Why make Megatron a Jet?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by OmegaVPrimus, Jul 18, 2006.

1. OmegaVPrimus

OmegaVPrimus Well-Known Member

Hey evryone, Dont tear me another ass hole I just want a simple and honest awnser. Iam a newbie! And I have a really good question. Why a cibertronian jet for megatron? Know I dont know the validiety of this claim but if it is true I refuse to watch the movie.

2. TriBlurr

TriBlurr Who am I?

News Credits:
    Its a possiblity that they are going a similar route to IDW's comics, in the initial movie he has a Cybertronian mode. Just like how he still has his Cybertronian form in "Infiltration" Then in the second film he takes on an earth mode. Just like he will in "Escalation" (or so we have been told).

I'm honestly cool with it. Megatron's been though so many different alt modes over the years, I've gotten used to not associating him with any specific alt mode.

3. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Yeah, Megatron's the easiest one to mess with in terms of Alt Modes. He couldn't be a gun as they are staying away from mass shifting, plus a gun doesn't work so well for this movie (at least with the way they appear to be working it). Also, it appears that their interpretation of Megatron is that he loathes human things, so he wouldn't feel the need or desire to disguise himself as an earth vehicle.

Plus I think, with Megatron, it's more about the personality than the alt mode. So long as he's power hungry and tyrannical, it's about all I could ask. I think most consider the striking look of Optimus more iconic, so I hope they don't mess that up too much.

4. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    You refuse to watch this movie...Because Megatron will be a cybertronian jet?:sly: 

That said, here's why:

First off, most people think that he will look like an F-15, but alienized. I think this is a very wrong assumption, and that he will look more like the Energon version on crack. He probably has the same general shape, but it could be more sleeker and bulkier, have more weapons, and there's a very good chance the fusion cannon is in the center of the jet, making it perhaps look like G1 Megatron's gun mode.. He not just owns the sky, but he RULES them, laying waste to anything, no matter if they're in the sky or on the land. Sure, the design crew could have went with a tank like the War Within version, but that wouldn't inspire enough awe for the audience, and nor could it resemble the old gunmode.

As for why he doesn't reformat into an Earthern form, Roberto Orci said it best: WHY SHOULD HE? He is the pinnacle of the Transformer race, the ultimate living creature, so why should he disgrace himself by adapting the shape of an inferior, HUMAN MADE weapon? And he doesn't need to disguise himself, since he is Megatron. If the 'pathetic flesh creatures' are shocked, well, let them come. He will make sure they will meet their doom.

5. OmegaVPrimus

Ok, I see know, I still think since they are using the PeterBilt Truck for optimus, that they should have went with the newest series I think 2004 it was issued on tv, with megatron as the tank, It would seem most fitting that the Abbram's tank was megatron. Although I guess a cybertronian jet is cool! It would be pretty cool to see starscream in their maybe fighting megatron! Wow lol I never thought about it! Who would win in a jet fight? Megatron or starscream? lol!

6. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Megatron would eat that pathetic monkey jet for breakfast.

And don't count on any backstabbing traits for Starscream. It's rumored he's in there just for the sake of having a jet to bomb buildings and wreck anything in his path. Hell, if the rumors are right, the only intelligent Decepticons will be Brawl and Soundwave/Soundbyte/Frenzy.

7. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    Starscream is probably the better aerial combatant, but Megatron has always had much more brute strength, intelligence + Firepower.

Also, I think another reason for Megs being a cybertronian jet could be, this way, they dont have to make him even resemble anything vaguely earthy in Alt mode, so he could have almost any transformation scheme, and it could just be said, "Thats what jets look like on Cybertron"

Makes you wonder, If Megs doesnt want an Earth-Based Alt mode, why would Other Decepticons go for them?

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Because they aren't the Apacolypse in a metal body?

9. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

I think the jet mode is an awesome idea for megatron. I am sure they are going to come up with some bad ass design for it as well. With a jet, I think the transformation can be a lot more complicated/cool then a tank which is very square and blocky, but a jet is very smooth and sleek.

10. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    haha, well, fair point.

I guess Megs should be Cybertronian in design aswell because, as Humans, how do we react to things we don't know/recognise.

E.g: U.F.O's, Ghost's, new technology, Computers (back when they were introduced), Alien Robots.

We (I'm referring to humankind here) either panic or fear said object/creature.

11. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    I'll be seriously disappointed if Megatron won't be the most badass, evil and awesome TF design in the movie, because he sure is shaping up to be that.

To bad we'll only see him in action in the third act...

12. OmegaVPrimus

Alright, well to be truthfull I think also the reason why other decepticon's choose earthly form's because they arent really good fighter's! Let's face it no decepticon really destructive has ever had a retarded transformation. Like tidal wave, he pwn's he is a big ass brute he stomp's and their is another autobot dead! He does not really have much of an earthly form so really, Low lvl decepticon's get low lvl accomidation's.

13. OmegaVPrimus

Hopefully the budget of 140mill will cut to the good as cgi/ human interation's setting the mood. I know for a fact know I will watch the movie. I guess know yes if a cybertronian jet it will be cool just to see a big bad ass like megatron would swoop out of the sky, note: (takes place in middle east type setting) so just even then It would just be pretty cool! Plus megatron as a jet he would have to be pretty big he stand's almost as tall if not bigger than optimus!

14. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    I am a big fan of Megatron as a Cybertron style jet, (think Energon).

It seems to me that Megs would not change forms to blend in with the earth vehicles because he would have no reason to do so. If he is trying to take over a planet, stealth would not be an issue.

A tank is a good option, but somewhat cumbersome in the speed and agility department.

A gun, well, IMHO, would not work for this Movie.

Welcome to the boards, if you are relatively new to the recent generation of Transformers, look around at the new designs and stories, Megs has come a long way since ‘85

15. Dirge121

Dirge121 Eat the chikums

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:

But Tidal Wave had four things to integrate:-
    1. 3 individual ships
    2. 1 combined warship / Giant Skyboom shield replica.
    3. Robot Mode
    4. Megatron/Galvatron Armour.

With this, there was too much too think of, and as a result, 2 out of 4 of those modes lost out.
    1.He was too heavy for Megs/Galvy's arms, so they had to be draping on the floor.
    2. His combined robot mode had about the same level of articulation as Armada Sideways.

And about Retarded transformations for great fighters, I'm sure there has been, it just depends on each persons idea of a good fighter.
    E.g
    Person A: I think Brawl is a really good fighter.
    Person B: Nah, Brawl is way lame, Dragstrip is much stronger.

And it varies from Person to Person.

16. funkatron101

funkatron101 TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I guess it all depends on how the movie plays out. It worked for the cartoon because they all crashed and the computer determined that the best tactic in an unknown environment is to blend in. None of the transformers consciencely made the choice to change modes.

If they don't address this correctly, I think a lot of people are going to wonder why some even bothered changing to an earth friendly mode. After all, that was the whole premise behind the original toys. If the Transformers brand started with the Cybertron series it would have failed.

17. Team Jetfire

Team Jetfire Pop-POP!

News Credits:
    They never really used TW to his full potential.

In the cartoon he was small, in the game he was huge. What was he???

18. OmegaVPrimus

Well, Iam glad to have conversation's like this with people that know the show etc. better than me because it teache's me and help's me adapt, but yes cybertronian jet is in! ;P And tank is out tank=blocky and earthly jet=sleak bad ass, fast and somewhat earthly but more cybotronic! New word! And I think micheal will figure it out in the end. I just hope we can find more leak's from the crew and maybe even spot the cybertronian jet. Well Iam not sure they are going to make one but at least spot the jet that will be used before cgi mach. up's.

19. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Nah, Megatron won't appear in the Middle East. Like I said, he only shows up in the third act (not counting the intro and the flashback to Cybertron), and when he does...Let's just say LA and possibly Las Vegas will never be the same again.:D 

20. prime is a legend

prime is a legend Hooch is crazy.

At first when i heard he was a jet i was a little angry but i soon realised that it could perhaps be awesome. the idea of him being incredibly fast just makes him seem to me unstoppable and thats what i think best represents megatron. something which is fast extremly powerful and unstoppable!!