Why Is Animated Voyager Prime So Scarce?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by GrimlockAutobot, Aug 21, 2008.

1. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    Animated Voyager Prime has been the hardest Voyager to find im my area. I have NEVER seen one on the shelf at my local Wal-Mart, Target, Or Toys R Us.

Maybe it's just in my area of the country but, is anyone else having a hard time finding it? Have you ever see it on the shelves? Are they rare for some reason or could it be that they're the first ones selling out?

I have seen an abundance of Animated Voyager Starscream, Megatron, Lugnut, Bulkhead, and even a ton of Grimlocks but, NO Voyager Primes. I have even seen alot of Leader Megatron and Bulkhead and Roll Out and Command Prime.

Thanks for posting!!

2. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I think that he is short packed, combine that with it being the best Prime figure in the line so far and there ya go.

He has been the trickiest Voyager figure to find around my area, but I've seen him around. I got mine at a Target a month back or so.

3. all are dead

all are dead Being a nerd is my game.

News Credits:
    I got him in june and at that time every target in my area had like 5 voyager primes on the endcaps.... and i saw slowly leave the walmart shelves too... I only am looking for Blitzwing!

4. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    All I see are Megs, Starscream, and Grimlock for voyagers. I found my Prime a while ago when they had 2-3 at Target and haven't seen very many since.

I noticed in Toyfare his value is supposedly higher than the others. Usually you expect a Prime to be all over the place eh?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2008
  5. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    I've only seen him at target. Dude shelf warmed there for 3 weeks. But be patient and it will show up in other places.
    There are people storming shelves for blitzwing now that it has been sighted.

you could try k-mart though. They have grimlock and lugnut in my area which I found odd as their usually not ahead of most retailers. So potentially...yours could have prime.

By the way cybertron deluxe prime is the best prime. So much articulation. And actual normal transformers mechanical detail.

6. General Tekno

General Tekno Self-Styled #1 Lugnut Fan

News Credits:
    Was kinda wondering the same thing.

I mean, I've got mine, but I haven't seen him around much.

7. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Me No Bozo Me King!!

News Credits:
    I've NEVER seen or heard of a Wal-Mart having a Voyager Prime......all the sightings I've seen have been at Target.

As a side note, maybe Hasbro pulled them back so they can add the Autobot symbols to them?

8. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Nah I don't think they'd pull back something for such a small running change

9. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I've actually seen him a couple times at my Wal Marts, as well as TRU.

10. SoundMaster

SoundMaster Likes RID Bulkhead.

News Credits:
    Around a month or so ago, I luckily found 3 V primes at WM. Of course 1 came home with me. Other then that, I've never seen him.

I believe he was delayed.

11. rapid_fire

rapid_fire TFW2005 Supporter

we have at least 10 of all the other voyagers here, (cept for blitzwing, he's not out yet here) but no primes at all.

12. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Case ratios you see. Wave 1 voyagers cases had either two Bulkheads (with 1 Megatron and Starscream), or two starscreams (with 1 each of the other two). Depending on the revision. Voyager Prime was added for wave 2 making it 1 each per case. Wave 3 is 2 each of Grimlock and Lugnut. So if a store had a bunch of wave 1 cases and a some what less wave 2 cases. They put them out. You'll have a shatload of Megatrons, Starscreams, and Bulkheads on shelf and not so many Primes. If they then get some wave 3, no Prime's at all. And it IS Prime after all. So he will move a bit faster.

Wait for wave 4. Those cases have one each of Prime, Grimlock, Lugnut, and Blitzwing. So you see a Blitzwing on shelf, there was a Prime that went out with him (or should have). For this reason I try and learn case ratios and revisions. Helps to know how easy/hard finding one figure you want is going to be.

Personally speaking, Wal-Marts (nor TRU) here haven't goten wave 2 or 3 voyagers yet. Zellers have goten wave 2 and 3. It's where I got Grimlock. And saw like 5 or 6 voyager Prime's at one location. I'd offer you a hook-up but being in Canada I doubt you'd want $45 shipped for one voyager no matter how desparate you may be. :wink: 

13. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I saw him a lot early on but haven't really looked for one since.

14. honcho

honcho It's been a while.

Ebay:
    I've only seen it twice in stores. My sister and I bought the last two at a Target (early in July), and I saw one at Toys R Us (a day or so ago). Other than that, I haven't seen him at ALL. Grimlock, Lugnut, and Bulkhead have pretty much been clogging the shelves everywhere I go.

15. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    What makes it worse is that, for some weird reason, wave 3 was shipped after (and sometimes along with) wave 1, skipping 2 entirely until a later date. So while we've had Cybertron Megatrons and Lugnuts up the wazoo since pretty much day one, it took a lot longer for Prime to initially hit the shelves.

16. lars573

lars573 Well-Known Member

Well that didn't happen here. For me it was that wave 2 and 3 hit pretty much at the same time (within a week of each other.).

17. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Grimlock has a similar problem. You'll find a bunch of Lugnuts at one place, but no Grimlock. Usually you have to find him as soon as he's stocked in stores.

18. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I've seen an overabundance of Megs, Bulkhead, and Starscream, and on occasion I have found Lugnut. But I have been seeing 1 or 2 Primes here and there at a variety of stores, inlcuding Walmart. There was 1 time I saw about 6 Grimlocks, but never since. So, I'd say Grimlock has been the most scarce around here. Still, I found Grimlock and Lugnut weeks before seeing a Prime.

19. omega knight

omega knight Chibi lancelot launch

News Credits:
    I asked a lady to go check the voayger box and it had 1optimus 2 bulkeheads and a megatron. They come one to a box. I'm just glad I have two now. One misb and one to playwith.I got them in the same week two

20. justinRODimus

justinRODimus Well-Known Member

i NEVER see grimlocks, and sometimes see primes. i ALWAYS see bulkhead and voyager megs. (grimlock still eludes me)