Why isn't the Fan Made Lego Optimus not Frontpaged?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by PeolesDru, Jul 20, 2007.

1. PeolesDru

PeolesDru Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm curious. Is it because we're not allowed for some reason to point at and comment on their stories? Is it because of some dispute between their site and ours? Isn't that pretty f**king interesting Transformers news? So, what's with that?

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  3. PeolesDru

News Credits:
    I'm talking about this: http://tfkenkon.com/g/?mode=album&album=Lego+Movie+Prime&dispsize=1000

Which I would think totally deserved to be frontpaged. One of the other TF sites pointed it out. Of course, Remy is the real source in this case.

4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Was that shown at the Malaysian Robotcon event? If it was, we would have included it in our coverage of that event.

At any event it is like ams said, this is really something more at home in the kitbash forum, unless Hasbro & Takara Tomy plan on restarting the TF building block figures and release that thing officially.

5. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    customs are only FP'd when they make it into our gallery, plain and simple.

6. Sector Seven

Sector Seven ∞ GΣΣK™

I know when I come to the front page of 2005, I'm not looking to find out who repainted a figure or built something out of blocks - I'm looking for news. I guess that's the nice thing about having other sites to visit - you can always check someplace else if that's your thing.

7. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Customs are rarely ever news. It's a decent custom, but nothing frontpage worthy at all.

8. PeolesDru

News Credits:
    Hey, that's cool - apparently you have your standards. Hopefully if someone builds a movie-accurate 1:10 scale Optimus Prime that transforms we'll make an exception and frontpage it. EVEN though it's a "kitbash" and the original images aren't "hosted here". To my mind, that lego creation qualified as the kind of extremely high-quality fanbuilt item that deserved wide exposure. You guys might think I'm crazy but if your rule extended to my hypothetical 1:10 Prime, then I'd have to think you were the crazy ones. The lego creation lies on the borderline between "I'm crazy" and "You're crazy" for me.

Carry on then, nothing more to see here.

9. Hook

Hook The real Constructicon leader Veteran

News Credits:
    Yup, standard that made this site win Best TF Fan site/News site awards two years in a row. Awards given by Hasbro themselves.

I think that speaks volumes.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Dude, if we posted evry single amazing kitbash done anywhere, our frontpage would be so clogged the site would crash, and real news would be bumped so far down noone would see it. Stop trolling and understand that in order to be efficiant, we can't Fp/archive everything under the sun that's Transformers related. That's what the forums are for.:thumb 

Best just to stick to news.

11. PeolesDru

News Credits:
    I wasn't disputing anything like that. Just expressing surprise. Since it's not my website, I can make peace with it.

12. PeolesDru

News Credits:
    Man, you beat the CRAP out of that straw-man! I was certainly not suggesting we "post every single amazing kitbash done anywhere", because SURE, *that* would be preposterous. I'm also, for the record, not suggesting we post My Little Pony news either. Just so we're clear on that.

Also the site wouldn't crash. The site would crash from traffic, not content. If you're right (and you may well be) and putting up something like this Lego Prime would make this site less appealing, then technically putting it up would reduce traffic and make the site *less* likely to crash. Also, the Earth won't spiral into the sun if this site frontpaged a kitbash and frontpaged kitbashes are *not* the cause of childhood diabetes.

You don't seem to understand what "trolling" is. Look it up. Hell, your post is closer to trolling than mine. And yes, I agree we shouldn't frontpage "everything under the sun that's Transformers related" - that is an obviously true statement on par with "the sky is blue". Surely you didn't think I was suggesting that?

To follow your method of debate, let me just say that I think it's a *terrible* idea to maim puppies and I'm surprised you would suggest such a thing!

13. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    When I said "Trolling" I didn't mean it seriously, just messing with you, but I guess it's difficult to show that on the internet without smilies.

14. PeolesDru

News Credits:
    Roger that. I've been on the other side of that problem many a time. :) 

15. Optimus Prime Super Mode

Optimus Prime Super Mode Autobots

Damn that things cool

16. MC Rap Throne

MC Rap Throne unknown member

News Credits:
    And what about the Wonder Festival Dai Atlas action figure?

17. PeolesDru

News Credits:
    Missed it. Link?

Oh. The Gundam looking thing. I saw that. n/m.