Why is their a high Demand of Alternartors Swerve

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Okay This is ticking me off why Does everyone want Swerve can't you see that you can't get them all and their are bigger fish to fry (Like The End of The classics,Alternators,The movie,Heroes and Tiatnium) and Besides even if it's sold out at Bigbadtoystore $135 are you kidding me Why isn't up so freaking high

2. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Low supply + semi-high demand = rarity = increase in price.

Just simple economics... and human greed.

3. Phorpus

Phorpus RHco.

Why pay $200 for a toy from the 80's that was only $30?

If there wasn't a fanbase Transformers would only be sold at garage sales and flea markets for cents.

It isn't the toy itself but what it's worth to the people who'll buy it.

4. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I'm lucky that I got all the "rare" Alternators at a decent price. Got Nemesis Prime from HTS for retail (or whatever you call it), got Camshaft at cost from a board member, and snagged Swerve and Decepticharge from board members' sale threads at very decent prices. I decided very recently that I wanted a complete collection of Alts, so I had to go back and get most all of them after they were no longer in stores. If you are patient enough, you will find really good deals.

5. Paradigm-Shift Prime

Paradigm-Shift Prime Unit Warrior TFW2005 Supporter

any demand for side swipe? I'm selling him misb on ebay right now (see ebay threads)

6. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

yea no kidding, but we still have too :cry 

7. Dolza_Khyron

nah i see him for $15 dollars misb all the time...

8. Golobulus

Golobulus heh heh heh

Why is there a high demand for Classics Devastator? He's a repaint of an energon mold, and he's not even OUT yet.

9. cobra zartan

cobra zartan Think's He's a Detective.

News Credits:
    Wish I didnt sell mine for $20...I paid under reatil for two of em way back when

10. Dolza_Khyron

because he's actually a better repaint then the energon verison, and like you said, it's not out yet. plus it's only like $25 bucks at walmart. any one who did not pick up the first set, or wants another set, will be trying to pick it up. i am actually surprised they are not going to walmart pack the other 2 combiners too. and i would not be surprised if they didn't stopped there.

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    It really kills me when rare toys get snapped up only to be sold back for huge amounts. This one, Energon Ultra Magnus, RiD Storm Jet, Armada Nemesis Prime are just a few current examples where there weren't enough on the shelves, leaving people that want the things for their collections rather than profit in a real pinch, having to pay insane amounts or don't get them you know? I remember last year in one comic store I saw multiples of the entire Wal-Mart exclusive Marvel Legends wave, most of them in the 45 dollar range. Obvious that they went to the stores and bought up all the ones they could, making it hard as hell to find them anywhere else but in their shop. I just can't stand it when I see that sort of thing. It's nothing new, nothing none of us haven't had to deal with as collectors, but even so, it still gets me frustrated, despite being so used to it.

12. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I could care less about Swerve, I don't collect items because of their rarity or expected price margin. I'm more interested in the last two alternators and classics Devastator because of the character choices.

13. Kristof

Kristof Well-Known Member

I hate playidia.

14. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

He was the last of the good repaints where he actually got a new head! He also looks good. I like him better then battle ravage and tracks. The red vette is nice!

15. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Are you kidding Me I got my RID Storm Jet late last year one the Shelves seemed no one wants him at my local Hobby Shop

Infact while I'm Toys on Fire this week i want to get an Alternators Tracks and Whatever else I can Find

16. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Energon Magnus was at my local department store for almost a year before someone bought him.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

i saw energon magnus once. never again in stores. Passes because it was just a crummy repiant, however I wish I would have got him.

18. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I remember I walked into my TRU one day and saw a ton of Alt Swerves sitting on the shelf. I didn't like it or have money to pick one up so I left. The next day I went back not a single one was there :banghead: 

19. Thundercracker

Thundercracker Contemptuous

I sold mine a few months back and don't miss it at all. Overrated figure that sells for stupid amounts. Having just Alt Tracks for that mold works fine for me.

20. Autovolt 127

News Credits:
    Finally someone who better acknowledges Tracks is Great but soon Damnit Soon you will be mine TRACKS!!