Why is it so hard for some people to drive safely?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hand Of Omega, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Embryoyo

Embryoyo Destron

1. I'm from California... so I just keep the tradition going. They also call it a California Stop? Even though it's not really stopping...

3. If they're empty and I don't see anyone... fuck it, I do it too.

Anyways yesterday was FUN.... went to go to AT&T and almost crashed TWICE! I was driving down a street and there was this bitch in a car waiting to pull out of the drive way. I am driving along cause well.. the street is a straight away for awhile till I hit some lights and she decides to pull out right in front of me for some odd reason and I about hit her, then 10 min after that I am in the right lane, wanting to go in the left lane. There is this truck I am waiting for to fully move up cause there is no one behind him so I can go in the left lane. Once there was room I turned into the lane. RIGHT when I did that he hit's the break (not softly either, like he slammed on the breaks) and makes a left turn to turn down this street. No blinkers, no nothing... I was VERY VERY close of hitting this guy. I cannot stand when people dont use there blinkers or waits until there exactly 1 second away from turning then use it. It's like what the fuck?

2. wipeyourfeet

wipeyourfeet Winner of the Internet

News Credits:
    Was reading this topic today, before I went out driving. I'm a learner at the moment, so not as confident as experienced drivers, though I have confidence in my ability. But what really annoys me is when people ignore the fact I am a learner, and act like jack-asses on the road. It can really throw you.

Since i've started, I've had a bus and a few cars cut me off, and today I had pulled up at a junction turning left onto a main road, when a bike came from behind me, along the right hand side of my car and cut me off. Scared the shit out of me, as he came up so fast I didn't see him. Nearly hit the twat, would've been one less idiot in the world I spose. And then some yobs tried to fecking driving me off the road. I was going across a series of complex roundabouts, some of which lead of from motorways, so it was quite busy. They end up driving alongside me as I cross a roundabout, yelling and edging closer to my car. Again, idiots. This really pissed me off, because if there was a crash it wouldn't just be my car and his involved, it would be others. If i'd been flustered by this, it could have been alot worse than it was.

After reading this thread it really does show me that there are some real idiots out on the roads. To think that the responsibility of driving is given to people who have the mental capacity of apes really does cause concern. God knows most road accidents could be easily avoided if the people involved were driving like decent humans, paying attention to what they were doing.

3. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

Sad truth sometimes. I look at driving as a privelage. I love driving, love my wheels and wouldn't do anything to jeopardise it, never mind risk my life or anyone elses.