Why I hate UPS.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by RedPrime, Dec 17, 2009.

1. RedPrime

RedPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ok. So a few days ago, I bought some master grade gundams from GSAM. I've been tracking them since then, and this afternoon it said they were delivered. I look all around the outside of my house, there's nothing there. I call the 1-800 number, enter my tracking number, it was "left on your front porch at 4:09 P.M.". Double check my front porch, nada. I ask to talk to an operator, got me nowhere. Called all of my neighbors, they don't have it. Called GSAM and left a message so they can "launch an investigation". It takes a lot to make me mad, and with how shitty my day has been, this could have made it a lot better, I was looking forward to building that zaku I all day. Nothing against GSAM, but they should go with fedex. Their service is so much better, and they actually call their drivers when there is an issue with your shipment.

End rant.

Has anyone else ever had this problem?

2. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

UPS delivers packages at my apartment when I'm not home. And they don't work weekends!!! One type my BBTS package was Returned to Sender, the UPS guy didn't notify me. My apartment complex doesn't take packages, so that is a good thing.

Since leaving it on the porch for everyone and their momma can see it, it's a bad idea to do it during the Xmas season... Especially while so many broke people are around. I hate that policy. It's like leaving the key in the ignition, the doors open, and engine running to your Ferrari.

Do a scheduled pick up. Eat in time loss out of work in vacation, sick, or work extra.

3. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    When in doubt, have it delivered to your workplace.

4. Squee

Squee Well-Known Member

I hate UPS. They've left a computer, my MP Grimlock, a $300 phone, and many other things right on my front steps. If i wasn't sitting at my computer constantly refreshing the tracking # i would have probably lost one of them. Their service is horrible. I watched as a guy dropped a box with new pots in it for my gf and play it off like nothing was wrong. The thing that really gets me, is every single one of these packages were supposed to be signed for, yet they still leave it. I've called to complain and they do nothing.

5. Darkwing48

Darkwing48 Heroic Decepticon

:drool:  Yoink!!!
    Ouch!!!

6. red4

red4 Banned

I asked my brother to order something for me one time, and he did so, but forgot to update the shipping address. So the package got sent to my old apartment. When the item was "delivered", I had to go visit the old place to find someone else already lived there. They didn't have the package. On my drive back home, I got pulled over for running a stop sign. A day later, the package arrived at my dad's work place because the postal service was smart enough to refer to the secondary shipping address when their records indicated I wasn't living at the old address anymore.

Anyway, it was through USPS, not UPS, and it was my brother's mistake, not the shipping company's. So uh.... spam? Sorry.

7. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    That's why I'm always nervous about putting down my home address as the delivery address. But now I don't go to the office for weeks at a time so I'd rather risk the porch for a few hours than deal with going to the office and trying to hunt down a box.

8. SSJ Rodimus

SSJ Rodimus Just 'Ownz' Here Veteran

Ebay:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I currently have a couple of packages that are missing. FedEx has been the worst for me, as of late. But the worst issue I've ever experienced is actually still ongoing, via USPS.
    Short story... Bought a video game system that was sent out on Nov.10th, and here's the current Tracking of it...

Label/Receipt Number: XXXX 0330 0000 1993 XXXX
    Class: Package Services
    Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™

Your item was misrouted. The error has been corrected and every effort is being made to deliver it as soon as possible. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

• Missent, December 17, 2009, 9:17 am
    • Processed through Sort Facility, December 10, 2009, 8:16 am, SAINT PAUL, MN 55121
    • Missent, December 09, 2009, 1:55 pm
    • Forwarded, December 04, 2009, 10:44 am, HANOVER, PA
    • Missent, December 04, 2009, 10:44 am
    • Arrival at Post Office, December 04, 2009, 10:43 am, HANOVER, PA 17331
    • Processed through Sort Facility, November 14, 2009, 11:26 am, SAINT PAUL, MN 55121
    • Missent, November 13, 2009, 10:31 am
    • Processed through Sort Facility, November 12, 2009, 7:03 am, SAINT PAUL, MN 55121
    • Acceptance, November 10, 2009, 10:05 am, MINNESOTA CITY, MN 55959

First off, I live in South Jersey, near Philadelphia. The destination address that is attached to the Tracking Number is correct. Every single time that this package was "Missent", it was sent to La Crosse, Wisconsin. The sole time it made it past that geographical point, it went to a Post Office in Hanover, PA that it wasn't even supposed to travel through. The USPS supervisors/managers that I speak to all say that they have never seen anything like this. For me, it's rather humorous.

So now I check the status regularly, simply to see where the package is bouncing/touring/vacationing next. That's my U(S)PS story.

9. Moonscream

Moonscream YES, We EXIST!

News Credits:
    In my area, since its pretty remote, FedEx is the legendarily bad service. A couple years ago they took so long to ship some cookies just across the state that by the time they got to me three weeks later they were completely stale. Most people, if it HAS to go FedEx, have the packages dropped at one of the only two businesses they actually seem to be able to find regularly. Otherwise its a crapshoot if the driver can even find one of the three apartment buildings in my tiny town of 200, let alone a house.

--Moony

10. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I rarely have good experiences with FedEx.

Nothing but good experiences with UPS though.

11. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Two weeks ago I ordered a calendar from Calendars.com and I keep checking the tracking system.

It was shipped from Austin, TX and sent to somewhere up in Kentucky and then it sent down to Orlando, FL. I live in the Florida panhandle and I don't know why they just could'nt shipped it straight to my house from Texas.

12. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I am fortunate. The drivers for both UPS and FedEx know the area and their regulars well.
    only problem i had was a package from BBTS was a day late because the regular driver's kid was sick and the substitute got confused (we have a Michael St. which i live on, a Michael Lane in the same town AND i live in a small town that shares the same Zip code as Enterprise, AL which has its own Michael St.)

when i first moved to where i am now, the FedEx dude left my boxes on the garbage can at the edge of my garage. in plain sight. but i caught him once at the door and asked for it to be placed closer to the door. that was solved.

for the last 2-3 months, though, all my UPS/FedEx packages have been delivered by my mail carrier. i don't get that.

13. Travicon

Travicon Nerdbot

umm.....

What?

14. grayman

grayman The Alpha and The Omega TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    It should be illegal to leave packages in front of a home or with someone other than the recepient without the recepient's prior written consent.

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    When UPS delivered my GI Joe Defiant to DMK in Long Island (I picked it up after Botcon this year) the box looked like an elephant had sat on it. The blue gantry doors were shattered, and there was impact damage to both shuttles. Assholes.
    Mind you, Royal Mail over here in the UK aren't a lot better lately; I had a parcel containing 2 laptop coolers left outside under a bush yesterday. No note put through the letterbox (which is what they're supposed to do if no-one is in; not to mention that I was in ALL DAY) or anything. So it sat there in the snow until I went out yesterday evening to get some smokes.
    Fortunately, the laptop coolers were alright. Unfortunately for the twunt who "delivered" it my oldest friend is a postman (one of the ones who actually does his job well), and is finding out who would have delivered it so I have a name to put in my complaint.

16. CdnShockwave

CdnShockwave The Prince of Poses TFW2005 Supporter

Don't even get me started on ups (yes, I refuse to capitalize it... they don't deserve a capped acronym). Nothing but one bad experience after another. USPS/Canada Post all the way (not that they're awesome... but definitely better than ups).

17. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I hate'em because they don't work at the weekend. I was waiting for some info and a contract from Vodafone, but they came always in the week and they should give the package only to me personally. How stupid is that? I'm not at home when they work, cos I work, too. Fucktards. Then I took one day off and made an appointment to that day. What did they do? Send it back to Vodafone instead to me... I was waiting the whole day for nothing! I have never seen that package...

They should be more like DHL. Even the firm where I work is not using the service of UPS any longer because they got too much issues.

I know why they call themselves OOPS...

18. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I used to have a problem with USPS everytime I had a package to arrive. Instead of the postman to come and knock on my door to hand me the package, he would leave me a slip inside my mailbox when I was at home.

He was too lazy to walk at least 40 yds to my front door. Now if I wasn't at home, then I understand.

19. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    I just use the regular post office. I sent my girlfriend some christmas presents and they arrived about a day or two later without any hassle. [/mailing ignorance]

20. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Ouch, sorry to hear about the screw up. MP Gundam's , yeah I'd be a little worried too.

Hope you get your stuff soon. If it means anything, Ive had numerous similar problems with all carriers (shit happens), but I always eventually got my stuff.
    They'll come through.