Why is Season 2 lacking? Can it still turn itself around?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Autovolt 127, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Why do you think this season has been deemed "bad"? When do you think they screwed up, what was the biggest miss direction? Are the writers really incompetant?

and lastly can the show still turn itself around and start getting great?

I personally think so since Shockwave and the Dinobots make for some interesting stories and Shockwave was what helped kick TFA's ongoing plot from just Optimus and his team to the Autobots shades of gray involving Omega Supreme?

2. UltraAlanMagnus

UltraAlanMagnus Page D'Ecriture Spy Cousin Jeice

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    We only have 19 days left the reveal the status of Prime.

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Season 2's been deemed as bad?

I don't see how the last few episodes were bad at all except for that Airachnid Insecticon episode.

4. Arashistorm

Arashistorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't think this season has been BAD per se, just people complaining about getting waht they want. First Season had a lot of stand alone episodes and people hated that apparently, but now that we get a lot of arc themes, they hate it more? silly fandom.

I personally think that season 2 isn't as watchable as season 1 though and that's mostly do to how fast they resovled a lot of the plot points. Orion Pax was thrown away in 3 episodes, Nemesis Prime was done the instant Scream's T-Cog was acquired, Airachnid took only 2 episodes to come back with a fleet of insecticons...etc etc, as well as Breakdown dying without any filling in of his and Bulkhead's past. A lot of people will say that it didnt matter, but it did--even in the FIRST line of Breakdown being introduced in 'Deus Ex Machina', Bulkhead explains Breakdown as someone that he has history with...

anyways, yeah, my 2 cents.

5. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    Ending to Orion Pax part 3

Airachnid's story with the Insecticons being used and resolved too early

Some rather meh - bad episodes (Operation Bumblebee, Armada, Tunnel Vision, etc.)

Project Chimera feeling used up too quickly

Overall plot is hard to see

Optimus still being dull, Bumblebee still existing

Are the writers incompetent? No, but they seem far too attached to the idea of keeping the status quo.

Can it turn itself around? Possibly.

I'm not interested in seeing Shockwave, and the Dinobots showing up is a terrible thing in my opinion

6. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I think that after 'Hurt' is done, we'll see such wanted things as new Autobots (which were promised), new Decepticons, the unstated but confirmed Gestalt, and possibly the Star Seekers; le grand break could be so they could crank out many character models, put them up to speed, and have the new environments that are made looks good.

Hoping that we get Sierra knowing the Autobots somehow, so they could have a four temperament ensemble with the kids, while having her be a sort of human sixth ranger who knows the Jasper underworld a bit.

For new characters, Magnus, Star Seekers, and possibly a blindside or two.

7. Leonis Prime

Leonis Prime Ai-Megumi's Man

I think the show has been great in the past and still is. Dont see where this whole "show is losing it" has come from.

Dont want to see Sierra find out about the bots since she is jsut the high school IT girl who has only shown interest in Jack since he has a new motorcycle.

8. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    Gotta agree with most of this, save for Operation Bumblebee. The episodes might have been meh, but they did provide with 'plot' and something we didn't have at all in season 1, Bumblebee elaboration (the best he got in season 1 was Masters and Students when Raf was asking him about 'Warrior' and 'Scout' class.

Also must agree that Dinobots ever showing up is terrible. The comic 'leading into season 3' will be nice, but I don't ever want to see them in the show, but if the comic implies that they exist in the Prime world currently, that will be saddening.

New autobot characters would be more...fun (refrencing shockwave), I'd like it if the show made up a completely new character ftw, kinda like Airachnid.

9. Leonis Prime

Arachnid is just the prime version of BlackArachnia (except stays evil)

10. Arashistorm

News Credits:
    People keep saying that, but other than being a 'villian' and spider themed, what else is there. I'm aware that the creators say she's an homage, but other than the 2 things I mentioned, they're really nothing alike. And my point was like, how the name is new and its used to a character for this new show (unless Airachnid has ben a name in TF history for a while and I'm unaware).

Anyways, rushed plot points and constant relic hunting makes season 2<season 1

11. Leonis Prime

I think the relic hunting will come to a head when the Decepticons find the Requiem Blaster or object of equal power. It is obvious that the relic hunting will lead to something cool.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I don't really get why she's only interested in Arcee? I mean why does she care a lot about Jack having Arcee.....It's not like a car where she can easily dope Jack into giving her a lift everywhere besides Jasper is not a town that has a lot to go.

Personally i'd bother to develop her past being shallow.

13. Leonis Prime

Well she didnt give him a second look before Arcee turned up. And motorbikes do add a coolness factor when you were in high school (if you had one).

14. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I barely remember what was happening in season 1 and 2, but I have the feeling that season 2 was actually better than season 1?

15. Sideways77

Sideways77 oh shoogah

News Credits:
    Kill off Airachnid and Bulkhead.

That'd turn it around for me.

16. Shatterpoint

Shatterpoint Neato

News Credits:
    Agreed, Sockwave got shit done in Animated and hopefully he'll do so in Prime.

17. Karhukjnsi

Karhukjnsi Universal Wrestler

News Credits:
    This.

Not so much this. I liked those two.

The only one that left me a little...odd, was "Tunnel Vision". I feel like there was something missing. I've had no problems with the rest.

I also don't understand why "Armada" seems to be getting some flak from some people.

18. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    I don't think it's all that bad though there are things that I do agree with some of the complaints. Like the Orion Pax arc,Breakdown's untimeliy death and how Arcee's development got a little messed up in Crossfire though I'm hoping that Armada fixed that and if there's a good explanation for that.

Other then those however nothing really major. I mean despite how the relics are getting to be a little repetive it's going to lead into something big at the end of the season. Espically about Project Iacon. As for Mech well I can't say it's a wasted story poteintal when the ending of Nemesis proved this wasn't the case at all meaning this isn't the last we'll hear of them by a long shot.

And I agree with those who say Shockwave and the Dinobots will help make the show even better. I mean Shockwave did so in Animated so what's to say he won't do so again here? He's a major player in the countinuity.

19. Stardust262

Stardust262 Moe is the Only Way

News Credits:
    In Exiles, the Requiem Blaster was within Junkion, and its gravity is what held Junkion together. Thus, it wouldn't be on Earth

The Star Saber or the Skyboom Shield though, those would be awesome

20. Jamocha101

Jamocha101 Well-Known Member

This fanbase is absolutely unsatisfiable and constantly, without failure, will find something to whine about. Which is why, I assume, so many have reached the conclusion that Prime is "bad." I have to say, though, I disagree; I think Transformers has come a long way from Generation One, and Prime has to bee one of the greatest incarnations out of the past ones that I've seen. Granted, there are some things that could certainly make it better, but if it's not great, it's at least good, and I refuse to base it all off of plot and character dynamics until the show actually ends.

My two cents on the whole issue? Season two plot needs to pick up a little bit (which I think it will, with this new "character death" momentum), and more focus on the characters. But if it continued at this rate until the very end, I still won't be unsatisfied.