Why is the Reissue Twincast a destron ???

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by bumblerodimus, Feb 28, 2007.

1. bumblerodimus

bumblerodimus Well-Known Member

Got mine the other day and Twincast has an autobot rubsign but comes in a destron box and flipsides has a decepticon rubsign and damage stickers for scorponok and fort max??? anyone know the back story to this or why he is a destron and not an autobot

2. maximus prime3

maximus prime3 Banned

that has always confused me even though i don't own him

3. pscoop

pscoop Dead inside

News Credits:
    I was under the impression that Flipside is a traitor so maybe that is why. Also my e-hobby blitzwing/overcharge came with faction stickers for both. I guess to give you the option of picking what side.

4. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Basically, Ehobby got really cheap and just threw Twincast in Decepticon boxes they already had on hand, rather than do a new box for him. And I think Flipsides is a 'Con spy or vice versa, or maybe a double agent. Not really sure.

5. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

More specifically, the Magnificus/black Perceptor box. The e-hobby boxes are generic apart from size and color. Presumably they had more of that size box on hand although that explanation always struck me as weird...that they'd just have another 2,000 or whatever laying around, of a new-size box that had to be created to fit Magnificus in the first place. Seems more likely that they just pressed a button and cranked out another batch rather than go through whatever it would have taken to print the same size box up in red.

6. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

there was never an official explanation, however the bio card for him is cybertron. It was said that flipsides is a con spy lying wait so they gave the set a decepticon spy.

7. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They used the same box for the Robot Masters Skywarp and Thundercracker two-pack, as well, with a simple "Robot Masters" sticker slapped on the top corner to differentiate it.

8. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Megatron? Is that you!?!?

they sure did, maybe they did it because it was going to be the last G1 related thing they issued for a while and it was correct? twincast that is?

9. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    The toy isn't a Destron, only the box. Lazy packaging but great toy.

10. Sidecutter

Sidecutter Evil Dealer Scum TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There IS an official explanation.

Flipsides is a sleeper agent. She has no idea she IS a Decepticon "currently", however, she will turn to her true allegiance when she is activated.

The damage stickers for both Scorponok and Fort Max reflect this dual nature, you get a different allegiance on each side.

This loosely explaisn the box too, but only barely.