Why is it always Starscream and Bumblebee

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by wasp819, Jan 29, 2009.

1. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    My problem (and its been with me since G1) is (just like the perverbial egg and chicken which came first) is why are all the other seekers repaints of starscream????
    As far as im aware skywarp and thundercracker came out the same time as screamer so why is it always him as the base mold and all the others are repaints, i personally think G1 thundercracker was better, seemed harder and more of a natural leader then starscream could ever hope to be, i really dont know why thunder and skywarp wernt more fleshed out, all the attention seem to be and still is on screamer, the same can also be said of good old cliffy (always in bumbles shadow) why is cliffy the repaint, if these issues have been around since G1 and animated is also repainting in the same trend i think this needs to be cleared up once and for all (and yes im aware that in animated everyone was a clone of starscream hence the repaints but they must of based this decision on some old fable repaint law)

2. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    Wasn't the very first version of the mold the Diaclone toy with Starscream colors? Then the toy got reintroduced in the Transformers line with Thundercracker and Skywarp with alternate decos.

3. DieMaus

DieMaus is blawesome

News Credits:
    If you're asking why Starscream and Bumblebee took prominence over other characters back in the G1 days, well, that's a question you'd have to ask the show's writers. If you're talking about since then, then I'd say the answer was fairly obvious; because the G1 show made them two of the most popular and famous Transformers characters ever, so they're naturally going to be ones who are brought back a lot.

4. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Repaints are easy, they make sense (these one's do) and they make money that can be used to make new moulds.

5. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Because Bumblebee is the character every kid loves and Starscream is almost as iconic as Optimus himself.

Thundercracker could be a "better leader", but Starscream is clearly one of the best and most memorable characters in animation history.

6. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    Actually, I thought it was the Thundercracker deco which was first in the Diaclone line.

He's the one that is usually shown on the Powered Convoy set up.

7. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Starscream has become an icon.

Bumblebee, after the last movie, has also become an icon.

Optimus Prime, Megatron, Starscream, and Bumblebee will be in every single incarnation of Transformers for the next 5 to 10 years thanks to the movie.

8. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Actionmaster Super Mod

News Credits:
    QFT... starscream did way more in the old show then skywarp and thundercracker ever did...so, therefore, that makes starscream the bigger star...ask anyone who has a vague concept of the g1 series, and they remember "starscream and two other jet guys..."

9. Ceasar121

Ceasar121 Wants a Toxitron repaint!

News Credits:
    simple. Thundercracker and Skywarp's best moments in g1 included getting jump kicked in the chest by Ratchet, and getting tossed out with the garbage. Astrotrain had more big moments than they did. So they became the backups. Also, Chris Latta (g1 screamer voice actor) gave the character one the most memorable voices of 80s cartoons.

Bumblebee's stardom is due to his color, which i guess appeals to kids, and his popularity in the last movie. Tradition is a hard thing to break, and their character archtypes are entrenched in tf history... Ops always has a small kid friendly fearless spy, and Megs always has a power hungry second in command.

10. Jazz1979

Jazz1979 Well-Known Member

Actually Cliffjumper was NOT a Bumblebee repaint, since he was NOT a VW beetle but another small car with edgy chassis and a tail-spoiler. They just looked similar because their transformation and size were the same.
    But in terms of the seeker, Starscream, Thundercracker, Skywarp (Sunstorm, Acid Storm)
    they are indeed all the same mold.

11. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    What I find really funny is that Cliffjumper was not a repaint of Bumblebee in G1. He was a different mold.

12. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But people would throw a fit if Cliffjumper was a repaint of Jazz.

13. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    yeah, so what if tehy're repaints people are gonna buy it anyway.

14. PyroniusRex

PyroniusRex Banned

News Credits:
    Well they could break it this series, in Animated, if they decide to start including Cliffjumper they could make his toy in Cybertronian form.

15. Zaraxion1021

Zaraxion1021 Cybertronian Monarch

Lol, yea. I sorta have a problem with that too. Like the fact that cliffjumper was not a total bumblebee repaint. XD :lol  :lol  :lol  :cry 

16. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    In animated with BB its the whole protoform thing. Same with Ratchet & Ironhide.

The seekers are great though, they use their similaritys like a uniform, but their characters distinguish them from each other.

17. Terrorcon Blot

Terrorcon Blot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm afraid I have some bad news.

18. Dom

Dom TFA Supporter

News Credits:
    That piece of crap is just a rush job. Im sure if Hasbro sees they can get 3 repaints out of one mold, they will blow there load:D 

19. Blitz.

Blitz. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    lol I don't think its a rush job if they give it a whole new head just for a minor character

frankly its clear why its always SS and BB their popular. and guys like TC and SW were just cannon fodder

20. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW Spongebob since 2007

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Not true since the Unleased New VW Beetle Bumblebee Mold Cliffjumper got become a Bumblee's B(SEGA)CH.