why masterpiece soundwave shouldn be done

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by megatron10824, Apr 5, 2009.

1. megatron10824

megatron10824 taghdhjk

k if ur gonna look at this thread and say this guys only saying this because hes not a soundwave fan. thats not true i love soundwave but i dont think a masterpiece should be made because the tape deck mode would be ridicoulesy huge if its in scale and not as big as the origanel. second the tape deck mode cant top music player soundwaves mp3 mode but im sure the robot mode would be amazing. so thats pretty much y mp soundwave shouldnt be done anytime soon

2. tomboland

tomboland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    who ever said it had to be in scale with a real tapedeck? i could be smaller

3. Cyberjet #7

Cyberjet #7 Banned

I don't speak this language and I left my secret-decoder ring in my other pants.

4. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

Uh, dude, what *scale* are you using? Last I checked, Masterpieces are NOT all universal in scale. A Walther P99 (Masterpiece Megatron) is NOT as big as a T-Rex (Masterpiece Grimlock)!

Also, it wouldn't matter to many if Soundwave Masterpiece didn't play music, what's more important is that he can store all the tape minions at once!

5. Mechafire

Mechafire Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    /Translated.

6. OMEGAPRIME1983

OMEGAPRIME1983 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yea, like autobot burnout said, fans wouldnt really care if soundwave is in scale in alt mode. id rather see him able to hold tapes that are the same size as the g1 tapes, but more intricate.

7. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i thought that there would be a better reason, such as the influx of all the soundwaves we have gotten recently (add to it the SDCC one that is announced.)

Masterpiece is what it is. I would love to see an intricate revision of Soundwave.
    although i have to admit that one reason i so loved his G1 badassery is because he was absolutely spartan, yet had no robot kibble sticking out.

8. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Seriously, SW's transformation is so easy a Legends could pull it off.

IMO Takara/Hasbro should just release a Ultra-class pack wtih Voyager Soundwave and scouts Frenzy, Laserbeak/Ratbat and Ravage.

9. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    We need go-getters like you on the payroll. (your paid in funbucks, BTW)

MP's have always been about one mode over the other, AFAICT, with the obvious exceptions of Grimlock and Starscream. Soundwave would be easy as an MP, they could focus more on details. Seriously, he has one of the best G1 toys ever.

10. Rodimus Major

Rodimus Major Custom User Title

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Megatrons gun mode is ridiculously huge. The seekers, Prime, and Grimlock's alt modes are ridiculously small, compared to the real thing. So who cares?

11. Deceptigtar

Deceptigtar Sworn Decepticon Assassin

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    i think it would be awesome if they made one that could hold regular size tapes and play them! it would sort of be like teddy rukbin(?) but then when you play it it decodes soundwaves voice over it.

12. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    (Speaking to the author of the thread) You don't own MP Megatron, do you? Nor have you ever seen it, apparently...

13. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

A masterpiece Soundwave would be awesome. I'd love to see his super-detailed robot mode.

And he could come with Masterpiece Rumble, Laserbeak, and/or Ravage!

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd be plenty satisfied with a not-so-big MP Soundwave (like, maybe smaller than MP Starscream or Grimlock in robot mode) based around 1:1 scale standard audio cassette (as opposed to the G1 mini-cassettes), and including three or more tapes (Rumble, Laserbeak, Ravage) in that form-factor.

Though based on past Takara MP toy history, perhaps we should expect just MP Soundwave with Laserbeak, then Soundblaster with Ravage, then "Perfect Edition" Soundwave with a set of five tapes for $250. :) 

15. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ha, I would guess this is what will happen.

16. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I get what you are saying. It does seem kind of ridiculous to buy a $100 + figure that turns into a brick. However if the cassettes are done really well it could be worth it.

17. Sportimus

Sportimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A MP Soundwave with the G1 1:1 scale alt form that can accomadate a full-size cassette tape would not be taller in robot mode than MP Prime. In fact, he'd be a little bit shorter. I think the transforming tapes would be the real benefactors and winners in this larger scale.

The real issue is that poor G1 Soundwave is now an out-dated design for an alt mode. Who has a mini-cassette player these days? Besides me that is? Not many. Poor SW became obsolete when the Discman's replaced the Walkman's in the 1990's. I love Soundwave, and hope they can think of a cool and relevant alt mode for him in MP form.

18. Alex5

Alex5 No Broken

'Obselete' ideas did not make any difference for MP Grimlock.

In fact I'm not so sure why people are still bringing up this point - Masterpiece figures are supposed to be the definitive version of the G1 likeness. So Soundwave being a tape deck is fine :thumb 

19. influence82

influence82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    A Masterpiece Soundwave would probably big enough to hold Universe War Within Ratbat or Special Edition Deluxe Overkill. The only time that Takara and Hasbro were concerned with scale that I could think of was with Binaltech/Alternators/Alternity. Size does not matter here. I would prefer that a different character become a Masterpiece anyway. Music Label Soundwave is perfect.

20. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Agreed.

In my own words: G1 Soundwave was MP Soundwave. No need to improve on perfection.