Why No Leader Lugnut?!?!

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Torque, Apr 27, 2008.

1. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    (taken from one of the news things)

Well why not?! he so far i the only grossly out-of-scale toy in the ENTIRE Animated line other than Voyager Bulkhead, but he's getting a Leader class toy. So why not Lugnut? He's big, bad, menacing, and one of the monster powerhouses of the Decepticons

i mean, just by looking at his tiny Voyager class toy and pictures of Lugnut from the show, ive come up with a rough, in-my-head design of how to do his Leader toy dang near perfect to the show-with the P.O.K.E. and all! only issue ive had is his head, but im working on that now, and if i was an artist, i would make a design diagram and post it.

but im like a 17-year-old kid, and I could come up with a great design for him-so why are the squads of trained professionals at Hasbro not even trying?

2. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    his alt mode is rather large

3. Soundblaster1

Soundblaster1 The Heisenberg of Toys

News Credits:
    If I told you the answer was the almighty dollar, would that be sufficient? Lugnut probably isn't popular enough to warrant a leader class figure. Like with the movie, Brawl had a decent enough role to warrant the figure.

I don't actually watch the show, so I can't comment on the role Lugnut plays, but I'm guessing there are more important characters (Such as Bulkhead, even... But he's got the Headmaster, which all the other Leaders can use = money on Bulkhead sales) that can get a larger figure that will bring in money.

4. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    So is MP Starscream's. They still released him with a small bot mode.

5. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i think Lugnut is important enough to get a larger figure-i mean, he is one of the 3 main decepticons still live (not counting Starscream) i mean, Lugnut gets tons of screen time and is incredibly awesome, i just dont understand Hasbro in this instance

6. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think he is popualr enough, and the panels said the show will be centralizing around the cons as well, wherever Megs is, Lugnut is! I think you can make a leader without realy changing the size. just do somethings different with the legs and the arms really, he doesnt have to be much bigger in alt mode to be a leader. I mean Lockdown goes from deluxe to standing voyager. its kind of the same concept.

7. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He's not important enough and scale clearly isn't the biggest priority in the line.

Also probably not too popular with the kids.
    Done.

Oh by the way if you want scale so much, his vehicle mode is to scale with all vehicle modes.

8. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Let KO make it happen ! :D 

9. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    totally not done-the second season will revolve around the Decepticons, from what we've read. that will make him important enough for sure

10. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    KO?

11. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    agreed,
    but scale wise in the cartoon he is one of the shorter decepticons.

a leader class would have like a 12+ inch wingspan but he would still be short.

12. alecgates15

alecgates15 DK is Triple Hitler

News Credits:
    Well every TF series so far only had three leader molds. Magnus, Megatron, and Bulkhead. The Movie had Optimus, Megatron and Brawl. Need I go on?

13. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Maybe he'll get one later, then? Animated is (from what I understand) continuing after the second movie. There's definitely time.
    Knockoff. Not made by HasTakTomy.
    This. A jet alt-mode with a short bot mode doesn't lend itself to scale. Same reason MP Starscream wasn't bigger in bot mode. Overly large alt-mode = bad.

14. Red Alert

Red Alert Security

News Credits:
    merchandising!merchandising!merchandising!:D 

there is always room for more

movie did have ultimate bb

15. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    the movie was about 2 hours, the series has already been going on for twice that length. im not saying double the Leader numbers, just add 1 more

and still, he is dwarfed by Blitzwing's toy, yet in the series is a tad taller than him. from what ive seen of the Bulkhead to Bulkhead, Leader Lugnut would be the perfect size.

EDIT:: and Lugnut had a massive vehicle mode-check the episode when he scanned it. a slight leg change in design and he's got a few more inches-same how Leader Bulkhead's legs were redone

16. Soundblaster1

News Credits:
    Just like Animated has ROAC Prime and Omega Supreme(?). Cybertron had Primus and Supreme Starscream. Energon had Unicron, Unicron, Omega Supreme, and Omega Sentinal... I don't see where this is headed any more...

17. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

exactly. I guarantee Hasbro didn't let everything out of the bag information-wise on Animated. It could still happen with enough fan support and interest. They are thinking about making a Sari toy for heaven sake, we didnt get a Spike toy in G1. A custom fan made one later on and I'm not counting headmaster Spike.

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i know, but they said they arent even working on it-i have more or less the whole thing designed in my head! just need to get a closer look at Voyager Lugnut and ill have it down perfect (except maybe head)

19. snappyjacks

snappyjacks Banned

good luck then. You can get one, but it's expensive.

20. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i wish Hasbro would hire me-they'd get a Leader Lugnut design for alot less than what they pay other designers ^_^

but why are those designers not making Leader Lugnut?!