why ironhide had to die

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by supernova222, Dec 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightHawkke

KnightHawkke Flynn Lives

Bay.

On a side note, how would Ironhide being in Chicago made any difference? They could have just had a random building fall on him and it would not have changed the movie any. /shrug

2. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Well people assume if he was around the cons wouldn't have captured the Autobots (which lead to Que and possibly Brains and Wheelie dying) if Ironhide was with them, as he would have had the firepower necessery to turn the tide there.

But that could have easily been solved by having him help get Optimus down from the cords or something.

3. Jazzfan0217

Jazzfan0217 Resident couch potato

I miss Hide too :cry  actually I wanted to :cry . He's been with us since movie 1. But it was just like Jazz the car went out of production so the characters got cut out. :(  but they could have just made them scan another car or truck instead of kill them off because Jazz was my favorite and Ironhide was my second.

4. Overlord Balder

Overlord Balder Voices Slugslinger!

Guys, guys, it's painfully obvious he wasn't killed because his car was out of line, that's ridiculous, he would just scan a newer model and call it a day [like Sideswipe and BB like to do].

He was killed ONLY because it was decided so by Bay and crew. Nothing else.

5. PrimusVsUnicron

PrimusVsUnicron Well-Known Member

like I said blame Hasbro

6. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Car production doesn't matter. Pontiac Solstice didn't end production until 2009, when ROTF was out. And Hummer H2 also ended production around the same time as the Topkick, but Ratchet neither died, nor switched vehicle modes. Sideswipe's covertible model, was cancelled, and the twins were removed from the film almost entirely, despite being brand new Sparks.

Even if they did, Ironhide and Ratchet aren't real cars anyway. The Ironhide Topkick was heavily customized (the mirrors were taken off, pipes added etc), and the Hummer H2 ambulance doesn't even exist. They chopped up a Hummer and attached ambulance parts to it. So there's little product placement value for them, as opposed to say...Bumblebee, who is a stock Camaro, and actually has a special Transformers edition car, GM sells.

7. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Nah,we are talking about Bay movie,so with Ironhide around,Autobots will still be captured by the Cons

8. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    What would of happened if Prime was there along with Ironhide would of sentinal Fired on Prime with rust cannon.? instead of Ironhide why didnt he fire at Bee.with the cannon.?

9. Psychospy8

Psychospy8 Maximal Engineer

Ebay:
    he did fire at bumble bee, it was just bee was to agile and fast to get hit. i think they could have gone a different way but it worked the way the did it, by killing ironhide that way made you hate sentinel (and by the way loved the way sentinel was killed), sent autobots in a dissaray, and was a huge slap in the face of optimus prime

10. Driskull98

Driskull98 Evil is as evil do.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Tumblr:
  11. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

cuz' lets face it,if bee kicks the bucket,ill end up being like the death of optimus prime again. only the yellow kid-at-you appeal characther replacing the main bot.

12. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Ironhide's death was faked. It was just an illusion.

It's all part of his plan...to take over North Korea since "Lil' Kim" died and then rule it with iron fist...literally.

13. Sideways77

Sideways77 #1 flareup simp

News Credits:
    1. I wasn't 'heartbrocken'.

2. Um, no. Ironhide isn't Jesus. Sentinal would've sliced him in three in no time.

3. Yeah, sure. The firepower of 1,000 ships, 4 motherships, Protoform armies, and CloverCon would only dent him.

4. Again, no. The strength of the combined Protoforms would easily overpower Ironhide. Besides, CloverCon would just step on him and pin him down.

So truthfully, all these make no sense. Ironhide isn't God and can survive anything.

Sometimes I can't stand these Ironhide fanboys. Well, not all of them, anyway.

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    THIS. Would Ironhide have put up a fight in Chicago? Most definitely. Would he have trashed some 'Cons? Probably. But in the end, sheer numbers and size from the Decepticons would've overwhelmed him.

15. Stepper

Stepper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's a good one,if that is the case, Ironhide will be back in TF4,just kidding.

16. FeelingLuckyPnk

I think what alot of people try to say is that he would have put up a fight against Sentinel and go out fighting, rather than just getting shot in the back. He dies either way, but I think he would give Sentinel some whoopin' - because unlike Optimus, I doubt he'd hold back and ask "Why Sentinel?".

17. Sideways77

News Credits:
    Once again, no. Ironhide of half of Sentinal's size. SP would just punt him aside and melt him into rusty scrap.

18. FeelingLuckyPnk

No he wouldn't. Not as easy as you hint. Ironhide would die, but Sentinel wouldn't get out of it without some damage.

19. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    QFT

20. Sideways77

News Credits:
    I don't know what that means...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.