Why I think DOTM should have been movie 2.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by shadow2879, May 25, 2011.

1. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    So With both TFs 1 and 2 behind us and 3 just around the corner and knowing all that we know about movie 3 already. I truly feel that DOTM would have made a better 2nd movie and they could have made a 3rd movie to continue after. The story of The Fallen and that whole plot could have been better fleshed out and The Fallen could have been used better and made to be a whole hell of a lot stronger by using him and the whole Unicron back story of how Unicron corrupted The Fallen and then The Fallen doing the same to Megatron and even have Megatron then become a bad ass meaner Galvatron instead of everyone's whipping boy. I just think the whole Fallen story could have fit better in a new 3 movie Unicron saga while having main characters like Megs become even more bad ass as Galvatron, then introduce Hot Rod, Magnus as well as other main Seeker characters that should have been introduced already.

2. ThinkTank Customs

ThinkTank Customs TFW2005-Citizen

News Credits:
    Movie is not old grumpy g1...

3. Dinobot747

Dinobot747 Chopperface

News Credits:
    ...So you're saying make the movie G1?

Face it people, IT'S NOT G1 ANYMORE.

4. theironhulk

theironhulk Autobot Medic

News Credits:
    Geewun... should be left alone. I just can't see unicron being a realistic character in the movieverse. Unless they make him into a storm cloud like they did to galactus in FF4 2....sigh.

5. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    movie 3 cant possible be movie 2 because
    at the end of movie 3, the war ends

6. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Possibly.

Can't say for sure until after we see DOTM tho.

7. cnic

cnic Decepticon

Lol. Stop hating on people who are very protective of G1. That's what started all of the incarnations of the Universe.Yes, G1 was cheesy as hell and had it's flaws as well as the Movieverse does but that does not give people like myself an excuse to not want to see the movies stick closely to the series that started all of this.I'm in no way saying copy G1 to a "T". I love what Bay has done and I love every different version of the TF's.If you are a true fan then you can respect whatever another true fan posts or hopes to see in the next chapter of what is the best damn product line to ever have existed in my opinion.

8. Sideways77

Sideways77 its movie time here come the manbabies

News Credits:
    Yesh! Lets meak it geewun agin!!111!!!111!

Honestly. This is Movie 3. The Great War is over. Get over it.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Der... Noz we kantt have any Jeewunnn in der movies... idill kontaminate dem!!!

No-sir-ee Bob... we can't have any GEEWUN elements in this fine, pristine Movieverse. There are no elements... no characters... nothing that can successfully move into the Movieverse without destroying it.

(That is, if you don't count Cybertron, Autobots, Decepticons, the war, Prime, Megatron, Matrix of Leadership, the Ark... etc.)

10. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    A lot of things could have been a better second movie instead of ROTF...it was pretty bad.

To your point, I'm not against some good ol' GEEWUN love, but your idea is pretty much just G1 and that's where I think it wouldn't work.

11. wchen34

wchen34 Well-Known Member

OMG not another stupid GEEWUN topic.

12. Chopperface

Chopperface Holtzmanned

News Credits:
    This is not G1, as said.

By the looks of it, it appears - emphasis on appears - that DOTM will be a much better film then ROTF, if even a site that isn't into Transformers like we are liked it that much. If we switched around ROTF and DOTM, we'd have an "Empire Strikes Back" for a 2, and then a "Little Fockers" for 3. I'd rather the film series not conclude on a sour note with ROTF.

13. Kaiwera05

Kaiwera05 Soundwave Enthusiast

Ebay:
    The franchise doesn't have to end with 3 movies. I for one, want to see Unicron, so I'm still hoping for a fourth movie. And there's nothing we can do to change the past, so let's just accept that and leave this subject where it is.

14. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's scriptor

News Credits:
    Have you thought about what if they didn't want to do do Unicron? Let's face it, you couldn't really pitch anything better because the scale on this film is already impressive. If they did another film smaller than this then it would technically be less amazing.

15. Starscreamer69

Starscreamer69 Well-Known Member

DOTM wouldn't be the awesome movie it's shaping up to be without the failure of ROTF to put Bay back on track, in my opinion of course.

16. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

There is the saying, when one film does so badly from a fans point of view, and many hated ROTF. And if DOTM turns out to be a fantastic action film, that the fuck up bay done with ROTF along with the writers, that ROTF was the making of DOTM. Sometimes one film needs to do badly, for the next film to turn out to be a great action film.

17. shadow2879

shadow2879 Banned

News Credits:
    im not saying go G1... yes i am a G1 fan and yes I know the movie were never meant to be G1. All Im saying is they could have used the who FALLEN plot and character better if his character was used in a sting of movies and not just cram him into one movie for the sake of having a bad guy for Optimus to kill. The Fallen should have been 10 time better and stronger than he was. He should have been even stronger than Megs, Shockewave and Sentinel combined yet he wasnt. All Im saying is the whole ROTF sub plot and The Fallen should have been held off for its own set of movies and they should have just kept with Optimus and Meg's struggles through this set of movies.

18. Satomiblood

Satomiblood Prototype Black

I'd like to think that the only thing that happened in ROTF was that forest fight. Meanwhile, Sam was just chilling in the Bahamas for 4 years until the events of DOTM. And BAM...new job and a new piece of ass.

19. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I'm going to say they should have been switched but not because of G1 reasons.

A big invasion that puts both the humans and the Autobots on the ropes would have worked better for a middle movie rather than a middle movie where the good guys have total victory yet again.

Then there is the problem of a threat level because the bad thing about defeating a character with almost god like powers is where do you from there. If the Fallen was going to be god like then as in a good video game he needed to be the very last boss fight that brings victory to the good guys. Plus everyone knows that the bad guys are never going to get to destroy the Sun in a second film so it seems more like a threat for a last film instead.

Having three characters return from the dead in the middle movie also wasn't the best of ideas because it kind of makes death mean nothing if you bring back that many characters. Death meaning nothing is not exactly the best way to go into the last film because now you have to find a way to give it meaning again.

It just really sort of feels like the middle film should have been the last film and the last film should have been the middle film. A few events could have been switched and it would have worked out pretty good like The Fallen is defeated and it ends the war.

20. spiritprime

spiritprime Dudes, I'm a girl!

News Credits:
    Where's an Optimus Prime or Captain Picard facepalm when you need one?