Why is it always...?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by AniProwl, Oct 29, 2009.

1. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Whenever the Autobots have to team up with a Decepticon, it's either Megatron or Shockwave against usually a common threat like Starscream or Unicron. I wonder why can't the Autobots ever team up with Starscream to take down Shockwave or Megatron.

Any thoughts?

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Probably because that's not seen as a "Big enough" threat to warrant the team-up of such hated enemies. Your idea has merit though, I could totally see Starscream trying to manipulate the Autobots to overthrow Megatron, or to at least sabotage one of his plans to discredit Megatron.

In the Marvel comics, they did Ratchet teaming up with Megatron to take down Shockwave, and the whole "deal with the devil" way that they approached it was really cool.

3. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    That would be a great concept for the next show.

4. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    Yeah, it kind of seems like an obvious plot, doesn't it? And even then, there's a bunch of different ways it could be approached.

5. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut sack

Ebay:
    That plotline is one of the reasons the early comics are my favorite of all the transformers cannon. It didn't feel the same later on when Ratchet made the pretenders under duress from Megatron.

6. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    It wasn't as impactful then, but the relationship between Ratchet and Megatron in the marvel series was always one my favorite aspects, mainly because of the phenomenal Warrior School storyline. The rest was good, but you're right, just not as good.

It just went to show that the Autobots and Decepticons could interact in conflict with each other in ways other than PEW PEW PEW LAZORFIGHTS, which is something you still don't see really often.

7. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Well, there's also the issue that Starscream isn't even trusted by any of the Decepticons.

The Autobots would ally with him only under total, universe-threatening duress. They would suspect a trick or betrayal immediately and constantly. They couldn't possibly act otherwise. He's far too infamous and known to be utterly dishonourable.

Really, Prime would trust Starscream about as far as he could throw Metroplex.

- Coeloptera

8. Attacker_Prime

Attacker_Prime Optimus Prime forever

Why? Because Prime knows that after he and Starscream overthrow Megs, they're pretty slagged with Screamer in charge. I could just see it...

"IIIIIIIII AM NOW LEADER OF THE DECEPTICONS!! KILL THE AUTOBOTS!! -pew pew pew-

"Lulwut?"

"Yesssss die Autobots!"

"You slagger, Screamer"

9. Aernaroth

News Credits:
    But its also been shown that Starscream's area of expertise is intrigue, and he can't even come close to Megatron's military prowess. Its possible that Megatron's deposition would put a paranoid, ineffective Starscream in power, and the Decepticons would tear themselves apart as a result.

10. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I think it was in an early G1 episode that Starscream points out Megatron performing an illegal action of Cybertron Law. Plus, he was the one who accidently "woke up" the Autoots in the first episode

Let's not forget both IDW Starscream and Movieverse Screamer whom both used to see their respective Megatrons as great heros a few million years later and now they think both Megatrons have become what the Decepticons are fighting against.

Then, there's the Noble Demon Armada Starscream.
    So in short, any Starscream is technically less evil than Megatron. He almost almost borderlines on anti-villain.

Yet, Optimus the Big Hero and Megatron the Big Bad always team up to take him down.

That's like having Captain America and Dr. Doom teaming up to fight Magneto.

11. ghowildseven

ghowildseven SG Decepticon

Starscream cannot be trusted, simple as that.

12. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    There was an old Tell-a-tape Transformers story which involved Optimus Prime accepting Starscream into the Autobots as an ally against their common enemy Megatron. It was a ruse to steal Wheeljack's new invention, though.

Happened in the same story. Soon as Starscream joined, everyone started talking about Wheeljack's new invention that they knew he was there to steal, the D.O.L.T.S.

Naturally Prime didn't trust Starscream so it was all a trick. The device was a box full of junk. When Starscream stole it back to Decepticon HQ Prime followed him just to laugh at the Decepticons for not figuring out the acronym.

13. herugrim

herugrim Defiler of Energon

Ebay:
    I seem to recall in the G1 series Starscream did team up with the Autobots when he was working for Unicron to get his body back.

Also Armada Starscream became an Autobot for a short time.