Why Megatron might be fighting Evil Optimus?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MonstercatPrime, Apr 13, 2017.

1. MonstercatPrime

MonstercatPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So in the last trailer there was a scene where evil prime and megatron fought. And prime definatley had purple eyes, so he was working with Quintessa at the time, why would he fight Megatron if they all want to restore Cybertron? Well, what if Quintessa doesnt want to restore cybetron but to do some shit to earth and make the planet her own? But megatron somehow (hopefully with shockwave, but highly unlikely, maybe even Unicron?) finds a way to bring a part of cybetron back? We never had a good shot of cybetron in the trailers, it was always shattered. So, what if Prime and Quintessa want to "cyberform" earth, but Megatron wants to conquer it like he did in TFP with Darkmount and everything. Fucking hell im hyped as fuck.

2. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Does he need a reason to fight him? Optimus has been the biggest source of pain for Megs since movie one. I'd want him dead just for that time he blew half Megs' face off.

Though I like your ide athat Megatron wants to conquer Earth and not just let someone else have it. Maybe it's like if he can't have it his way, nobody gets to have the planet.

• Like Like x 1
  3. MonstercatPrime

MonstercatPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He did kill Sentinel with Optimus when he found out that Sentinel wants Cybetron for himself so there is a good chance it'll happen

4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    I said this in another thread, but my theory is that Optimus is tricked into thinking he's reviving Cybertron and instead, he's actually reviving Unicron. Megatron knows that if Unicron comes about, there will be no chance of seeing Cybertron again.

Perhaps that's why the Cybertronians formed an alliance with the humans a long time ago to make sure no one mistakenly activates or calls Unicron.

• Like Like x 4
  5. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

YouTube (Legacy):
    Well, I have been wondering at the possibility that Megatron perhaps has already encountered Quintessa. This would mean that somewhere down the line, Galvatron was captured and brought before Quintessa. Exactly when is hard to tell. I believe this because the mark on his face is what might possibly be the corroding effect of Dark Energon exposure. Quintessa has shown that she seems to have some control over it since when she lifted her hand, it looked like Optimus was in pain and struggling as the red mark on his face glowed brighter.

If Megatron did encounter Quintessa, I would imagine perhaps the scenario went along the lines of this. Galvatron is brought before Quintessa, his earthly identity having been blown. Knowing him to be one of her lost knights, Quintessa alters Megatron to make him resemble his true form since she sees no need for him to hide behind a false identity. In an attempt to control him, Quintessa has Megatron exposed to Dark Energon. But much to her surprise, Megatron shows resistance to the substance, whether it simply be because of strong will or his lack of a spark. Infuriated at Quintessa's many attempts to control him, Megatron declares no one is the master of him before finally breaks free. Quintessa is angry that her knight manages to escape but grows interested when she receives news of an unconscious Optimus found in drifting in space. She decides that if she can't control Megatron, then she'll simply have him destroyed by his most hated enemy.

As for Megatron siding with the good guys. I feel that it might be temporary, but I doubt that he would agree to save the Earth. As stated on his toy bio, Megatron does want to restore Cybertron. So what would stop him from claiming the Omega Lock for himself once he dealt with Prime? Megatron would see the alliance as only a way to get rid of Optimus and the creators. With the creators gone and his most hated enemy gone, Megatron would be delighted to allow the merge to proceed as planned to wipe out the insects he's grown to despise over the many years. With the merge complete, he would be hailed as Cybertron's savior, allowing him to seize the power he's always wanted.

• Like Like x 2
  6. ChaosDonkey

ChaosDonkey Lord Brain

The reason is clear.
    Even if they all want to revive cybertron.
    Megatron would never allow anybody else but him the pleasure of ruling it

• Like Like x 4
  7. daniel 97

daniel 97 Autobots' second in command

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Who could've predicted after DOTM that someday Megatron will save the day by beating Optimus Prime?!

• Like Like x 2
  8. jaws

jaws Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It doesn't matter if his eyes are blue or purple, Optimus and Megatron have been enemies for eons

• Like Like x 2
  9. AMG

AMG Old School

Megatron always has an agenda. I'm guessing Optimus Prime doesn't fit into his plans.

10. CKPRIME

CKPRIME Banned

News Credits:
    Megatron just wants to be in charge.

• Like Like x 2