Why is it forbiden to go to organic planets?

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by RedWolf, Apr 11, 2008.

1. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think the reason why Autobots are forbiden to contact organic worlds is pretty much like in the comics.

An old isolationist law whose reasons were not specified.

Like those old laws Gigantion transformers follow but don't know why.

The law could be not for the welfare of Transformers but for the protection of those weaker than them.

But the Autobots are ignorant of this.

2. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it's because most Autobots are "racist" assholes, 'cept Jazz and the Autobots that actualy got to know the humans well.

Man it sure is weird to see Autobots being ass-es about stuff like that and the freaking DECEPTICONS not even caring about races.

3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I think it's for the lesser beings' protection. However I think Sentinel had something to do with them being so terrified of it. Remeber, because Optimus just the shit and stuck with the blame all Ultra Magnus has is Sentinel's testimony, and we know just what a xenophobic asshole he is.

Jazz is naive, and so is Magnus somewhat. Sentinel is a dick-faced smug douche-a-tron.

4. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    Because they're icky.

6. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

I'd think the fact that there are some organic beings out there that can cause a Transformer to turn into some bizarre half-beast creature and infect others might have to be involved too.

They were banned from going to Organic planets LONG before the Autobots hit earth and LONG before Sentinal, Elita and Prime explored that spider planet.

In other words, there are some real dangerous organics out in space.

7. jazz4ever

jazz4ever I'm turned on by numbers

well the last time they did.... well we saw what happend to elita-one

8. MaikeruSan

MaikeruSan KnightStalker

News Credits:
    Wtf? Trans Fans generally hate humans in the serries? Why do you guy care? I like it, hopfully it will keep the stupid humans out of the episodes. I like Sentinel Prime, and Ultramagnus. So W/E mate.

9. swarlock

swarlock Autobot Supporter

Speak for yourself.

10. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'Cause fleshbags are gross.

11. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    prolly same reason they don't like space barnacles.

12. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Like...perhaps...the Quints...

13. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    i think they dont like organics because there are probably some organics that are truly dangerous to Cybertronians, like the giant SpaceSpiders and probably some other dangerous beings. plus, organics can be icky and messy-the Elite Guard wants to stay clean and prestige.

14. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm voting for "old rule/law that's not fully understood", but there's a lot of possibilities as to the 'why'.

- To protect the organic life forms from collateral damage

- To protect the Autobots from dangerous life forms and unknown risks (damn barnacles)

- Comic-style belief that mechanical life is superior by default, or that organic life is too 'unusual' to deal with.

- Bad experiences in the past (such as Elita-one's)

15. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I'm thinking there is some assumption of Cybertronian superiority, mixed with the idea that organics are primitive. Probably in this age of peace on Cybertron, the Autobots think that they are a perfect lifeform, enjoying heights of peace, culture (?) and more than likely trading relations with other advanced races (Quintessons?).

Dangerous organics wouldn't necessarily demand a no-contact policy, unless it was something pretty damn dangerous and numerous. Like maybe organics carrying a plague that only infects Transformers.

Heck, it's always possible that whoever is the leader of Cybertron simply doesn't like organics. I'm thinking a high council, though it is possible that Ultra Magnus might be the one the buck stops with there. But I half wonder if the anti-organics policy stems from somewhere deeper in Cybertron's leadership, a Beast Machines Megatron type figure who despises all organics.

Interesting thought, though. The Allspark showed DNA to Sari when she opened it last week. I think the Allspark is trying to tell any who will listen that a balance of organics is necessary, perhaps. Maybe that's why the Key could not purge Blackarachnia - the Allspark did not want it.

Now imagine, what if the Allspark was set adrift not to keep it out of Decepticon hands, but to keep the general populace of Cybertron unaware of what it was trying to say to them.

I may be reading into this too much, but as much is clear already, the higher-ups of the Autobots are not whiter than white figures. They have flaws all of their own, which is good. It makes for good storytelling.

I just hope it's not totally brushed under the mat after the Elite Guard episode.

16. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm going to say this law was established back in the Great War so as Decpeticons wouldn't follow the Autobots there and endanger the local life and that they never really bothered to repeal the law after the War.

17. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yes. And you can totally tell this from THE FOUR LINES WE'VE HEARD FROM THEM.

18. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    That wouldn't explain why Ultra Magnus ordered forcefields and decontamination, though.

Actually, I can tell Jazz is at least the newbie of the crew and has some naiveté when it comes to situations like this by the way he said "Really?" in that clip. There was an element of surprise in the voice like he'd never heard of what Sentinel was on about before.

Magnus I'm not so sure about.

19. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    It's probably got something to do with notions of robotic superiority.

I hope they bring it up in the episode.

He sounded more curious than naive to me.

20. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I always just chalked it up to the Autobots not knowing how to deal with organic life. It would be like humans going to another planet and encountering something utterly different to ourselves; we wouldn't know how to deal with it either.