Why is animated so fricking addicting

Discussion in 'Transformers Animated Discussion' started by megatronkicksas, Dec 9, 2008.

1. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Its so good and I don't even know why I love it but can't prove it. Its what we've all wanted for years but all we got was anime. I mean we have freaking expresion on the cartoon and the toys. I mean sure I'm a tad bit upset with the mythbusters and their not to cleaverly desguised muttonchops but I still love the design it keeps pulling me in. When I saw the target exclusive shcockwave I cryed a little. I mean why do we like these guys the toys are simple, no detail and yet they pull us in. I guess in short does this show rock, do the toys rock?

Myth confirmed

2. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The show does indeed rock. I have loved all of the toys I have picked up and can't wait to get more. I realy want a Wheeljack and Omega Supreme.

3. Buzzer-Bot

Buzzer-Bot Kamikaze

Personally,I thought they did a good job with the show and toys.It's hard to decide which is the weakest figure.

4. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
    its because its new, exciting, and interesting. plus its good! the animation is ccrappy (to some people) but its still good writing and ideas

5. Ravenxl7

Ravenxl7 W.A.F.F.L.E.O.

News Credits:
    It is really great, and for many different reasons. Not my absolute favorite so far, but definitely in second place (RID is still #1 imo). It also seems that it will only be getting better with Season 3.

While I do agree with you that Animated is awesome, this part is a severe generalization. There are plenty that didn't, and still don't, like or want the style that Animated has brought to Transformers.

6. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Because it's stylized. That's why Animated, BM, movie and BW are all so appealing to me, because they all have a style that sets them apart from G1/2, RID, Arm, Eng, Cyb, Classics and Universe. They stand out on the shelf and look great all posed together. Like little marquettes.

7. Sideways

Sideways Banned

If Animated was in a liquid form, I'd so inject it into my veins. :lol 

8. Anodythe

Anodythe Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Maybe it is the eternal battle of good against evil. While the evil characters always seem to have the upper hand, the good still perservere. The Autobots have their weaknesses, faults and shortcomings, but they are also honest, loyal, steadfast, kind and honorable. They stumble and fall and get right back up to try again. Despite the misgivings and outright hostility of some of their own; they are the first in line to correct a wrong or protect the weak and vulnerable. Somehow, that is the most appealing type of character. One we can emulate as they are just like us.
    Nuff said.

9. kenm2474

kenm2474 LORD DC TFW2005 Supporter

Why is animated so fricking addicting
    IMO I think Animated is so Addicting is because its such a new look for Transformers. Along with the show being so good the Toys are such a spot on match with the Shows Characters so much so you look at them an wonder how they did that so well.

10. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ditto :drunk 

11. Ravage1976

Ravage1976 Well-Known Member

Yeah I dont think he means the asthetic so much as the concept, conceptually Animated is very much what alot of us have wanted for a long time, I still find it highly amusing that alot in Animated is like the types of things we were speculating and hoping for when we first heard about Armada.

12. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

Animated is well written and entertaining. That makes all the difference in the world. I still don't like the design of the toys, being that I enjoy "realistic" alt-modes and thus more realistic (as in not "cartoony" looking) toys. But that said, I adore the TV show, it's the best Transformers cartoon since Beast Wars.

13. GrimlockMinor

GrimlockMinor Dinobot

News Credits:
    its so addicting because of its pure badassness...

14. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Probably because of Sari.

Everybody likes Sari.

15. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It's probably so wonderful because of what we've endured. Unicron Trilogy? Though I actually enjoyed bits of Armada and Cybertron, this is just better. It has the writing chops of Beast Wars and a line of cool toys to boot. The designs are different, which I kind of like. I even like Bayformers, but that's simply because it's something new. I like to see what we can do with the franchise. I also like how certain characters have been revamped and the few new ones we got Bulkhead, Lugnut, Sentinel (not new to comics), Lockdown. Starscream Seeker Clone story arc was neat. Plus a ton of voyager class figures in a line makes me happy.

16. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Oh yes now that's true, I find the new characters or ultra-revamps like Blitzwing way more charming than stuff like "It's the old guy again with his classic stuff again, enjoy!"

17. Prime's Pappa

Prime's Pappa Animated Forever

The toys and the show rock. The only 2 reasons that G1 is better to me and Animated is 2nd is cause G1 was my childhood and I think the quality control needs improvement for the figures for animated but other than that the figs are fun and so is the show. I cant stand having to wait for season 3 and I keep hope for an animated Omega fig!!!

18. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    Because its got compelling characters you get to know and care about, and its just plain fun. :) 

--Moony

19. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Pretty much what everybody said. :p 

20. wasp819

wasp819 L-I-V-I-N

Ebay:
    I was a G1 purist, transformers made my childhood back in the 80s will always have a special place in my heart, after 1990 i forgot all about them and just got on with my life, i knew they were still out their in many diff forms and shows but they didnt appeal to me as they wernt G1, the movie rekindled something in me and then i saw animated and i was hooked, animated is was better than any other line before and i love how the characters look, the style, the toys everything, this is my G1 but now im in my 30s and can buy what and when i want, even tho at the mo i only have 10figs (3 new ones are on order) i have spent up to £600 on these bad boys