Why Mp Megatron Will Never Happen

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by anemis, Apr 6, 2006.

1. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

Hi !!

well with mp starscream on the way i,ve realized one thing.... they will be able to use the same mold (more or less) to make about 10 other mp,s such as thundercracker,thrust,sunstorm and so on... so it,s very lucrative to design and make mp starscream,

just look at what they,re doing with alternators... they use the same molds at least 3 times or about 5 times with the impreza mold....

my point is with mp optimus prime they made ultra magnus and they,ll probably make nemesis prime eventually...

now with a mp megatron (with a gun alter mode) you can only make megatron !!! maby shockwave but it would need extensive modifications .....
    unless of course they make meg a tank but come on personnaly i think it should be a gun and nothing else if you want to stay true to the tradition....

so that,s why they will never design an mp megatron THEY CANT DO ALLOT OF MONEY WITH IT damn you hasbro

that,s why i built my own transforming mp megatron

www.marksprojects.com

2. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

Hi !!

well with mp starscream on the way i,ve realized one thing.... they will be able to use the same mold (more or less) to make about 10 other mp,s such as thundercracker,thrust,sunstorm and so on... so it,s very lucrative to design and make mp starscream,

just look at what they,re doing with alternators... they use the same molds at least 3 times or about 5 times with the impreza mold....

my point is with mp optimus prime they made ultra magnus and they,ll probably make nemesis prime eventually...

now with a mp megatron (with a gun alter mode) you can only make megatron !!! maby shockwave but it would need extensive modifications .....
    unless of course they make meg a tank but come on personnaly i think it should be a gun and nothing else if you want to stay true to the tradition....

so that,s why they will never design an mp megatron THEY CANT DO ALLOT OF MONEY WITH IT damn you hasbro

www.marksprojects.com

3. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

Hi !!

www.marksprojects.com

4. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    A realistic toy handgun isn't something that Hasbro wants liability for. 1984 was a more innocent time, try that now ... you'll have neighbors calling the police instantly.

Guns need to be treated with respect and not as toys. Hasbro recognized that eventually.

5. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    A realistic toy handgun isn't something that Hasbro wants liability for. 1984 was a more innocent time, try that now ... you'll have neighbors calling the police instantly.

Guns need to be treated with respect and not as toys. Hasbro recognized that eventually.

6. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

They could make Megaplex. Since we're getting Starscream I really hope they do Thundercracker and Skywarp.

8. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

takara could release megs in japan though right?

9. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    Prove it.

10. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

well i assume this is the case since they re-released the original megs in the tfc line. just throwing this out there to be shot down...

11. MegaMoonMan

MegaMoonMan www.megamoonman.com TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    YouTube:
    No, I didn't mean you have to prove it, I meant the thread starter did.

I think it's quite possible. He may not be a gun, but it's possible.

12. Brave Magnus

Brave Magnus Hecho en Argentina

News Credits:
    I haven't visited your page in a long time and I'm happy to see what you ahve done with Megatron and Ultra Magnus.
    As for a MP Megatron I have to agree that gun-toys are not allowed although I see a bunch of kids in the streets with them.

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In theory they could, but I doubt they would as Hasbro wouldn't joint-finance it. The best bet of seeing a Megatron Masterpiece is probably either his G2 tank form, or something along those lines. Thing is, the Masterpieces are meant to be updates of the originals, which that then wouldn't be.

14. soundwaveCA

soundwaveCA Veteran

News Credits:
    Ya I think the all the talk of releasing of Megatron is like :horse: 

15. Darth Megatron

Darth Megatron Don't tell Lucas!

Megatron hasn’t been a handgun since G1, but Optimus has been some form of a truck or another. It was easy for them to pull of the Masterpiece Prime because people (kids) can recognise who Prime it. Plus a truck is more accepted as a kids toy, handgun, not so much. From a new fans perspective, Megatron as a hand gun doesn't make any sense. It is only for the G1 fan boys who know who and what Megatron was. Because Megatron doesn't have a constant alt mode through out the series, I can't see Hasbro developing a new style mold for a masterpiece line.

16. anemis

anemis Well-Known Member

17. Darkravager

Darkravager Zombie Hunter

I don't think that your home made "Masterpiece" Megatron is proof that it can be done in a large, mass production scale. On top of that, as has been stated before, Hasbro CANNOT release a realistic gun alt. mode Megatron.

18. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Classics Megatron is believed to be a gun. Why not a Masterpiece?

19. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    Personally I'd rather have a tank MP Megs than a sweet robot mode with a glorified flare gun alt mode.

20. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i dont see what the big deal is...they still sell toy guns at my toys r us...just put an orange tip on the end we can take off with paint thinner once we get it home. I played with "realistic" gun toys as a kid and I do not go around knocking off Wawa's , Robbing banks and killing people.