why lazerbeak

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by djbee, Jun 5, 2011.

1. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    1. Laserbeak is the best known of Soundwave's avian minions, and the one used most often for reconnasance. Ratbat wasn't EVER used for spy work as far as I know.

2. Movie Frenzy only sat still in his Alt. modes and the one time in robot mode with the flight attendant lady. All other times it was like he was constantly getting electrocuted. For someone with that kind of spastic twitchyness, Frenzy sure makes alot more sense than "rumble".

:lol 

Actually, the writers didn't know Laserbeak even existed in Animated form as the toy guitar until AFTER Sound and Fury had been finished up. Because they were not informed about his existance. Much like Lugnut's war mace weapon, Laserbeak was written into the show for Soundwave's second (and I think final) apperance later on in "Human Error". SW may have even addressed the bird by name before he switched instruments to Keytar Ratbat (the only reason it was Ratbat was because one of the guys behind Animated, can't remember who, REALLY liked Ratbat and wanted to put him in somewhere).

I suspect that had Ratbat not existed, the Soundwave repaint would have just come with a repaint of Laserbeak (probably in yellow and as Buzzsaw, since nobody unfamiliar with G1 Laserbeak repaints would know a colorscheme homaging any other version of that figure)

And thus why he only showed up briefly the one time in the cartoon, which as we all know was a toy comercial with a quick weekly plot. No need to advertise a figure when it comes with another, MUCH more focal character/figure in the first place.

2. Leadfoot

Leadfoot The Strongest.

Eggs-fucking-zactly. Believe Nelson. Also, Nelson just told me that the conflict in Gaza is over following a merging of Islam and Judaism as one religion. What a guy.

3. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

they both came out at the same time
    actually no.

He was in the show more often then most think and he came with Soundwave.

4. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

I wasn't even thought of when Soundwave first came out, much less owned him, so that shows you how much I know. ;) 

Even so, I remember Buzzsaw from the G1 cartoon, it's just that he wasn't featured as much as Laserbeak. Hence why I say people are more familiar with Laserbeak than Buzzsaw.

5. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

LB is certainly better known.

6. Blot

Blot The most disgusting of all Transformers.

News Credits:
    Ratbat was used as a spy in the G1 Episode, "Grimlock's New Brain," but yeah, that was pretty much it. In the comics and on his toy bio he has other functions. Laserbeak is the main spy.

7. RoadBuster88

RoadBuster88 Studio Ghibli

Ratbat appeared in Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs...

[​IMG]

:) 

8. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

They slap popular names from the past on characters because they think that is the only thing old fans want out of a film and it gives Hasbro a good excuse to reuse some names they want to keep.

Plus he's a Decepticon so it doesn't matter what his name is.

9. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

AAAH, my mind! It hurts now! :eek: 

10. SoundWave2007

SoundWave2007 Well-Known Member

buzzsaw is soundwaves other bird minoin he looks like laserbeak but is gold instead of red

11. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    Yep, right here guys, this dude is spot on. It's clear he knows the true intentions of those that named the transformers, which was just for the soul purpose to appease us fans. Because Dino and Q fall under that assumption too, amirite?

Yeah, he's a Decepticon, so it doesn't matter what is his name is whatsoever. Laserbeak could be called Megatron in the movies and it wouldn't make a difference.. Wait, what? :confused: 

12. Fierceawakening

Fierceawakening Deceptigeek

Yeah, that confused me too.

I vote we call Megatron Grimlock from here on out! :wink: