Why is it so hard for some people to drive safely?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Hand Of Omega, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Hand Of Omega

Hand Of Omega Well-Known Member

I get bad drivers and dangerous idiots everyday on the road and usually I dismiss it with a grunt. Today, well, lets just say it was more than just a grunt.
    I'm on a single lane road (left side in Australia), no islands, just a line seperating my lane from the oncoming one and a speed limit of 80km/h.
    There was an entrance to a mall up ahead and some woman flies out of a side street not even two car lengths ahead of me which makes me slam on the brakes, then she guns it and accelerated too, then with no indication and a sudden brake, she swings into the mall entrance.
    Well, I couldn't stop that quick, so I went around her, into the oncoming lane, a split second decision, but there was a blue semi coming the other way and I swear my side mirror clipped his cab, I pulled over, white as a sheet, into a side street and checked the car and there's even a blue mark on the outer most point of the mirror, so I actually did clip him.
    That moron gave me, the truck driver and countless people behind me the scare of our lives.
    I just wonder what the urgency was? A sale? A freebie? If I miss a turn, I just do a U turn when I can or something. For Pete's sake.
    As far as indicating and speeding goes, well, that requires simple hand/eye co-ordination that these people just don't possess.

2. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Because it's more fun to pretend you're Burt Reynolds and drive as if you're in the Cannonball Run. Vroom!

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe they have Aspberger's.

4. Hand Of Omega

I haven't seen that in years, I have to dig out the DVD tonight.
    But, yeh, I guess some people get complacent and may very well think they'll be fine cos 'its done in a movie and no-one died'. LOL! Thats what we call being immature and impressionable kids! :thumbs2: 

5. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Because they give licenses to narcissistic assholes too. Some people are just oblivious to other people around them. Kinda like people who talk in a movie theatre.

6. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

This is the Era of the "Me"
    People only care about themselves, not anyone else's welfare.
    You should have hit the SOB and got a new car from him/her,
    Otherwise, find the driver and punch em, then say "My car said KNOCK YOU OUT"

7. MetalRyde

MetalRyde is an a-hole with a heart.

this
    and this.

well, im done...

8. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Twitter:
    YouTube:
    People are idiots while driving.

Learn it, live it, hate it.

I have come VERY close to being in bad accidents from awful drivers on several occasions. I have also seen people do stupid things. In fact, I was once honked for stopping AT A STOP SIGN!

I HATE driving.

9. John_Force

John_Force 16xNHRA Funny Car Champ TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Join the club.
    It's exaclty like you described it in Canada.
    People will come roaring out of parking lot, gun it and then slow down for a red light.
    They will then proceed to:
    A) Make a completely random U-Turn in a major intersection.
    B) Turn in to the Walmart (Canadian version of Target) with no signal
    C) Crash

10. Beastbot X

Beastbot X The Toad Knows.

News Credits:
    It's not my fault, the road keeps friggin' moving. If it would just stay still, everything would be fine.

I thought Walmart was the Canadian version of Walmart.

11. newguy

newguy i

Damn bitches. When will they learn?

12. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I like to pretend I'm Michael Knight, my car can talk to me and it has a molecular bonded shell. That shell protects if from everything but large tractor trailers, acid pits, red Ford Thunderbirds, and vehicles that have a battering ram. Sometimes I just turbo boost over and through shit just for the hell of it.

But whatever works best for you.

13. Hand Of Omega

Rather than idiots on the road, idiots in the theatre or idiots in the shops, I have come to the conclusion that we are not dealing with specific idiots just a plague of idiots with varying skills. :sly2: 

Y'no. I have contemplated that before but I just love my little car too much!!! :rolleyes: 

I get honked at just for doing the speed limit, giving way or doing things they teach you as basic driving habits.

All too familiar. Same the world over I'd imagine.

14. Zeta Otaku

Zeta Otaku Who ya gonna call? TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    I don't come home until I've collected a cane, a stroller, and a bloody leash in the grill of my truck.

There's a mall by me that attracts idiots like a bug zapper. there's a 4 lane road that goes under an overpass. there's really no shoulder, but I've seen people merge into the non-existant shoulder and literally trash their car against the concrete wall to get around the traffic that accumulates there to get to the mall.

15. Seeker

Seeker Time Lord

Ebay:
    I think there are some very selfish drivers out there. They feel a need to speed everywhere they go even in small areas and they tend to think they are the only people on the road. I hate someone tailgaiting me while having their lights on bright.

16. OptimusSpanks

OptimusSpanks Well-Known Member

A little brake check tends to do some good on the tailgating. I don't understand why everyone is nervous going to the DMV to take his/her driving test. They might as well just set up some photo booths inside the building that take your picture then dispense a license. I've had so many near miss accidents since people think they have to talk on the phone or only use their mirrors to switch a lane. Also the big SUV's who think they can bully their way into the lane your in sitting right next to them and if you don't move your looked at and flipped off. It's just sad how many idiots are out there now.

17. joebot.

joebot. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Instagram:
    Tonight I passed an exit ramp that dumped into my lane with a yield sign and not only did a semi almost plow into me but the moron behind them also decided to fail to yield and risk my life too

FFFFFF
    UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

18. Hand Of Omega

Yeh. I had a guy in a big jacked up Nissan, definitely not stock, almost plough into me whilst changing lanes, without indicating. I could see in his side mirror that he didn't even check first, I honked and flashed my lights to no avail before I slammed on the brakes and held the horn down.
    He flicked back into his lane and stopped next to me at the next set of lights and yelled at me, "you young F... kids shouldn't lower your cars so much. Sh*thead!" - OK, I yelled back that my car isn't lowered at all. His is jacked up and he just threatened me, "I'll jack you up you prick!" - WTF?
    People know they have done something wrong and they go into this default tyrade out of surprise and embarassment. I just cracked up and shook my head at him.

...I'm not saying I don't make mistakes, certainly not like the ones we've had here, but some people are just downright careless, have no co-ordination, lack the ability to multi task and are dangerous to share the road with.

...Birds of a feather.

19. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Meema's law. Nuff said.

20. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Screw you idiots!

/aspergers