why is this 3rd party piece so special? 349.00

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mac&cheese, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    I know. :D 

Like I'd said:

Its a cheaper alternative if the dude really wants one of these badly.

As what the common saying suggest: Beggars can't be choosers. :p 

You know that's a :crazy:  thought, even for a second! :lol 

2. Venksta

Venksta Render Project Creations TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I wouldn't even call it an alternative! :lol 

3. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    It's a shame that a more talanted an reliable reproer couldn't remake the kit with permission. with a better eye to quality.

It's not like I use Cliffjumper much anyway - but the weapons and the head and tail spoiler would be nice to have.

4. Shelfwarmercon

Shelfwarmercon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's not like FansProject have exclusive rights on a Cliffjumper kit. Anyone with the skill, resources and desire can make it. They'll just need to make their version different from FansProject's.

But, even if someone did copy the FansProject kit...well, it's not like FP can sue them, can they?

5. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    That's why I'd buy a KO CJ kit. I'd only want the head, the BFG, and maybe the spoiler. I think the body kit makes him look ridiculous.

6. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for clearing up some of the information. I think it may have gotten scattered with all the multiple posts though. Since you seem to have a better grasp of the situation then me would you mind a summary post without all the quotes/respones-to-quotes? Less confusion then.

7. DrillBIT

DrillBIT Silver Wolf

News Credits:
    It will probably be TF-Club going after the guys for coping the material.
    Sue them? Don't think that will be the case. If the other group is also in China then I think it will be something more exciting then suing the guys "legally". :D 

8. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

Hey guys, if you're looking to upgrade your Classics RED Bumblebee, I still offer my custom CJ head and it's only $14 shipped within the continental US. I recast using red resin and the quality of my work is good. The head is a two part unit so you'll need to use the screw and clear eye piece from the original head.

The red colored resin varies so you could paint the helmet if you'd like but you only NEED to paint the face silver. I don't paint them for additional $ nor do I have time to paint them but it is a MUCH less expensive alternative and nowhere near being overpriced for the quality.

The first picture is when I originally offered them a couple of years ago uncolored. The second and third picture are of the heads I currently offer as you will receive them. The last two pictures are of my own personal Cliffjumper and as you can see, I have painted the helmet and face. This head is not as detailed as my custom Alternator heads but I felt it was appropriate because of the much simpler look of the Classics toys.

Attached Files:

9. RedAlert Rescue

RedAlert Rescue Banned

News Credits:
    No but it's polite to ask- and if one of the ones who actually mass produced stuff did it the quality might be good too.

Perhaps it is to niche - but maybe it could make a good center piece of a broaded expanded kit that included a variety of weapons and accessories across all of the Classics/Universe II brand.

For Example : These are the sort of things That might be worth considering:

a New Head for Voyager Blaster

a TV show style gun for Universe Dinobot

Perhaps an accessory for Hotshot -something different to the Japanese guns- maybe shorter guns that combine into a semblance of his ol' bazooka.
    Or maybe just a pistol that can store underneath but that also has a minicon post on it that allows for a better positioning of Jolt.

Universe Hound in keeping to the style with a black Gun (rather than Henkei Hound chrome gun). perhaps a design that can be hand held in robot mode and also clip onto the vehicle.

Grimlock twin blaster.

Hotrod Targetmaster or twin cannons.

Jetfire clip on leg fastpacks

Bumblebee Helicopter backpack (crazy idea based on his AM design accessory) can turn into a rocket launcher similar to the one used in the comics. - might also include a clip on face shield piece.

Shoulder mortars for Sunstreaker,

a Pistol & shoulder accesories for Inferno.

A pistol for Sideswipe (and or Red Alert).

A couple of (small) pistols for Universe Cheetor loosely based on the original cheetors guts-guns but designed to fold up and fit into the large holes in his body or back for storage.

a semblance of Tankor/Octane's original gun (only smaller)

So I think the Cliffjumper bits would then sit nice if included as part of a wider selection of parts.

I've just suggested Classics/Universe items - but you can just as easily find suggestions for Movie toys like Stratosphere's missing gun too.

10. Rodr-Evil

Rodr-Evil Anubicron TFW2005 Supporter

Overpriced as hell, simply ridiculous.

11. Venksta

News Credits:
    ;) 

Alright. So, a couple of talented fans decided to make a cliffjumper upgrade kit. They decided to make it for the fans of the local asian TF fanclubs, as they did not know if it would sell well. So with the intention of them being for local fans, they made a limited run, and worked with the local clubs to help them sell it to fans.

Word got around about the kit, on this side of the Pacific, and NA fans went crazy, wanting one. So some people who got access to some of the kits, helped fans out, outside of asia. Seeing the demand, some others got the kits, and started to scalp them, for over $30. Who these scalpers, are, I have no idea. But they were not the creators. As the creators handed the kits over to the clubs, once they made them.

The CJ kit is a true garage kit item. It was made with molds that only had a limited production run. Its one of the main reasons FansProject can not make anymore kits. As everyone is aware, FP's new products are made in factories. So they most likely use steel mold. And since steel molds cost a lot, the amount of CJ kits that are in demand, would not make it worth it for FP to remake the set in steel molds. They probably would only be able to do another 300 run. I assume, for a steel mold, they would need at least 1000 pieces to make it worth it or get the cost back.

Anyways, each kit is numbered out of 300. Some FansProject haters have made up a rumor saying FP made more than 300 kits. Since each kit is numbered out of 300, that rumor can easily be crushed, by finding kits with the same numbers, which has not happened.

Fans that are hoping for FansProject to reissue the kit, should just give up, as they have said time after time, they will never reissue the kit. There are alternatives to the kit, like the CJ head posted in this thread.

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for the summmary. The only thing to point out is that there were knock-offs of the kit made that are of inferior quality. Does anyone know if the KO's had any numbering?

13. Venksta

News Credits:
    The KO doesn't come with the comic/card which the original kit had. The card is what had the numbering out of 300. I actually contacted the seller on ebay about the KO, when they first started selling it. They told me it was a reissue! :lol 

Whats sad is, the seller/KO maker of the CJ kits, has ties to another 3rd party/group. Master Collectors. They are the guys who made the Wheeljack kit and the upcoming Nova Commander.

14. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    Q: Can you please send me more pictures of it? Thanks, Peter
    A: HI sorry i do not have anymore pixs of it. please check feedback. All happy customers cheers

:sly: 

15. Rod

Rod No Silly Robot User Name

I can personally vouch for these. I bought some a few years ago and they are AMAZING. Anything new on the horizon valk?

16. valkfan

valkfan Nova Storm Lives!

No, unfortunately not at this time. I might be making a replacement face for Walmart Skywarp so that he doesn't have the same Starscream smirk or look like he's brushing his teeth like the Takara version.

17. iron maniac

iron maniac Help Uncle Sixshot, Help!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Its been a while now but when I bought my CJ kit from FansProject I paid around $60 shipped if memory serves. Me and a few other people from the boards bought a set.
    I couldn't read the FansProject website(it was in Chinese) but I saw an email address, I emailed them. A few hours later I got a very polite email telling me to send $60 to their Paypal account for every set I wanted to buy. I told everyone I knew on the boards about it and they got one too. About a week later I got it in the mail.
    After that the price got progressively higher.

Anyway here's mine, #55 of 300:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I like mine but I don't think I would pay $349 for it either. :D 

18. tenkaros

tenkaros Well-Known Member

Maybe someone with upgrade kit would like to sell old spoiler for Cliff? I've lost mine :/ If so - pls PM me.