change in mass is unrealistic. So can someone tell me how a five story allspark can condense itself into a handheld cube that spike can walk around with in one arm? By these supposed realistic standards shouldnt the density alone keep spike from being able to lift it since it would weigh tons?

2. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

MEGATRON shrinking into a gun = Unrealistic and would look odd in a real environment.
    ALLSPARK shrinking = Unrealistic but doesn't look odd. Fair trade for plot expediency (and we don't really know how much the cube weighed when it was huge anyway - It may have been very light)

3. Chimeran

Chimeran Well-Known Member

There's a difference between an object with god-like powers shifting size dramatically and a highly advanced alien robot shifting size dramatically.

If the TFs were advanced enough to have a 'seems like magic' technology like mass shifting to that degree, you'd probably expect them to be similarly advanced in other areas. The Allspark, on the other hand, is well established as an object with seemingly magical abilities already.

4. Polenicus

Polenicus Warring At Play

Ebay:
    Think of it this way: Currently the Transformers have certain abilities that obey certain rules. They can heal like a biological, but it takes time, and there are limits (For instance, Bumblebee's vocal processors being scarred and painful to use). They can't shift their actual mass, just rearrange it. Theoretically, to effect repairs they'd need to consume appropriate raw materials (Just like we need to eat), though this is never seen.

The Allspark, being some kind of godlike object, defies all these rules, which is what makes it so dangerous. It can create life from ANYTHING. It can create (or recreate) entire mechanical worlds. It can completely heal a Transformers without sufficient mass being present (Frenzy) or alter its own size and mass. It's basically the Philosopher's Stone of the Transformer world.

5. xviolent_philx

xviolent_philx Batman

if soundwave does come in, i think he should be a cybertronian airplane, with laserbeak as a cassette-type thing. well either that, or a cooler version of frenzy.

6. Swiftblade

Swiftblade Member

Because Megs changing into a gun is lame.. IMO I thought it was lame when I was a kid and I would be had he changed into a gun in the movie.