Why is IDW's Reprint of Transformers Generation 1 Volume 2: War and Peace so Rare???

Discussion in 'Transformers Comics Discussion' started by Optimist_Prime, Jan 13, 2009.

1. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I know IDW started to reprint DW's Generation series in 2006. Now IDW's reprinted Volume 1 is rather easy to come by. However the reprinted Volume 2: War and Peace is not only extreamly difficult to find, but costs a fortune. Two sellers on Amazon are trying to sell it for $999.00.

I know it is out of print, but only by one or two years. My brother-in-law had an easer time finding a 30 year old book about running!

Does anybody know why this is the case, and where I might be able to find IDW's for a reasonable price?

2. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    My local comic store has 2 of them in stock, was there today. I never saw a reprinted volume 1 though.

3. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Amazon marketplace has sellers that sell out of print books for dumbass amounts of money. Frankly, I think they're on crack and should have the shit kicked out of them, but thats just me.

4. wheeljack01

wheeljack01 Happiness is a warm gun

I saw the book at books a million a few weeks back. Those prices are crazy kinda like the prices the orginal Dreamwave more than meets the eye tps. Those sellers are douche knights.

5. Boo

Boo Addicted to candy canes.

Ebay:
    Heh. I remember trying to find DW's War Within (vol.1) tpb. about a year or so after its release... idiots on Amazon.com were tying the same thing. I think the lowest price was something like $599... pathetic. I wound up buying it off of another poster here (can't ecall who, though) for cover price.

As for the War & Peace tpb, though... if you're nt deadset on it being the IDW reprint, I have the original DW release you can have for cover price plus a couple bucks for shipping...