Why No Real Helicopters?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by Torque, May 11, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    im kinda hoping for some actual Helicopter transformers-i mean, Megatron is awesome and all, but hes not a true helicopter IMHO. im hoping for something awesome-like maybe Blackout from the movie redone in animated style-or maybe vortex. or a helicopter Autobot (though that would mess up the "only cons fly" thing, though Jetfire&Jetstorm could kill that)

any other thoughts on a Heliformer?

EDIT:: Heliformer? worst word ever...

2. Particle_Beam

Particle_Beam Well-Known Member

How isn't he really a helicopter? Do not forget that TF: Animated is set in a near future (the undefined 22nd century). It will have to be something futuristic-like looking.

3. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i shouldnt have said "real" helicopter, but still-m point is, why not any regular helicopters, like the ones we see today? cause i think one animated style would be pretty cool

4. Octavius Prime

Octavius Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    While it's true that Megatron isn't directly based on any existing model, there are certainly twin rotor helicopters in existence. Heck, the world's largest helicopter, the Mi-12, has that same rotor layout. In fact, I'd say that Megatron's Earth mode was very loosely based on an AH-1 (cockpit, mostly) mated with the Mi-12's rotor layout.

However, I wouldn't mind seeing a "normal" helicopter - that is, one main rotor and a tail rotor - used as an alt mode in Animated. If springer shows up, I'm sure he'll have that sort of alt mode.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    yeah, springer! that was the guy i was thinkin of-he would be awesome in animated, even if he wasnt a triple changer, as long as he's a "classic/standard" helicopter

6. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    Since we're getting swindle, and the Protectobots were sort of the Combaticons' opposites.
    Blades would be cool, though we are getting that Evac redeco in universe as Blades.

Blades or a Springer would be awesome.

7. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Blades, Springer, maybe even Evac if late enough in the series-pretty much anything would be awesome (i love Heliformers so much!)

again, i use that lame word...

8. Feral Magnus

Feral Magnus Well-Known Member

I think Springer would make for a better choice, just look how popular Blitzwing is and he's a triple changer (though his popularity is probably mainly cuz of his personalities). Springer could make an appearance where he sees both a tradition helicopter near some cars and scans 2 sweat rides.

Also Springer makes an updated appearance in a 2 pack coming later this year so Hasbro notices that his popularity is high enough for fan demand.

9. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't care who the helicopter is, but if he gets in he better use the blade as some kind of badass giant chain-saw.

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i think he should sorta folded up in the main chopper mode, have his blades hang off the back like Blackout, and use the entire tail section as a club/buzzsaw weapon on the end

11. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

I would be all about an animated Blackout! I would be ok with just about any version of Blackout I can get (I got the premier Blackout and I do like the paint job)...now for an Ultimate Blackout! How sweet would that be!

12. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    pretty sweet! but i think an animated blackout could totally work-just have the weapon gimmick be different-like only half the tail becomes an arm weapon, and no Scorponok

13. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

it would be a great way to bring Springer into the mix and give the bots a triple changer

14. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I'm pro-Blackout for animated too. He'd make a great cameo once in a while as the loyal general who's been in the war as long as Megatron, as loyal as Shockwave while not being fanatical to the point it sounds and looks stupid.

15. Vampyr

Vampyr Shockwave loyalist

News Credits:
    why not a "spinister" with "singe" and "hair-splitter", that's a good way to introduce a target-master hommage in animated

16. tobecat

tobecat Transformers KISS Toby TFW2005 Supporter

Nice idea...like the way you think.

17. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

The main Autobot crew is already a lot LIKE the Protectobots, minus one member: they have a firetruck, a sporty little patrol car, a police motorcycle, and an ambulance. Bulkhead is the odd one out (though ironically there IS a helicopter-former named Bulkhead in the TF universe).

So an Autobot helicopter (maybe a friendly one like a rescue copter or a news copter) would round things right out. It would give the Autobots a little bit of air support, as well; I've really enjoyed the whole "Autobots = land-based, Decepticons = air-based" dynamic of Animated, but I'm sure there will eventually be exceptions to that as the universe expands.

18. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, great idea! Too bad the guys at CN said they weren't looking to put any movie characters into Animated at Botcon... :( 

Still, I think that both Blackout & Barricade would make for some nice Animated characters and could have some really cool episodes dedicated to them.