Why is it....??

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Wheeljack94, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    ...........................why do the wreckers and sentinal have traits that belong to wheeljack?? sentinal was called the einstien of they're time? i thought that was wheeljack and preceptors charater. and the wreckers as mechanics? ok thats not that bad but still that should have been how wheeljack was remembered. im not raging just wondering.

sentinal could have been smart enough to come up with the whole "pillers" idea without stealing the title of "autobots greatest inventor"

and wheeljack could have at least been working on the ship with the wreckers before dying. he only got average screentime anyway, might as well been doing what hes known for. lol

what do you guys think?? (again, im not raging. i love the movie verse. im just wondering)

2. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I don't remember seeing the Wreckers doing anything suggestive of being mechanics.

3. Rahal Stmin

Rahal Stmin Bounty Hunter

Ebay:
    Wasn't it implied that they built or at least maintained the Xantium?

4. Wheeljack94

News Credits:
    yes. and you saw topspin working on it with his maintanance clamps.

5. Surge

Surge Village Dolt

News Credits:
    Because this isn't G1?

6. Wheeljack94

News Credits:
    i dont want it to be?

7. Soulmaster

Soulmaster Well-Known Member

'cause this Wheeljack just construct battle gear? I dunno, there's not only one genius in the world man, it applies to cybertronians too :) 

8. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    Wheeljack built weapons. Wreckers built a ship. i know somewhere it was said that the Wreckers built mechtech, but im gonna give that credit to WJ in my personal Cannon.

And i also feel like Sentinel was before WJ's time, kinda. besides, einstein was a math-of-the-universe guy, Wheeljack is more of a Robin-Williams-in-Flubber kinda guy, know what i mean?

9. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I can sort of see where you're coming from (and I'm glad you're wondering and not raging ;)  ), but what these characters do and who they are are completely different from one another.

Sentinel Prime: Called many things, and many things are said regarding his space-bridge pillar technology. "(the Ark's) captain", "commander of the Autobots", "the technology's inventor", "the Einstein of his generation", "...form a spacebridge that I designed and I alone can control it". There it is. The inventor of a single, yet potentially history-altering device. They never said he was "the Autobot's greatest inventor". It'd be like if Obama invented something to cure diabetes. Would that make him the world's greatest doctor? No. But it wouldn't undersell the significance of what he did in that particular medical field. So he's basically just a Jack-of-all-trades, a really awesome dude who did a lot of things. Leader, captain, inventor, etc..

Meanwhile Que does and says many things that would imply that he is, well, the "Q" to the Autobots' James Bond. "This gun is my perfect invention, Ironhide!" and "Wait a minute! I'm not letting you go out there without my urban combat prototypes! They're great inventions for kicking @$$! Those are boomsticks, armed in 30 seconds. And grapple gloves, for climbing." So, he outright says he invents stuff. And then has a whole conversation dedicated to saying that he invents crazy gadgets. And of course, his crazy scientist design was to help evoke that scientist/inventor image.

And the Wreckers, well, they're more a pit crew. Dirty, grease-monkeys, on hand to repair stuff. As stated, they maintain the Xanthium. Good with their hands. Gettin' down and dirty. "The ship? We were never in the ship! We designed the d@mn thing, didn't we?" Engineers, more than out-and-out "inventors".

Could the Wreckers have invented a portable space-bridge pillar? Probably not. But could they take a damaged Decepticon figther and make it fly with a little bit of elbow grease? Heck yes. Would Sentinel Prime have built grapple gloves in his spare time? No. He couldn't care less. He'd rather invent a device that harnessed space-bridge-ium and try to save his planet. Could Que maintain spaceships? Who knows. Maybe he sucks with human technology? He's too busy building numerous gadgets! Slightly similar roles, yet very different.

Just my two cents. :) 

10. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

I don't think anyone stole WheeljaQ's thunder as great inventor, really, The Wreckers were ENGINEERS while WheeljaQ's an inventor, it's like comparing that guy that builds sleek cars with Isaac Newton: One builds vehicles, the other created awesome stuff.

Nothing seemed to suggest the Wreckers were that awesome on building things: Sure, from humanity's point of view, the ability to build a Space Shuttle requires the PHD of a God, but to the TFs, that might be just as easy as build a car is to mankind.

On Sentinel: Well, Sentinel is less "The Cybertronian Einstein" and more "The Cybertronian Oppenheimer" [creator of the Atomic Bomb]: he built a weapon that would turn the tide of every possible War, the final solution to warfare problem [even though Optimus claimed the Bridge tech was to help refugees, I doubt Sentinel had such noble intentions in mind when he built the damn thing].

Similar to Oppenheimer, Sentinel had only one achievement [one titanic, history-changing achievement, but just one]: The Space Bridge Technology, while WheeljaQ's invented a shitload of other things across his life-time.

I'd say that WheeljaQ is more of the "Cybertronian Nikola Tesla" or [less so] "Cybertronian Isaac Newton": A Scientist specialized on building weapons and tools, countless tools, while Sentinel was a scientist that happened to build a weapon [I.e Oppenheimmer].

Besides, WheeljaQ was never portrayed as the Cybertronian Einstein, in fact, his tend to fail miserably, he was a sporadic but crafty weapons maker at most and a miserable inventor at minimum.

11. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    Whoa, Balder, we like, posted almost the same thing, brah. ;)  But your Oppenheimer example trumps my Obama scenario. I just couldn't think of a good one.

You raise numerous well-stated points, my good chap.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Because it makes them more interesting and rounded than just red truck guy and asshole NASCARs?

Wheeljack and Perceptor don't own the mechanic/smart guy. Wheeljack has always been FAR from Einstein. At best he's Doc Brown.

13. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    And Perceptor is more like, the head of tech support or something. :lol 
    Man, I suck with examples!

14. Overlord Balder

Thank ya Tyler.

You know what's Funny? I started to make my post before you posted yours, when I posted..it was too late. That means we LITERALLY happened to follow the same line of thought at the exact same time.

Strange mind thinks alike, much?

15. TylerMirage

News Credits:
    You spent a substantial amount of time calculating each and every aspect of your response, Balder, hence the timing. I just typed mine in a flash of nerd fury. :lol 

Yeah, crazy. But still, awesome points. :thumbs2: 

Balder basically summed up the answers right there.

16. Overlord Balder

I am just a simple thinker, though some call me Mad. :cool: 

Thank you again.

Oh, and add to my previous comparision:

Sentinel Prime - Cybertronian Oppenheimer.
    WheeljaQ - Cybetronian Nikola Tesla/Isaac Newton.
    The Wreckers - Cybertronian Top Gear Hosts.

17. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

By that logic...

Optimus should have been orange.
    Bumblebee should have been purple.
    Ratchet should have been a spy.
    Starscream should have been a van.

I could go on and on here. What I'm trying to say is, there are some character traits you just can't abandon. Wheeljack's inventor...ness...is also one of them.

18. Dinodigger97

Dinodigger97 germinates within you.

News Credits:
    Like his on-screen name says....He's the Que of the Autobots....buliding and handing out new tools....not creating new robots or making Space shuttles and stuff...

19. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    Was Einstein an inventor?

20. AllSpark Shard

AllSpark Shard Squirrel-flattener

Movies arent directly inspired by G1 cartoon, but the comics.

Is there a character analogous to Que, in the G1 comics, besides Wheeljack?