Why is CMS corpn stuffs so expensive?

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by rizuan76, Apr 13, 2008.

1. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've always wanted to pose this question for quite awhile but it just slipped my mind so many times. but it has always bugged me.

Is there any particular reason why they charged their items more pricey than others? (i.e Bandai, Takaratomy etc) is it b'coz they're a smaller outfit that they have much higher overheads & have to recoup back some of it? but the way i see it in terms of quality control & high standard, they are not much different from any other japanese toy company. in fact i think some of the stuffs made by either Bandai or Takaratomy is more better than CMS.

One recent example of the expensiveness of their products is the Dancougar Nova. man, that thing will burn a hole in yr pocket. so any definite reason why their stuffs is expensive?

2. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Take note that they usually make PVC figures and not transforming robots. Another reason seems to be that the really expensive stuff are marked as 'limited' though they never are as limited as they say.

3. QuinJester

QuinJester T. Bison

News Credits:
    Yes.

4. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Thanks for answering my question regarding this. so i basically answered my own question in my original post :D .

5. GogDog

GogDog Logic's wayward son Veteran

News Credits:
    I have two Patlabors by CM's, the Movie Ingram and the Griffon. Both are top notch. Yeah, they are expensive (retail anyway, you can hold out for good deals), but really good figures if you like metal gokin figures. The Griffon is just stunning. I has holding it a few minutes ago, and am still amazed at just how cool it is. I really hope they turn some profits, get more licenses, and make some amazing stuff with smaller overhead. I think they could compete with Bandai one day.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2008
  6. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah, you basically answered the question yourself, dude! LOL! They're a smaller outfit and hence they have to charge more to cover their costs like license fees etc.