Why is x your favourite character?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Ironhide1706, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

G'Day everyone, I thought this might be a fun topic. If there is already a recent thread like this, please merge or delete.

So, everyone has their favourite character. But why is he/she/it/Wheelie your favourite? Just give one thing for now, then add some more later if you want.

Before I start, NO FLAMING!

Well my favourite character is quite obviously Ironhide. Why do I like him?

- He is resilient and enduring. As I just posted in the "Strongest Autobots" thread, Ironhide is one tough guy. I am willing to say he could take on Megatron front on, and have a strong chance of winning.

2. Shockwave9227

Shockwave9227 I'm actually 16.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Perceptor. He's nerdy and intelligent and can contribute to the war without fighting, as well as provide important information. And he transforms into a microscope of science! My username contradicts what I just typed however...

3. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    My favorite character is Bumblebee, especially his G1 incarnation. I like him because he's brave, loyal, caring, and has youthful exuberance, someone like a friend you would have wanted as a kid. I also find his G1 altmode the most appealing of all, the Classic Camaro and new Camaro are cool, but for me, nothing beats the Beetle, hehe. :) 

4. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime. All incarnations, The big powerful wise intelligent caring leader who willing to defend all life from evil no matter the cost.

5. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    *ahem*

Throughout the years, there have been geniuses whose plans never quite pan out. Such putzes are quite often the most interesting characters in their respective series.

Transformers has a unique variation on a man who karma just can't stop shaking down for lunch money, and that's Prime Starscream. He never tries to be funny, but when you die five times in the space of ten minutes, one can't help but laugh. Such comic failure is the reason Starscream is so enduring, and the reason he can effectively portray both a domineering overlord, and a sniveling weasel dependent on others for assistance.

His plans determine his personality. With them, whether behind layers of scheming or armor, he is smug, convinced of his superiority. Once they begin to fail, though, Starscream becomes a desparate man, clamoring for any advantage.

He never "regresses" as some claim he does. He simply undergoes a shift in his well-established character, from one side to the other. The face of fear, and the face of smug. This unpredictable depth is what makes Prime Starscream the best character I've encountered.

6. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Wheeljack. G1 Wheeljack, specifically. He's a self destructive robotic inventor with a Boston accent, what's not to love?

7. soundwave142

soundwave142 Decepticon over-seer

News Credits:
    agreed 100% :3 although soundwave is just a lil close to god tier of awsomeness level....

8. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    Here's a couple.

BW Rhinox: There's a lot to like about him. He's a strong huge guy but has a sort of spiritual and intelligent side as well mixed together into a grand personatly. :)  I wish there were more character like him.

Prime Arcee: To put it simply she's one of the best versions of the character to date as well as the first one to have a more larger and meaningful role. :)  She's strong,yet caring,has a deep side to her and is such a kick at overall! Certainly one of the best fembots to come out of the franchise. :) 

Bulkhead (Both Animated and Prime.) In both versions he's a big lovable lug you can hang out with. :)  Not to mention has such good taste in art and rock!

Optimus Primal: They say he's the best Prime related character and for good reason. In my opinon some of the future Primes should be more like him. He's stern yet fair and has a good sense of humor.

DOTM Que: Simply because he's one of the few movie Autobots that isn't a tough fighter or comic relief. He seems to be a friendly person to hang out with. :)  I was pretty saddned at his death. :( 

BW Dinobot: He shows a lot of depth in his character throughout the show and has one of the most epic deaths in TF history.

DOTM Laserbeak: At first before seeing the film I expected him to be just like Ravage in ROTF. To my shock however he's far from it. A cruel,sadistic con who had a major role to play in the events of the films. Certainly a suprise favourite.

Prime Soundwave: At first I wasn't into him but later on I grew to like his role and look. :)  That and he gave some major smack downs to Aurachnid and Wheeljack. :thumb 

Prime Dreadwing: He's like BW Dinobot but has yet to fill up his poteintal. However he's no slouch!

BW Megatron: The first and best Megatron I grew up with. He's shown to be cunning,dangerous and a very stylish character to boot! Animated And Prime Megatron are good too but for now BW Megatron takes the cake in my opinion.

Animated Shockwave: I like how resourceful and cleaver he is as a double spy and perhaps is the only con on the show to offline two characters and made anther insane. Talk about hardcore!

Animated Jazz: I just love his cool and layed backed character as well as him showing some cool skills.

9. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    I've got two.

G1 Jazz: He was just the cool, smooth guy of the group, and Optimus' main man. I always loved the guy, and I think G1 is best for him.

Animated Prowl: His entire character was badass. He was a damn ninja! I thought the story-arcs with the character were strong, and his voice was just so perfect.

10. twiztidRodimus

twiztidRodimus Shattered Glass Autobot

News Credits:
    My favorite character is Hot Rod/Rodimus:

I'm 29, and my first movie that I ever saw in a theater, was 1986 Transformers The Movie. I witnessed the hero of my favorite cartoon, killed within the first twenty minutes of the movie...but I witnessed the heroism and the vain attempt to save said leader,by a young upstart, Hot Rod.

Watching his very brash and quick to react attitude, made me find him to be so appealing. The color choices, the make of Lamborghini, (which to this day is my favorite car) and when he ascended into Rodimus, and I hear his words ''Autobots, Transform and roll out'', the line made famous by the leader he tried to protect, he cemented himself as my favorite character, and that will not change.

11. Firestorm777

Firestorm777 Banned

12. foxfan352

foxfan352 Well-Known Member

Optimus Prime- no explanation needed

Nemesis Prime(Scourge)-who doesn't like evil clones

Soundwave- soundwave superior

13. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

Bumblebee always has been, and always will be, my favorite Transformer of all time by far.

Kind of a long story on how I got involved with Transformers in the first place, but Bumblebee was one of the only two characters I knew about before I started to research the fandom. And it wasn't because of his popularity recently exposed courtesy of the films, it was because I recalled Buddy Velastro doing a cake replica of him in one episode of Cake Boss, as silly as that initially sounds. After I had been reintroduced to the fandom via a Nostalgia Critic review of the cartoon, I had seen a screenshot of Bumblebee for a second and kind of gushed at out tiny he was. While I never thought that, in a million years, I would ever like Transformers, I progressively fell more and more in love with Bumblebee after I had started to Google and research him out of raw curiosity.

At first it was iffy because I never, ever liked the "little brother" or "sidekick" characters. They've had a long history of being purely annoying to me. But after learning more and more about Bumblebee and watching clips of him on YouTube, it got to the point where I started to appreciate pretty much everything about him, in all the incarnations he had been in, despite how non-sensible others may make that out to be.

I loved his smart-aleckery in Animated. I adored his confident young-warrior demeanor in G1, despite having his damsal-in-distress tendencies. I couldn't get enough of his Herbie-esque goofiness in the movies, and I simply adored him in Prime in all his glorious cuteness and B.A. moments. The whole time, I marveled at his itty bitty size.

You know, in the end, I really don't give an ucking-fay it-shay about what the cranky, unreasonably pedantic fandom says. I always loved how much I can look up to Bumblebee as a cartoon hero and how much I love conceiving the idea that he would be the ideal friend/guardian if I knew him in real life. His friendliness, loyalty, determination, youth, cuteness, and all-around greatness is something I will always appreciate in my history of loved cartoons.

I assume I'll be automatically judged unintelligent, or below the age of ten for my bias for the character, but it's simply the way I feel, and I'm darn proud of it.

On my list of favorite cartoon characters of all time, he's definitely somewhere very close to the top.

14. jinx23

jinx23 Wrecker

Ebay:
    G1 jazz especially in comics as he is just a badass

G1 sideswipe just because he is the coolest looking transformer

15. Ironhide1706

Contribute or leave. It. Is. Plausible.

16. LCDR Blindside

LCDR Blindside Banned

News Credits:
    Ironhide1706, I think it's worth mentioning that every figure in the Cyberverse line Ironhide has is totally awesome. I'm counting Legends, DOTM Commander, and Prime Commander.

17. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I have a particular taste for ROTF-Jetfire.

To start off, unlike most people, I enjoy characters with experience, I always prefer the battle-hardened war veteran instead of the young progidy [see why I don't like Luke Skywalker], so his old age was already a great start.

And then there's his extremely over-the-top way of speaking, I found that to be hilarious and so utterly unique of him, because he was extremely over-the-top and insane while retaining noble features [not many characters can talk honorably about the Primes in one moment and in the other rant about rust without missing a beat], being both an excellent comic relief and an excellent serious character.

18. Ironhide1706

Too true. :D 

19. bny888

bny888 バグバイト

News Credits:
    Glad to know there's another Bumblebee fan here. :) 

20. nobleboivin

nobleboivin Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    T2 Cheetor because Cheetor is the coolest maximal

Any Starscream because he's the underdog

Soundwave because he's superior