Why Isn't Transformers Animated on iTunes?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Monte Williams, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Monte Williams

Monte Williams Deconstructicon

I'm one of those clever fans who neglected to buy seasons of Transformers Animated on DVD and now watches in horror at the prices said DVDs command on eBay. (I'm also still bitter that Season Three never saw release on DVD, 'cause I still haven't seen that damn season).

I understand that once the show was cancelled, there was little incentive for Hasbro or whoever to spend money producing the packaging and shipping it to stores and what have you... but how much does it cost to sell a show through iTunes? I have to assume the profit margin is a lot more inviting through that medium than through DVD?

I assume the answer is some sort of PR-speak about market confusion and maximizing Transformers Prime's chances of market penetration, but it sucks.

2. flamepanther

flamepanther Interested, but not really

It's probably due to some licensing deal with CN.

3. The F.N.G.

The F.N.G. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd imagine that whatever the reasons for Season 3 not seeing a DVD release might also play into it not appearing on iTunes. Personally, I'm annoyed that I can't find any Transformers shows (movies excluded) on iTunes up here in Canada.

4. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    The entire G1 isn't even on iTunes. It's just something they neglect, which is a shame.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably for the same reason there's no S3 on DVD.

OP's sig rules, btw.