Why I prefer Robot Heroes over the G1 classic line

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Sideswipe80, Jan 22, 2009.

1. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For one they're cheaper to collect. It's the only way I'll was ever able to own all 3 seekers and Insecticons. Plus I love how close they look to the cartoon models. Hopefully with the movie coming out we'll get a G1 Sideswipe and Jetfire in the line. I really need a Sideswipe.

2. Joe Moore

Joe Moore Is Not Jim... Administrator

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
  3. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    I love RH. I love the characters, the character in the sculpt, the designs, everything. I especially love the little touches of humour in the sculpts, like BM Primal's "AAAARRGGHHHH!" face, Predaking's knee sticking out it's tounge, or Laserbeak's... Laserbeak! :lol  I gotta say my all-time fav is BW Optimus Primal. He's just great and I love his happy face. Inferno looks awesome, too. A lot of the later BW guys are really cool looking, not just the G1 dudes. The only problem is, I can't stop buying them.

Seriously, at night, they tie me up and hold a gun to my head, saying weird threatening stuff in squeaky voices. They're using me to build their army. O_O

4. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Someone should make a stop motion out of Robot heroes

5. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    So...you prefer the price of Robot Heroes over Classics, not on merit alone?

My wife really likes Robot Heroes, but that's apparently because they're 'adorable' They're just a kind of non-random gashapon to me.

6. Switchblade

Switchblade Just a raggedy man

News Credits:
    I think the toys are cute, but I'm not buying them. For me the whole transformation aspect of a Transformer is really important, so I don't have much interest in little toys that don't do anything more than look cool and move their arms.

7. Shark Jumper

Shark Jumper さあ、お前の罪を数えろ

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I like robot heroes more than geewun decoys.

8. trebleshot

trebleshot www.Toyark.com Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't choose one over the other: I get both. :D 

Although, I do limit RH to Generation 1 figures only. There's no telling how many TF series will get RH figures (we're up to 5 already), and collecting all of them would take up space that is needed for other toys.

9. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hahahahaha:lolol . At first I was like WTF when I read the title but now I've thought about it and you make a valid point. But then again that why I collect Classics and Universe. Cheaper and better articulation.

10. Bass X0

Bass X0 King of Muay Thai

News Credits:
    I was collecting G1 only but then I saw Optimus Primal vs. Tarantulas at a good price and bought them so now I am collecting Beast Wars too. I also plan to collect Beast Machines and RiD.

Basically, everything that isn't the movie Robot Heroes.

Robot Heroes is an appreciation of the cartoon characters. They're cheap and collectable.

11. AMG

AMG Old School

So far I only have the Walmart exclusive "final battle" movie box set and the Optimus/Unicron two pack in my collection. They are cool little figurines, I can see how they have the potential to be addictive.