Why no Nemesis Megatron?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by convoymagnus, Feb 21, 2009.

1. convoymagnus

convoymagnus Yeshua Is Mashiach.

Ebay:
    I have always seen, an ever growing, enthusiast for a nemesis prime that I do not fully understand.

The word nemesis is used to describe one's worst enemy that is similar to one, but does not megatron accomplish the meaning of "nemesis" for Optimus Prime???

I mean, a black evil prime of wichever nature may come, is just a copy of Prime, and cannot be prime's nemesis because it is INFERIOR to prime, Why? because he is NOT prime, he is a copy, and will most of the time use the same reasonings, battle tactics and logic as prime does but not in an exact way as prime because he was not created using prime's original schematics, he was just somehow copied but not replicated to the core.

Anyway, I know that many of the Black nemesis prime advocates will find a lot of issues to debate the above reasoning, but then a question raises....

if there is a nemesis Prime.....Why isn't there a GOOD NEMESIS MEGATRON????

2. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Nemesis Prime is almost always a clone of OP, that's true, but the clone is made by Unicron and is given some of the destructive power of the planet eater, like the dead matrix, which can kill Primus, or the Doomstone, which is like the Dead matrix except it just kills things outright (the latter is from Linkage comics). So that's why he's evil. That, and there's only really been like 3 total versions of the type of him sold by Hasbro in both Universe lines and Armada (4 if you include RID Scourge, who's an evil black repaint of G2 Laser Prime, and I'm going on a 'per line' basis here since Scourge had more than one toy)

Megatron is already evil (Shattered Glass continuity aside, where Megs is the good guy leader), and his 'good' counterpart normaly is Prime, so he doesn't need a good guy clone. He just gets reformated into Galvatron usually.

3. Cast

Cast Roll the dice

I think it is cos most writters find a evil version of the hero is far more intresting to write for than a heroic version of the villian, nobel villians that change sides in the end yes but out right good clones of the bad guy just don't seem to dumb up the same drama.

4. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    um....he transforms into a gun.
    how's a good guy supposed to be a good guy when he is a frickin' gun?

Besides, i would rather have a Nemesis Shockwave....
    (ahem, G1 mold, of course.)

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

And Megatron is a rational villain (unless he's Galvatron) and has at times worked with Optimus Prime when the situation demands it. Since Megatron has the ability to display heroic attributes, a "Nemesis" Megatron is rather unncessary. Prime wouldn't go evil, but Megs would good if he had too.

6. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    ^This. Some of my favorite episodes where the ones with the evil twin. In G1, I liked Motormaster. K.A.R.R. and Captain Pollution were the best in their respective shows.

7. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Um... you kinda contridicted yourself. Nemisis Prime is Nemisis Prime because prime is good and Nemisis is evil this is the closest you'll get to having a "Nemisis" Megatron.

8. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    Not at all, You may think that nemesis means Evil, but it does not. Nemesis is used to describe ones worst enemy that is similar or counterpart, but not neccesarily evil, that is why Prime is Nemesis to Megatron.

9. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    Well in that instance Megatrons Nemisis would be this, still.

10. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because the official name for a black Megatron is Shadow Blade.

11. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

The toy wouldn't sell.

12. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    yes but Shadow blade is still evil, or is he? what I mean is a copy of megatron that fights on the side of the autobots. Like the evil p"nemesis" prime does for the Decepticons.

13. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

What's the point of having a Nemesis Megatron when Megatron's already evil?

14. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Nemesis Megatron would be a hideously evil Megaton, obviously. Eternally cloaked in shadow and all that.

15. convoymagnus

Ebay:
    yes but this goes beyond a toy, is about the character itself.

Nemesis prime kinda started with RID scourge(in fact started all back in the G1 season 2 episode a prime problem where megatron creates an evil clone of prime) but since then fans in the world have fantasized with an evil prime re painiting their own toys and going after all the official re-paints.

16. megatronkicksas

News Credits:
    I would buy it. :p 

17. convoymagnus

Ebay:

What's the point of having an evila prime when Megatron is already Prime's worst enemy AKA "NEMESIS"

18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    That may be how it's "used", but that's not what it means:

nemesis - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

And quite frankly, it's not used correctly in many cases -- including how you're using the word. It looks like you paraphrased a paragraph from the wikipedia entry, and we all know how reliable and accurate wikipedia is. :rolleyes: 

In mythology, Nemesis was the Greek goddess of retribution. But today, essentially, the word simply means "archenemy." It really doesn't have anything to do with being "similar or counterpart." The definition has been altered and distorted thanks to genre fiction.

In short, the nemesis of Megatron is Optimus Prime. Starscream qualifies as Megatron's nemesis too, for that matter.

Megatron doesn't need a "good" version of himself as an archrival. It would just be... silly. Although, I'll admit that does sound like it would be an interesting and amusing farcical episode or comedic fanfic.

19. Julliant

Julliant This space for rent.

I was just messing around with that post. Personally I never got into the idea of Nemesis Prime. To me it's just a cliched anime anti-hero thing. Motormaster is the original bad truck.

20. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't see how that would work, though... it's one thing to have an evil version of Prime, but to have an ultra-evil version of a character who's evil to begin with is...

Why not have a good version of Megatron? What's a word that's the opposite of nemesis?

Touche.