Why it is Important to have Deleted scenes/Commentarys?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by eagc7, Jan 10, 2012.

1. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i read that many of you are dissapoint there wont be Deleted scenes in DOTM 3D Blu-Ray and Movie Trilogy 7 Disc Edtions. but i wanna know why ur dissapoint.

if it because you wanted to see extra bots scene, then that cannot be possible, cause in big budget movies like this its expensive to Render and do the characters Models, so they are jsut wasting money for nothing if they are going to cut a fully animated scene. (also if you wanted to see Skids and Mudflap, well according to optibotimus, Tom Kenny said that he never did any recording for Skids, which means they were cut before recording and thus Before they began animating the robots, thus no models were made for their DOTM incarnations)

now that were talknig of deleted scenes what scenes you hoped to see (it is fine to include bot scenes, even though they were likely never made)

Also why you guys also wanted to have commentarys on DOTM (if so what type of commentary, Bay, Writers, actors or/and ILM Commentarys?)

2. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    It's because I love, love, love making of featurettes. They're amazing. I as a dude who loves character design and monitored all 3 movies every single day since 2004. I admire a lot and thus am fascinated by seeing the CG work, the sound work and the filming progress. The Egypt feature in ROTF was fascinating.

I don't care about the deleted scenes so much though. I would prefer an extended edition rather than individual deleted scenes.

3. abc55abc55

abc55abc55 Banned

It's fun to hear about the director's thoughts, and how did his ideas came to mind. It will be cool to hear about the character models and things like that.

I just want a commentary added on.

4. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well man it comes down to this, first off I love the making of movies, how is it made, deleted scenes...etc. I love studying cinematography.....kind of an obsession/hobby. Next is that it was filmed here in my hometown and I got to see it happen 30ft from me so elevate that obsession 1000x. Third is that since my mom was an extra in the film(you can actually see here in the film) and I wanna see if I can spot her in any behind the scenes/deleted scenes features, you never know..if I could spot my mom in the background between takes on camera I would freak out again. I know that the behind the scenes would not have any bot battles, but I am just curious and would like to see scenes that they didnt use......

But thats just me;) 

5. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well the Burger King commercial had extra Optimus vs. Shockwave so that means that there definatly was some cgi trimming.

6. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i was talking of why you guys wanted deleted scenes and commentarys so badly, not talking of ALL special features

7. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    but that was for the commercial only, there was also new CGI for the BK Movie 1 and ROTF Commercials

8. Incepticon

Incepticon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because commentaries are interesting to many of us who want to hear descriptive 'off the record' information from the directors, writers and/or actors. I love knowing how certain scenes came together, what went wrong, what went right, how someone was cast, how things might have been changed, etc.

I've never cared much for deleted scenes, however. 99% of the time they are extremely underwhelming and were clearly cut for a reason. I'd rather watch extended scenes or blooper reels than deleted scenes or incomplete cinematics.

9. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    while it is true that some movies that use cgi don't fully render their secens or deleted scenes because of the expense BUT
    Take the 2007 TMNT cgi movie, on the dvd there are deleted scenes fully rendered and there are some deleted scenes that aren't fully rendered but in the begining stages of computer animation but they included them on there.
    I liked seeing how different scenes could have changed the tone and plot of the movie and it was also nice to see the process of it all.

THis is one where it starts out in storyboard then goes to beginning computer animation stages, its a deleted scene and cool to watch
    TMNT Movie 2007 - Roof Top Workout (W/O Commentary) - YouTube

Here is a fully rendered deleted scene, the only thing missing is the background noises and music (It's weird that makes so much of a difference in a scene it throws the whole scene off without background noise and music)
    TMNT Movie 2007 - Mikey's Birthday Party - YouTube

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    Because we love to hear behind the scenes stuff? Usually hearing about the production process, authorial intent, and seeing how it's all done is a lot more interesting than the film itself is.

11. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    With Cartoons its a different thing, then again i never said they never render scenes that woudl be deleted, i said it just a waste of money to cut fully render scenes in movies like transformers (cause unlike cartoons and such, The Transformers do take their time to render and such due to many pieces, details and such, thus creating characters that they wont use (like skids and mudflap), would be a waste of moeny, but then again i never said studios would never render scenes that would be cut)

12. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

I've always loved deleted scenes - I'm curious to see what gets left out, and often times I find that some of it ends up being better than scenes in the actual film.

Just recently I watched Thor and X-Men: First Class' deleted scenes and some of them were fantastic and really would have added to the movie.

I've always been more into deleted scenes and trailers than a commentary though - commentaries tend sometimes because they can go off on tangents. And sometimes the person doing the commentary can bore me to death.

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    I like commentaries because they offer insight on the movies as a whole. Deleted scenes can bite my hairy ass. They don't have robots, so why bother?

14. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

No robots is a downer, but it depends on the human characters or type of scenes - I would love to see some deleted scenes with say, Lennox and Epps, but definitely wouldn't care to see any with Sam and his boss, or Wang, etc.....

15. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Because I want to know what was originally gonna happen, concepts and charecters deleted aswell as understanding of what was supposed to happen to better understand the movies themselves.

16. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love watching the movie, but I'm always interested to see the behind the scenes stuff. I want to see how they made this and did that. There's always insightful interviews and added extras on special features that I enjoy. Nowadays, I only buy movies if they have special features(I only buy I absolutely love) and thats usually what I look forward to most of all when I put it in the DVD player

17. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    This.

And this.

Many people are quite interested in the making of these movies, whether it be Transformers-related or not. To see what could've been, to get inside the minds of those involved with production and so forth is a dream come true for movie fans.

I still think that what was sorely lacking from the bonus features of these movies has been BLOOPER REELS. I know that the humour may not appease everyone, but you'd think that with the amount of ad-libbing from comedic actors (and all of the other humour they try to cram in there), that there'd be five minutes of flubbing lines, different takes, etc.. Imagine all of the stuff with John Turturro at least! That alone would make a good gag reel.

18. MTME

MTME Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whoa calm down I never said you said never in fact I was agreeing with you that it is costly for studios to fully render a scene that might be cut all I said was that it sometimes happens and here is sort of what the process looks like is all. :) 

19. SouthtownKid

SouthtownKid Headmaster

News Credits:
    I don't understand the question. I want commentaries because I enjoy commentaries.

Why is it important to watch the movie? Because you want to watch the movie. It's kind of a ridiculous question.

I understand some people have no interest in how the movies are made or have no interest in insights into what the movie makers were thinking or trying to accomplish. I can understand that for some people those things might be completely irrelevant or boring. But some people are very interested in that stuff.

As for deleted scenes, yeah, there wouldn't be any additional robot stuff. Or at least no additional completed robot stuff. But sometimes, deleted scenes can add context to the scenes that are in the movie. You might get stuff relating to character motivation that got cut for pace or run time. Sometimes the deleted scenes are completely useless and it's obvious why they were cut. But other times, they might be good scenes that just couldn't be fit into the final cut for whatever reason. Occasionally, you'll get an alternate ending to a movie. And occasionally, that alternate ending ends up being better than what we got in the theatrical release. You never know.

20. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i wasnt yelling or angry at you:(