Why is everything on Earth? Also a new Prime character possible?

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    I hate how everything ends up on Earth. Extreme coincidence. It's ridiculous. Also Optimus mentioned someone called Solus Prime or something like that? Anyone think he could be a new character? Anyway this was one of my favourite episodes so far

2. Moonlight1102

Moonlight1102 Banned

There's already a thread with a topic similar to this.

Dude, Solus Prime was a chick.

3. Autob ironhide

Autob ironhide Well-Known Member

News Credits:

4. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Didn't they say something last episode of something along the line of Unicron's pull or something?

5. MechaV

MechaV Not as bad as you think.

News Credits:
    Just blame it all on Unicron. Simple as that.

6. Flashdisk

Flashdisk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's speculation posted by those of us in the forum, but the hypothesis has been acknowledged/supported in the show as far as I know.

I think it would be cool if it was.

7. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You haven't read the books, huh? Don't feel bad--I'm new to these new important characters too. Solus was one of the 13 original Primes in this new continuity, so she's new...yet old:p  You can see her and the other Primes battling Unicron in the last year's season finale.

In regards to why everything ending up on Earth, well, the story takes place on well...Earth. It would be nice if items were sent through the galaxy or elsewhere in our universe, but their is only so much that can be done in a 22+/- cartoon, no? I'll settle for an artifact or two digging our moon, however.

At some point, they should explain why they came to our world. We known since Darkness Rising that this wasn't the first time the Cybertronians came to our world. Why did they come, and why have they returned? Perhaps the answer to these questions will tell us why the artifacts all came here.

...though, should Unicron awaken again, which I suspect he will (one last time), the Cybertronians will at least have the means to put an end to him once and for all (remember that major character death talked about).

8. Kostya

Kostya Destron

News Credits:
    This was explained several times. Earth was one of the locations the Autobot high command sent some of the artifacts and weapons to make sure they didn't fall into Decepticon hands.

Solus Prime is, unfortunately, dead. She was one of the original 13.

9. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd like to see a number of episodes set in other parts of the TF: Prime universe (Chaar, Cybetron, Nebulon etc).

10. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Megatron said they need to make sure the hammer didn't fall into the hands of a Prime instead of saying they need to make sure the hammer didn't fall into Optimus Prime's hands so you have to wonder if a last Prime is something the show has been wrong about.

I'm guessing everything falls to Earth so they don't have to build backgrounds for other planets and the kids can be in the episodes if they stay on Earth.

11. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How could Optimus NOT be the last of the Primes? Unless this show follows the books, which it has in parts, Optimus is the last of the Primes. The remaining Primes in the books left the life of being a Prime and cared little for the life they once had...

Being a Prime has to be more than just a title.

12. Creaky

Creaky King of Puppies

News Credits:
    As mentioned above, Solus is one of the original 13, and therefore not likely to show up in any real sense (although I wouldn't put more cameos/weird rotf mystical stuff past the team, since the Primes had screen time here.)

Also, the Earth thing has been explained to be that Earth was one of the major battle sites of the great war, and so stuff ended up here, either in storage, or as debris. I'd really like them to go into more detail, though. When was this? Did Humans notice? Was it pre Humans? What happened pre-prime to earth? Backstory to the show, to Fowler? How far reaching did the war get? How many planets out there are strewn with Cybertronian waste? Did any planets pay the same price as Cybertron?

There's potential for great story building there, but I'm not sure if it's the scope of the show, or if it's too periphery, and probably the domain of secondary fiction (comics, books, games - whatever). I do hope it's something they at least glance upon.

13. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well as far as they are concerned he IS the last Prime, as in, the last of the line. But that doesn't stop one of the 13 of showing up, in fact, chances are Megatron will end up seeking one of them to use the artifacts since Optimus probably wouldn't like the idea of making weapons for the Decepticons.

14. Transformed

Transformed 神戸 Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is the original Megatronous dead? If any of the original Primes is likely to help Megatron, I assume he'd be the one. ...but why would he?

15. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It'll depend on where Megatronus is right now. If he is like, trapped or weakened, they could probably do some kind of deal that helps them both. The reason the deal with Unicron failed was because Megatron assumed Unicron would need his help, but he didn't, Unicron was fine by himself.

16. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Considering the Thirteen seem to for all intents and purposes be immortal, and Megatronus is...ya know, The Fallen, if they start showing up, I'm sure he'll show his firey behind at some point

17. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Because the budget dosn't allow for off world antics.

18. seekerblackout

seekerblackout Banned

Because the Earth is technically Cybertronian, Unicron anyone?

19. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP AKA Beve Stuscemi

News Credits:
    Plot contrivance anyone?

20. GWolfv2

GWolfv2 Deathsaurus - A name you can trust for peace

News Credits:
    Eh. When your core is a multi-dimensional hell god, contrivance is the least of your worries