Why no Henkei Cliffjumper?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by fabexmax, Aug 16, 2011.

1. fabexmax

fabexmax Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So we got a Classics CJ, but what gives? Bumblebee got Classics, Henkei, RtS, & United! Thats 4 friggin repaints of the same mold. Cliffjumper couldn't get the Henkei or United treatment? Why?

Especially considering that there are 2 custom head kits out there for Classics Cliffjumper to make him more.. Jumper-y!?

I mean, I <3 my Classics Cliff, but am always put off a lil buy his sliver paint job. Why didn't we get a sexy shiny red! All red? I mean, come on? I really thought they'd rectify this in United? Anyone know the reason why, or think we will get a proper all red repaint in the future? Me and Sideburn and waiting on an answer! ;) 

2. Mousesi2k

Mousesi2k Decepticreep

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    +1 Like!

3. Star Saber

Star Saber Primus Hates You!

News Credits:
    I want a Henkei/United version as well! All red! Least it'll normalize the price a bit, and I can get a more accurate Cliffjumper to pair with my classics and the SG Decepticons :)  Who knows? Maybe FP might re-release the Cannon set again if they do :) 

4. blur3479

blur3479 The most boring member

News Credits:
    Because everyone fucks over cliff jumper since he's never been relevant he's always been a midget thanks to bb. And in prime he gets killed revived and killed again.

5. fabexmax

News Credits:

Could a comment be more full of win!

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It's something that makes less and less sense as time moves on. I know Takara didn't release the straight Hasbro redecoes of Classics 1.0 molds (Cliffjumper, Ultra Magnus, Skywarp) under Henkei (Ramjet was technically a significant remold) despite them being different characters. If they'd kept to original molds only, I could've understood that...only much of the rest of the Henkei line was saw straight redecoes of Universe/Classics 2.0 molds (Silverstreak, Smokescreen, Ratchet) plus those with some remolding (Sideswipe, Red Alert), plus Skywarp released as an exclusive with the remaining Seekers...yet no Cliffjumper or Ultra Magnus. Nothing in United either, despite yet another Bumblebee deco which was released as Bumblebee (no "Goldbug" designation or something of that sort) and another Voyager Megs release.

A Takara release would work since they could go with a more G1 accurate Cliffjumper and a more G1 toy accurate Ultra Magnus (largely white, instead of white and blue). Hell, throw in that Black Convoy that never got a release, since black Prime redecoes are more Takara's specialty than Hasbro's. I would think those decoes of those molds might hold more interest than that Deluxe Optimus (the two-pack, not G2 Laser) that was released in the first wave of United.

7. daelite20

daelite20 autobots

News Credits:
    Why no united ultra Magnus?

8. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Um, Cliffjumper DID get a Henkai toy (and technically, he DID get a United toy with his Cybertronian form), the C-18 Legends pack.

As to why no Cliffjumper compared to all the BB uses? He wasn't a key player in a series of mega-hit theatrical films

9. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Huh, I completely forgot that Takara never released a version of Deluxe Cliffy. I remember a bunch of us discussing his absence back when the first Henkei line-up was announced, but most of us just assumed he'd be released in a later wave. Would be interesting to know why it never happened.

10. fabexmax

News Credits:
    :gen069: 

11. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Giving up on the fiction.

News Credits:
    I'm assuming Takara's like us and waiting for a better mold.

Don't get me wrong: The mold's good...for Bumblebee.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think it'd work fine for Cliffjumper too with some remolding, a la Wheeljack/Tracks, with a new head, some modifications to the vehicle, and perhaps a weapon thrown in.

13. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If only they'd make a United Ultra Magnus...*cough cough*

I'd only buy a Takara Cliffjumper if it had a remolded head that looked good. I don't mind the silver/grey bits on my classics Cliffjumper.

14. Incepticon

Incepticon Double Agent

News Credits:
    Wasn't there some chatter last year about a new Cliffjumper supposedly getting released for Universe or Generations? Obviously it never happened, but I'm sure I remember that being news or at least a very reliable rumor some time ago. It was WAY before the announcements and releases of any War For Cybertron figs.

15. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    At least we'll be getting 2 Deluxe TF Prime CJs, the regular and zombie versions.

But I'd gladly get a TF United Classics metallic CJ. I like the TF United WFC metallic repaint better than the regular one.

16. XxGeck0xX

XxGeck0xX デストロン 情報

News Credits:
    Most of my classics collection is Henkei/United, it would be nice to have these come out in a takara line. I think it was said before that takara never makes bb or cj in the same size class, but the latest wfc release seems to go againest that.

17. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    We did get a Henkei Cliffjumper, he used the Legends mold. We also got a United Cliffjumper he used the WFC mold. How many Cliffjumpers do you think TakaraTomy is going to release?

Also I doubt TakaraTomy was satisfied just releasing Deluxe Classics Bumblebee in red as Cliffjumper as the head didn't match. At least when they released the Legends Bumblebee as Cliffjumper in Japan, the mold had not yet been released as Bumblebee in that country.

Randy

18. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Autobot Strategist

Maybe the chatter was for WFC Cliffy? And I'd like to point out that Generations is still running, so anything's possible.

19. UltimusPrime

UltimusPrime Banned

News Credits:
    Takara is missing a bunch of releases.

There is no Skullgrin , Thunderwing , Warpath , and Windcharger. I know Skullgrin is a Retool of Straxus but they could at least release it in the United line. Do scout figures even get released in Japan in single packs?

And while they are at it they need to coordinate with Hasbro about getting Rumble , Frenzy , Strafe , Stepper , and Scrapheap released worldwide.

20. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Yeah, I've got the Henkei Minibot Cliff and repainted my Classics CJ into a Henkei scheme.

I'm happy with what I've got.