Why no Decepticon Plot Scenes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Davis Prime, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

Are these sorts of things truly well-suited to a Hollywood action film?

There was just as much character development in the film as there was in the first few seasons of G1.

2. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

How much could it have possibly cost them to have 1 minute of dialogue between Starscream and Megatron? Maybe instead of hiring "hot chicks" to parade around they could have gone with that? I'm not even asking for much, I just want more out of Megatron.

3. kjeevahh

kjeevahh n/a

News Credits:
    there were two real decepticon scenes in my eyes, when frenzy gets into barricade, and when megatron talks to starscream. they were both great, the megatron talking to starscream one was one of the best bits of the film, i can only hope that in the sequel they have more stuff like that

4. BlackTrailerOps

BlackTrailerOps Motor Boatin S.O.B.

Here's a devil advocate question (kinda): If they had gone with boxier G1-esque Robot forms which would have been easier to animate, they theoretically would have more money for more robot scenes. So would you settle for the old designs for more robot time and more plot/character development.

My answer to my own question: Yeah I probably would. Megatron and Starscream are two huge fan favorites because they were just badass in the show. They were developed together, and you got to see them in action a good bit, therefore you knew them better and didn't just like them because they looked cool and made big explosions. At least thats how I feel about them.

5. Jimmyjimjim

Jimmyjimjim Well-Known Member

Ummmm... Blackout getting the army computer.... Barricade interrogating Sam..Megs chasing Sam....

I agree with you in principle, though. They never really establish the Decepticons as anything other than spies and monsters. They should have had just ONE Decepticon "assembly" where they receive orders from Megs or something (maybe establish the concept of energon?) to contrast the big Autobot scene.

Although why the Autobots decided to all hang out at the Griffith Observatory I don't know.

6. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    As explained at Botcon, the film is from Sam's perspective, plus the government and the military for a worldwide perspective, and framed by Optimus' narration. Why then would we have intercutting with the Decepticons? This isn't me speaking as a fan, it's just filmmaking.