Why is DotM not streaming on Netflix?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Dr Kain, Jan 6, 2012.

1. Dr Kain

Dr Kain Well-Known Member

I want to show it to one of my friends so he can see how terrible it is, but Netflix does not have it on streaming. Why not? It is long past the 30 day deal.

2. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Because having it streaming on Netflix will reduce DVD revenues. So they'll wait a while before they allow streaming distribution rights.

3. FanimusMaximus

FanimusMaximus Kuphead

News Credits:
    Don't be surprised if they like it when you get it on Netflix.

4. konrathink

konrathink Jared Magnus

Netflix only streams older or less popular movies. More main stream movies or popular ones I'm sure require more money for the rights to stream them. That's why I ended up dropping my streaming portion of my Netflix. The 30 day thing is for the DVD's. I would think DOTM would show up streaming in 8-12 months or so.

5. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It's kind of weird and just down right complicated about when Netflix is able stream a movie because every studio has a different agreement with Netflix. Some studios see how Netflix is a good thing for them and are quick to stream while other studios drag the process out as long as they can.

Heck just look at how places like Red Box and Blockbuster will have the DVD rental on different dates because of how studios are about DVD releases. Although if you don't mind parting with a $1 you could just go to Red Box for Dark of the Moon because that's how I watched it.

Ha ha, or for $2 you could rent Dark of the Moon and Attack the Block to show how a little British film manages to outdo the bigger budget American film.

6. optimegatron

optimegatron Not over, not finished.

News Credits:
    It'll take atleast until summer to strean...

7. Dr Kain

Well then I guess he can wait until the summer to see it. However, I do not understand this. There is only supposed to be a 28 day delay from the day it hits DVD/BD to when it starts streaming on Netflix. Why is DOTM so different from everyone else? Are they afraid people are going to see how ****** the movie is and not buy it? Not having it streaming is not going to make people go out and buy it. They will just pirate it instead. Actually, that does not sound like a bad idea...

Oh, and I dropped the disc portion of Netflix a year ago. It got way too expensive to take discs out.

8. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

As far as I know, none of the TF movies are currently available for stream.

I checked to see if the first two were even on a few months ago. Not sure if it's been updated since the start of the new year.

Also, Netflix is kind of slow about updating its streaming catalog when it comes to certain content.

9. Ash from Carolina

Movie studios like to wring every dollar they can out of a DVD release so if they think they could make a few more bucks they will delay the release to Netflix, Red Box, Blockbuster and the other large chains.

Just look at how they rushed out a stripped down DVD release of Dark of the Moon and now they are attempting to sell the same movie on Blu Ray with just the extra features added at last.

10. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Like everyone else has said Netflix is weird about this stuff.

BTW why would want to show your friend that supposedly sucks? I mean it doesn't actually suck but you know what I mean.

11. Ash from Carolina

Really hard to figure the rhyme or reason on so much of it. They have a huge streaming anime library but not a single Gundam series on streaming and their mech series are really thin compared to all the other anime they have.

12. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah like one time my dad was watching the original Battlestar Galactica series, but the next day he went to look for it and it was gone! Seriously weird.

13. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Licensing is a hell of a thing. In a lot of cases maybe netflix gets temporary licenses for stuff, and if they don't generate the interest netflix needs to justify continuing the license, they allow it to expire.

14. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ah well that makes sense. Since then its actually came back on there. Netflix is cool, just kinda slow with adding things on there.

15. tfprime32

tfprime32 Banned

News Credits:
    rent it on REDBOX instead peps!!!! on mine i have the Wii and they dont even have any transformers movies/shows on there!! i dont like the wii version for netflix! so my guess is they have to get a licencing thing so just either A. BUY IT OR B. RENT IT On REDBOX,blockbuster,whachit oline,itunes/mp3

simple as that you idiots! it is not rocket science!!!!! its been out for a while now so buy it

16. Dr Kain

Are you kidding me? DotM was down right terrible. I went to see a movie called Transformers: Dark of the Moon, not a movie called Humans vs the Decepticons: We Ripped Off The Ultimate Doom and Megatron's Master Plan, but Forgot There Were Supposed to be Autobots in this Movie. The only movies that were worse than DOTM this year were Suckerpunch and Green Hornet.

Anyway, he is a huge TF fan, like me, enjoyed the first movie but thought ROTF absolutely sucked Devastator balls. He does kinda want to see DOTM, but only if it is for free. Plus, we want to have an MSTK night and watch DOTM back to back with Sharktopus.

17. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    You'll probably be waiting a while, especially when it comes to TF movies. Not one movie, show, or cartoon series is available on Netflix, probably due to licensing issues.

Surely you know someone that has a copy that you can borrow for a night to show your friend?

18. Ash from Carolina

Most of those services even let you check the availability at local machines and reserve copies from however you get on the internet.

Heck the gas to get to the store actually costs me more than the rental does. But it's really nice for films that didn't show at my local theater or films I was saving for a rental on a slow weekend.

19. Dr Kain

Nope, because my friends have taste. Sort of, they like Zombie Strippers...