Why is Michael Bay taking so much heat over a great Movie?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Godzilla2, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Godzilla2

Godzilla2 Well-Known Member

Look, I know he could gave more screentime to the TFs and could have had more action, but when wass the last time a perfect movie was ever made? I like the movie for what it is and was! Its enough to satisfy me!

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Because some people prefer to blame everything they don't like about the movie on the director. It doesn't matter to them that a lot of other people did like it; they'd rather not see a live action TF movie at all than not see exactly what they wanted.
    With some other people I'm convinced it's because they made such a loud fuss before they saw the movie, and before it did so well at the box office, that they can't be seen to climb down on what they said now.

3. Snarl2289

Snarl2289 Well-Known Member

The majority of the fans didn't like the designs in the early stages when the movie was made but after they've seen the movie they all came around.

I really really liked it !!!!

4. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

Movie sucked. A simplistic plot that did not have any progression, there was no middle part of the story. No point where the Decepticons gained the momentum...just one big final end with all the stuff before being utter garbage comedy.

Megan Fox sucks.

5. Scooby.Smokescreen

Scooby.Smokescreen Well-Known Member

I liked the film alot. However I felt the camera moved too fast during fight scenes. When TFs started fighting the camera seemed to automatically switch to scared looking humans.

These points I believe are down to MB. I didn't even know who he was till this movie but I can see his style in the other films he's made. Some I like, some are a bit rubbish but they all seem watchable.

Things like script issues, design issues etc I don't think can be pointed soley at MB.

I take it MB is doing 2 and 3 also?

6. Conceptron

Conceptron Banned

Yep, unfortunately.

Bay does have a say in the script and in interviews he has said that he puts in his own jokes on the spot when filming scenes. So a lot of dumb scenes could be a direct result of Bay.

The only other director that could possibly make this good is Spielberg. Spielberg.

7. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was great. If Bay is doing the sequels I'm fine about it.

8. REMINATOR

REMINATOR Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    :)  :)  The only thing I like about the movie is the CGI. In term of TF designs, in an exception to Prime/Bumblebee/Jazz all of them look like crap! The faces are aweful, these guys barely have real hand, and the robot body design barely resemble anything in their alt.mode.

My only reason for going to see the movie and will purchase the DVD once is out is to show my support for the TF franchise. Hopefully TF2 is better. And more hopefully, please more TF interaction and less "close up shot fighting scene".

9. shockwave2005

shockwave2005 Well-Known Member

He's really not taking that much heat - it just seems like it because of certain people on teh INTEWEBZ.

I mean yeah, we all have our little gripes about the movie, but there are some people out there that really just can't seem let them go and decide to beat them like a dead horse and clog up our boards with them.

I actually feel bad for them, as it seems like these people are unable to enjoy anything. It's sad really.

10. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe some people actually don't like his directing style...

I enjoyed the movie but it had some pretty obvious flaws to me. I don't really care for Michael bay anything. but i like how when people make legitimate complaints about the film, everyone is like, "oh noes, enjoy it for what it was its a transformer movie lolz why do you hate everything?!!?"

people are allowed to not like things, especially Micheal bay. get that guy a steady cam and limit his cuts. seriously, i don't need to see Sam enter the junkyard from 5 different angles.

11. RandomFerret

RandomFerret Fuzzy Forever

News Credits:
    Micheal Bay is 'taking heat' from three obnoxiously loud board members here, one of whom has now been banned.

Anything else is reasoned, politely expressed criticism.

12. shockwave2005

I get that and I understand it, but really - do people need to make a billion threads about ZOMG I HATE U MIKEAL BAY U RAPEZORRZD MAH CHYLDHOOD?

I think not. One should be enough.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion - my whole thing is when people try to beat you over the head with it.

13. T16skyhopp

T16skyhopp Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    agreed, the should be 3 official threads. 1 for people who friggan loved every second of the movie and want to hear about other people that agree. 1 for the HaTERZZEZ who can bitch with othe likeminded individuals. and a 3rd thread where normal people can discuss pros and cons without being dipshits.

14. shockwave2005

I agree with this wholehartedly.

15. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Hating Micheal Bay is the cool thing that all the hip kids do.

16. bludgeon

bludgeon Well-Known Member

yup.

17. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Heat schmeat. $632M and counting = fucking cool.

18. HyperGeek_1984

HyperGeek_1984 Herr Doktor

Exactly.

I'd put good money down that if this movie was directed by someone else but was frame-for-frame, line-for-line the same movie, it wouldn't get the same level of flak that is has been getting.

Michael Bay is hated by indie-hipsters and self-made critics as the worst thing to ever happen anywhere and anytime to anything because he commits the moral sin of making movies for Middle America and 15-25 year old males.

19. edicius

edicius I need a drink.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    People just don't get how movies are made either. If Michael Bay's going to take heat, there are others who need to share in that: the DP, all the writers, the actors, the special effects coordinators, the editors, the producers, etc. I don't see anyone nailing Don Murphy or Spielberg to the wall. I don't see anyone crucifying Mitchell Amundsen (DP) or Tom Muldoon, Paul Rubell and Glen Scantlebury (editors). If the movie "sucks", it's not all on the director. Sure, the director does absorb more of the blame because he's the top gun on the set...but there's more than just the "evil" Michael Bay.

That said...I loved the movie and thought that everyone did a great job.

That's a big reason why I hate being a film student. I get bashed for loving action movies like Transformers or The Transporter. I get chastised for thinking that Wong Kar Wai's films are garbage masquerading as art; I couldn't help but keep nodding off during In The Mood For Love and 2046, but everyone else in my class hailed them as masterpieces. My professor was even more annoying, basically spewing nonsense like, "All the students at NYU know all of his films and enjoy them all, so if you want to be a good student and filmmaker, you should enjoy them too."

It's almost enough to make me want to change majors, despite being 16 credits shy of graduating.

Er...sorry, tangent rant. Carry on.

20. AutobotSDG

AutobotSDG Well-Known Member

I challenge you to write a better one. Be very descriptive since I doubt you have $150 million to make it into an actual movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.