Why i'm disliking my PS3

Discussion in 'Video Games and Technology' started by Recall, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    My Xbox and Wii can download purchased games quite quickly and apply any updates rapidly. My internet connection allows for it I assume.

The PS3 cannot.

I bought and began downloading Pain and Wipeout "Fury" Expansion 2 and half hours ago. After the lengthy download on each and silly time wasted installing, I am treated to another "update" that requires downloading and installing, an update that is larger than the files purchased.

I have only got so far as updating a half of Pain at the time of writing and dread to think how much longer I need to get Wipeout expansion pack installed and updated.

Who's ever idea the whole install, update, install, update, take forever of doom form of downloading deserves to be raped in the ass by a PS3 pad then made to eat it.

2. frenzyrumble

frenzyrumble Banned

News Credits:
    nothing can compete with Microsoft.

3. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    eh, my download times are actually best on the Wii. even when compared to the smaller downloads from XBL.

but yes, PSN is slow. but it's free. so yay.

4. DaggersRage

DaggersRage Autistic bastard.

Planning on selling it Recall? I'll be a buyer! :D 

5. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

Meh, the postives definitely outweight this one negative.

6. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ill buy another for my fiance so we can play dc universe. Lemme know if your selling. My downloads arent that bad but the installs do suck.

7. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

Patience grasshopper. Be glad you're getting to play it after they fixed problems in it our you'de be complaining about those.

8. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    after 3 and half hours, Pain finally full updates and installs but i'm greated by more updates, 59 to be precise.

What the fuck is it a PC?

The positives for the PS3 are very slim, its a blu-ray player and has built in internet explorer and yes its free for its online services but thats it.

9. smkspy

smkspy is one nice fucking kitty

And the games kick ass, but who needs those.

Though I use wireless internet for my PS3, and I remember updates being pretty much useless at first. I had to copy the update on a zip-drive and then download. However now I can update my PS3 through the wireless in less than thirty minutes, so it is improving. At least it is free and you don't have to buy add-ons to get it to work.

And I'm not afraid to play my PS3 unlike my 360, which I live in perpetual of getting the RROD.

10. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Ok now that i've got a chance to play my games I feel more calm :)  I like playing things on a whim and i'm just not used to the fact the PS3 isn't like my xbox. And yes the games do rock also, Infamous, Resistance 2 and Metal Gear 4 especially :D 

11. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I would venture that My Xbox does have fast downloads, but it only recently was turned on to finish Mass Effect, so I don't download enough to notice. The positives I see is that I play the PS3 more, and I won't deny that those things are annoying, BUT, I have had to redownload shit on the 360 because my 20 gigs won't store enough so I have to juggle and end up redownloading things because I had to clear space before, and I refuse to pay extra for a MS HD when that same amount of storage is like 20 bucks by comparison. You get yourself a cheap huge HD for the PS3, and you only have to do those things every blue moon :) 

Anyway, Downloading the expansion for WP now. If you're wireless, Recall, you should definitely go Wired, my download for the expansion is moving pretty fast.

12. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Huh. I just got a PS3 a couple weeks ago. The initial firmware update was a bit of a long wait, but the others (Uncharted update, PAIN, Ghostbusters and Watchmen demos) haven't seemed so bad. And I'm on a wireless router.

I recommend surfing TFW from your PC or grabbing something to read while you wait. :thumb 

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One time I took a dump and played Crisis Core on my PSP while waiting for my PS3 to download the Ratchet and Clank PSN game.

14. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Id rather pay then get crappy PSN

15. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    is your ps3 hooked up via a ethernet cord or wireless network? For some reason, my 40 gig (Upgraded myself to 320) downloads stuff very slow when using my router. HOWEVER, once I plug a ethernet cord into my PS3, its like night and day! Super fast.

Give it a try

16. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

My PS3 wireless is a POS for downloading shit. For playing? Fine. For downloading... nooo. No idea why. God that system drives me up the fucking wall :lol 

17. Boardwise

Boardwise is scary - Sig Killer - M Super Mod

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I've had similar problems when downloading stuff form the PSN as well.
    Times it goes fast, other times it goes really slow.

18. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I could never understand the uneven download times. I haven't had a lag problem in a long, long time. But game downloads can go really freakin' slow at times. But it's not consistent, as some games have downloaded in the blink of an eye. Strange stuff.

19. smangerbot

smangerbot The Holy Zombie Jesus TFW2005 Supporter

must be the servers getting hammered at different times of the day, no? i mean fury came out last night so people would have been all over it....

20. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I still haven't set mine up to work online yet. Gotta freaking huge backlog of games to keep me busy anyway.