Why no Decepticon Plot Scenes?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Davis Prime, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Davis Prime

Davis Prime Active Member

If you've watched the movie, you'll know the who'll story of how the Autobots & decepticons have been fighting for ----?(did they even say how long they've been fighting for? nevermind), Anyways you know that perspective of the robots like in one scene in the cartoons you always had the Bots & Cons talking about their plots to save or destroy, you get what Im saying? In the Movie the Cons never got their side of the story told, everything was just told by the Bots. They never got their whole plot told. There was no talking between the Cons just by the end of the movie, so why not during the arrival of the Bots, or BB's capture, or Sam's interrogation with Barricade. There was nothing for them, It was just a straight up Autobot movie.

2. Gears

Gears buh-buh-body ya Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yup, the Decepticons were really lacking for character development, except maybe for Frenzy.

3. jazz_00

jazz_00 legen wait 4 it dary

thats 1 of the main things that let me down in this movie. alouth i liked the movie i really wished we couldve seen more decepticon screen time.

4. StefanXPrime

StefanXPrime Hater of all things G1

All the people i saw it with didn't care that they didn't have characterization. We just wanted to see them fight.

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Hopefully, the Cons will become more than :::insert random evil bad guy here::: for the sequel.

6. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

Well I think one reason why the movie was so deficient of Decepticon activity was because it focused too much on Australian computer chicks, and hackers. Becasue you know, they bring in the crowds more then the actual villians.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    no "plot scenes"? then what was the whole beginning of the movie with blackout and scorponok? and frenzy's attack on air force one that shows you exactly what they're after?

8. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    I did find it odd that the other decepticons were just hangin' out before being called. They could have at least mentioned them, or shown snips of them causing problems wherever they were at.

Are we supposed to think they were just lazying around army bases, letting humans drive them around?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  9. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

As far as scenes for characterization, the writers did mention at BotCon that without a human to serve as a stand-in for the audience, it was difficult for the Decepticons to have any character scenes or exposition.

That's why we had the 'Con roll-call bit towards the end, just so there'd be SOME familiarization before the climax.

10. sharke

sharke canadian piece of sh*t

its simple, the Decepticons are so badass they don't need plot or character development

11. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

It's simple really. Michael Bay and the writers don't understand the concept of "gray". In their world, evil is evil, and good is good. The world is black and white. There's no wiggle room. Why characterize the villians? Then there might *gasp* be some kind of rationalization to their motives, God forbid it.

12. Spartan-117

Spartan-117 Well-Known Member

The Decepticon's needed to be seen as big bad monsters for the introduction to work. The audience was meant to feel the fear of the humans and Autobots, giving them significant development would hinder that.
    Although I suspect for the sequel they'll change it a bit, can't have the same thing twice.

13. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I don't believe that at all.

mysterious villains = more intimidating villains

14. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    Why?? Because the focus is on the humans and the Autobots

15. Razorblaze

Razorblaze God of Thunder TFW2005 Supporter

Spartan-117 hit the nail on the head.

16. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    Simple reason: THE WRITERS AND DIRECTOR SUCK.

17. JusticeSabre

JusticeSabre FLUKE the SYSTEM.

Ebay:
    Shit... with that kind of thinking, you'd end up not being able to contain the entire story to just one 2 hour film!
    You'd have to make several films to tell the whole story, and we all know that's not profitable...

18. bugmenot

bugmenot Banned

I find villains that have motives, and their followers are more then just drones to be a hell of alot more compelling.

19. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:

agreed. a simple confirmation of starscream's deceit would have been nice.

20. Jimmyjimjim

Jimmyjimjim Well-Known Member

Wow, that was....simplified..

I read an interview with Mike Bay that talked about the fact that the animation and effects were so expensive and time consuming to do that they had to very carefully choose how often they could show the robots.

That being said, I'm sure they didn't want to waste time on Decepticon exposition when they could show more action.

As much as some nice Starscream/Megatron whining/scheming sessions would have been nice, I think they made a good call.

However, I could have done without "Nokiabot" and "DewBot" (or Bumblebee urinating) if it would've meant just one more scene in which "Big M" insults Starscream.