Why is Menasor so popular?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Basketball Jones, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Basketball Jones

Basketball Jones Decepticon

I've noticed that he is one of the most popular combiners, selling on the forums here as soon as he is listed in buy/sell/trade threads.

In addition, Menasors command more than most combiners on Ebay.

What accounts for this popularity?

Incidentally, I'm looking for one myself, but that's a matter for another thread.

2. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

I believe the answer you seek lies within your own post, grasshopper.

3. ranoobu

ranoobu I like fried chicken

News Credits:
    :lol 

4. Seth Buzzard

Seth Buzzard R.I.P. Buzzbeak Content Contributor

News Credits:
    I like him so much because of Motormaster. Motormaster is in my 5 five favorite Cons.

5. gargunkle

gargunkle someone

Well, in my personal experience at least, I have seen fewer bootlegs of Menasor than most of the other combiners. Devastator, Bruticus, Superion, and Defensor are all way more common.

6. Nerdling

Nerdling Plastic Crack Addict

Ebay:
    My guess is the episode of TF G1 when Megatron has everyone steal cars and then programs them to be killing machines. My favorite scenes are that one where Megs is manipulating one car with a remote control, and the one where the black trailer is driving in the forest and knocking down trees :lol 

It might also be that unlike most generic combiners, the Stunticons hate their leader. They have a totally different personality as a group.

7. Reeds

Reeds Q-Wing Pilot TFW2005 Supporter

The most popular Menasor KO comes with technobots nosecone and afterburner for legs. so, even the KO isn't a complete menasor.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  8. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

There's something cool about Decepticon cars. The Stunticons rock in all forms

9. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

I found that Predaking was the most expensive combiner.

Menasor is the only one I don't have from the American series. I've been trying to land the Gestalts for good prices, so far thanks to a bunch of nice guys on the boards, I've been able to score some great deals. Just haven't had any luck with him yet.

~X

10. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    I've always loved cars and I was always into the bad guys more-so than the good guys. So when the Stunticons came about, it was pure awesomeness. I still remember getting all four cars for my Birthday one year back in the day (I had Motormaster from a shopping day a few months before)

11. Predakwon

Predakwon ...Green Lantern's light!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love Menasor, too. The only thing I hate is the way the arms connect. I wish the Stunticons had shorter necks.

12. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I remember as a kid I thought He was cool because of Motormaster. He was like Prime's evil twin because he was a black truck. That was back when the evil twin of the good guy was popular. You had K.A.R.R. for K.I.T.T. and Captain Polution for Captain Planet. Can't think of anymore off the top of my head, but I seem to remember it always being the best episodes of whatever show it was. The evil twins were cool.

13. Grimlocka go-go

Grimlocka go-go Back from the Dead TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I think another reason was the Masquerade episode. That was awsome. Plus the Cons didn't have very many car/truck tf's.

14. Golden Age

Golden Age BATTLE BEAST

its hard to say wich combiner is most popular. I actually thought the Stunticons were the least popular of the original G1 combiners, with the exception of the Seacons and the Terrorcons. Devestator is probably most popular, with Predaking a fan favorite.

15. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Decepticon cars are very appealing.

Stunticons have always been my favorite combiner group.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I guess I am only of the few who's not a fan of Menasor. I have every 1 of the Decepticon combiners except Monstuctor (yes even Liokaiser) but I just don't like Menasor enough to get it. At least my brother's got it.

17. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I think that's probably the main reason. Plus, as someone else alluded, they had a pretty good intro episode.

I just got a MIB/MOSC set earlier this year, and I love 'em. Objectively, the combined form is pretty dwarfish, and Motormaster has an odd transformation scheme and robot mode. Nonetheless, I dig. 'Tis the nostalgic mystique of G1.

18. WhiteMocha

WhiteMocha TFW2005 Supporter

I think he's popular because a) his characterization in the cartoon was fun, and b) the Stunticons are like little transforming Hot Wheels cars. :) 

And as Insane Galvatron mentioned, his central member owned the "evil Optimus Prime" look long before those Johnny-come-latelies Scourge and Nemesis Prime.

19. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    I like him because of the 4 Stunticons. They're my favorite Decepticon group. However, I hate Motormaster. Like seriously. He's up there with Wheelie for me on the Annoying F*cking Character scale. But I love the other four, so I put up with MM.

Menasor is the only G1 combiner I own. Heck, he's the only set of original G1 toys I own. All of my others are reissues.

20. revlimiter

revlimiter Bot Hacker

News Credits:
    AND there's the bit where Megatron actually created the group himself. I love that part. And a 6 wheel Tyrell in the group? Incredible.

And the huge cannons?!?!!? Pure love.

I love my Stunticons.