why I hate Cybertron/energon

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by OmegaDead, Mar 17, 2008.

1. OmegaDead

OmegaDead Well-Known Member

Don't mean to be a Sh*t disturber but I got's to say what I got's to say pilgrims.

In those two series (cybertron/energon) The bots look like toys fighting each other and no matter the story line I can't get over that point.

At least in G1, the cars/trucks looked somewhat like you would see around in real life.

Beast wars was awesome too in that regard (and had a good story line).

Toy wise, look at the classics line. Starscream & the seekers look almost perfect to their toy forms/cartoon and look like real jets transformed. Skyfire classic is one of my favorite toys and he looks exactly like he looks in the cartoon without looking like a lego block ala cybertron/energon.

Ps, His name is Skyfire NOT jetfire.

I am very drunk right now so If I offended you or pissed in your closet, please forgive me and I will do the dishes & a load of laundry in the morning.

Love always,
    OmegaDead

2. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

Energon/Cybertron Jetfire is not the same character as G1 Skyfire. So, I don't see the problem with him having a similar, but different name.

3. Fit For natalie

Fit For natalie tfwiki nerd

News Credits:
    Classics Jetfire doesn't look that much like his cartoon/comic mode. His design is mostly based on the original Jetfire toy with elements of the cartoon/comic model.

He was only ever called Skyfire in the cartoon. The exact same design appeared in the Marvel comics as Jetfire.

For all intents and purposes the character is supposed to be Jetfire. Skyfire was just a name they slapped onto him in the cartoon because they were worried about possible legal problems.

Why Skyfire? feature on the TF Wiki. Also explains the possible reasons why his cartoon/comic appearance only vaguley looked like the original Jetfire toy.

4. Steevy Maximus

Steevy Maximus Movie Megs eats your soul

News Credits:
    Hate to burst a bubble here, but the Classics line is largely a continuation of the SAME STYLING AND ENGINEERING that Cybertron features. The blocky complaint is somewhat valid on Energon, but Cybertron's toys are, functionally, about the same as Classics.

Look at Cybertron Landmine, Crosswise, Thundercracker, Evac, Armorhide, Red Alert, and Downshift and tell me those don't feel right at home alongside Classics, moreso than any other line.

5. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    This is actually a great point. The fighting really did look wooden. Well said drunken stranger!

6. red00wolf

red00wolf insatiable collector

I dont now they feel very diffrent to me, and id have to argue that the styling is quite diffrent imho.

7. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I like the Cybertron series altogether, I liked Cybertron becuase of its action and mostly the tots fight in with the classics as Stevey Maximus said.

8. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    :lol  its like were ppl at cheers and random dudes walk in and spout weird stuff n shit.

hey nightrain, i can be norm, you can be cliffy.

9. Grimwing

Grimwing Scientist Supreme

News Credits:
    meh. cybertron had decent action. And once you start to like the key features the story is nicely done to be a continuous arc. I really really liked cybertron
    Energon gives me migranes with how much drag the story had. Megatron can fire at prime for 10 minutes while they banter about friendship only for prime to win the day with one shot fired.

also cliffjumper is downshift (though do to name licenses he's really wheeljack)
    :crazy: 

I think much of the energon stuff fits in well with classics.
    But energon prime and jetfire I dislike for their insane brickness in a line that had much better figures around it.

10. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Cybertron sucked IMO. Though for different reasons than those stated.

Also, Jetfire was never meant to be Skyfire. Just echoing that little tidbit.

The toys were good, though.

11. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    The Energon cartoon is probably the worst Transformers cartoon in terms of technical competancy, due to the ham-fisted localisation and dubbing process, not that the show was any good after Demolishor died in episode 15.

Though I'm sure Hasbro/Cartoon Network have to share the blame for forcing Voicebox to shit out the dub AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

Mockery.

12. Mach Wind

Mach Wind Active Member

If it is about the series, that is one trait (or "problem") of Japanese TV programming, as one season is one series (26~52 eps), and toy companies tries to market new toys for the kids.

I was disappointed by poor storyline for the later half of Energon, but I was OK with Cybertron. Keep in mind Japanese does try to avoid to create EPIC storylines like Americans.

For toys I thought Energon was a slightly good improvement over Armada; I was annoyed by the Mini-cons activations, and Cybertron's key feature wasn't that annoying. And yes, there will be good and bad ones for each line.

13. Fit For natalie

News Credits:
    Wait, unless I'm misunderstanding you, aren't the Japanese the ones who tend to create "EPIC", serialised, padded-out storylines that go nowhere? US television tends to favour self-contained episodic story telling with story arcs.

14. Sweep

Sweep worse then vehicon drones

In Super Link his name was Skyfire.

15. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    "Rumble is Purple Frenzy is Black!" said the not drunk, color-blind member.
    DN

16. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    Well I like Cybertron a helluva lot better than Armada and Energon.

17. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

While I will admit that the engineering is similar between Classics and Cybertron, Classics has far more detailing and durability imo then Classics does. Though some of the more conservative figures from Cyb can fit with Classics, it's still easy to tell they're from a different line (and no, not just because of the key ports)

That said, I likes my Classics just as much as I likes my Cybertrons. Downshift and Smokescreen go great with Mirage and BB imo, and Sunstreaker and Prowl will compliment them all nicely. :D 

18. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    I enjoyed the Energon Autobot Ultras and most of the Decepticons and loved all but a few bots in Cybertron. Classics follows the awesomeness of those I mentioned and surpasses them because of one reason....NO GIMMICK!!!

The powerlinking in Energon really killed most of the Autobots for me, minus the Ultras which were pretty good, but the Hyper modes for the Cons were vastly superior IMO. Cybertron bots, while mostly unhampered gimmick wise, still needed the Cyber key to be activated...big turn off for me.

Classics gives me the only gimmick I've ever really needed, and that's transforming from great vehicle mode to great bot mode, which looks to be carrying over to Classics 2.0 so I'm VERY happy indeed!:thumbs2: 

19. Nightrain

Nightrain Senior Villain

News Credits:
    Hold on Nahmy, I hafta call ma first.

20. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

That's basically the one thing I don't like about the Cybertron figs, although I've found it fairly easily fixable on most of them. Once you can trigger the gimmicks with a switch rather than a separate key, they're actually pretty cool.
    And yeah, a lot of the Cybertron figs fit right in with Classics in my book, too, especially Earth mode characters.