Why I can't enjoy the movies anymore :(

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Leather Elbows, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Leather Elbows

Leather Elbows Dooper

News Credits:
    When I saw the 2007 movie I didn't have internet and didn't get it until 2009. I loved the movie. It was amazing and looking back at 2007, it was an awesome year. But I had no idea how hated these movies were. When I got the internet I found out these movies are hated by so many people. It saddened me in a way.

Now I feel as though if so many people hate these movies then me liking them means I have a bad taste or that I'm stupid for liking them. I like good films too. Terminator 2 was amazing. So are the original Star Wars. Oh god I sneezed all over my keyboard. When I watch the movies all I can think about is why do I like them? Or why does everyone hate them SO much. Well I like them because Transformers is awesome and the movies gave a new look on TF's that we never seen before.

I realize some of the dialogue is bad and the plot holes are the biggest issue for me but they are entertaining anyway. Fun movies. The first one is the best when it comes to story but the 3rd is the best action wise. It also fixes one of the most annoying issues with the first two. The really close and shaky camera. All the shots are zoomed out and you see everything.

When I first saw the movies I assumed it was just looked at as fun movies. My friends and my brother and sister liked it. I feel weird watching them now because all I think about is the bad stuff in the movie because the negative criticisms of the movie are embedded in my brain. Holy poop in a cardboard sack of potatoes this thread is alot longer then I wanted. It's 5 past 3 in the morning too...

2. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    Haters gonna hate. Ignore them!.

there are still plenty of People who likes them! i am one of them!

3. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Like what you want bro. Watch movies as a fan not a goddamn critic. That's what I hate about all this shit. People are always bitching about what they don't like. Just don't ruin it for other people. Believe me you DO NOT had bad taste. Transformers has to be one of the best movie series. See that's my opinion. Just go and enjoy the movie and not watch the movie and not go to point out everything that you don't like.

4. Ironhide1706

Ironhide1706 Elessar Telcontar

Wow...

5. Atom

Atom Member

What a great point for me to follow-up with on my debut post here..

I feel the same way as you do. I think its because the movies really brought us into Transformers, whereas alot of fans are from the pre-Michael Bayformers period.

As a kid, I had a ton of different Transformers, but none of them were my 'favorite' toys. They were just really fun toys to me. That must be why it was so easy for me to accept the characters as they were depicted in the films without feeling cheated, etc. (I can empathize with those of you who might hate the movies because they deviate from the comics and/or cartoons, as I am a huge fan of Godzilla. Those of you familiar with that character and series know that it has had its fair share of "re-imaginings," one of which sucked so bad, and tainted his image!)

I love the movies, can't wait for more, especially WITHOUT Shia. They planted a basic understanding of Transformers in my head. Now, I consider myself a pretty big fan. I am watching Transformers Prime.. I am collecting non-movie figures. Can't wait for the new Fall of Cybertron game.

The movies reeled me in. Now I can't get enough of the lore!

Take care!

6. 03Mach1

03Mach1 Reason Has No Voice

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The 'critics' will ALWAYS hate a movie like this. And vocal haters will ALWAYS scream louder than the rest of us. Watch what you want and the rest? F'em if they can't take a joke*.

*10 internet points to the first person who gets that reference. :) 

7. Mako Crab

Mako Crab Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Same problem happened to me when Beast Machines was airing. The nearly unanimous hatred of that series really killed my enjoyment of it. Years later, when I got the series on dvd and watched it all the way through, I realized I loved it.

Bottom line- don't let the haters choose what you will and won't like.

The reverse is true too- if you hate something that everyone just adores, don't feel you have to like it too.

8. Barricade24

Barricade24 The Decepticop

News Credits:
    Welcome to the boards hope you enjoy your stay.

9. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

You too??
    Same here! And on the same year.
    I too am saddened.

10. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    A very nice first post indeed! Welcome to the boards.

Remember, not everyone hates the movies, and you definitely aren't the only one who loves them.

11. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

It's the same thing for me. As much as I would like to listen to to my gut instinct and not listen to some of the more hardcore TF fans, it still kind of pains me because I'm in a group of TF movie fans that consists of mostly non-TF fans who hardly know anything about the franchise.

12. Tampalicious

Tampalicious Tribe of Roadimus

I've been reading the Beginnings trade with the original Marvel comics stuff this week. It's funny to say, but reading it now reminds me of the movies. The whole Jessie and 'O' thing and the military everywhere. It made me realize how the baymovies are more like the old G1 comics than the cartoon. That's what I got out of it anyway.
    I appreciate the movies, there was a ton of stuff I would have liked to have tweaked a little, like if 'Sparkplug' was in it more seriously as opposed to comic relief. Im sure that wasnt his name in the movies but you get the idea. The other big disappointment would be the looks of Devastator and some of the other robots. I think it woulda been more epic to see some more recognizable dudes, but hey they wouldnt be able to sell new toys then...

13. Soundbytes

Soundbytes Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Bolded for randomness.

But yeah, I loved Revenge of the Fallen, then all the cyber rage began to flow.

14. Solrac333

Solrac333 G1 got it right!

Ebay:
    Who cares what other people think. If you like it, then enjoy it. I LOVE the movies.

15. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    Dig on this. Don't EVER let the opinions of other people dictate what you like and what you dislike. Because then you will stop being you, you'll become a member of a herd.

Don't question yourself for liking the movies. If you're doing that, maybe you didn't like them all that much in the first place? Or do you just want to "fit in"? Don't worry about fitting in - stake your ground and defend it. No matter how unpopular your opinions might be, it's better to stand up for what you believe in than to just say "OK :D " and go along with the rest of the crowd. And even though there will be haters who have nothing better to do than try to tear you down, there will be many others who respect you for sticking to your guns and defending your opinion. There is nothing wrong with healthy disagreement - I see it on these forums every day.

Long story short, if you like them - don't let anyone else sway you. Keep on rockin' :rock 

16. Scrapper6

Scrapper6 Lord of Constructicons

I believe a big reason for why the third film's action shots are void of shaky cam effect is because you can't do shaky cam in 3-D, you'd kill your audiences stomach lining with a move like that. More than half would be so nauseous they'd demand their money back and walk out without finishing the picture... Or rather, unable to finish the picture.

I have been a long time fan of the series since its inception, dating back to 1987 or so when I was finally old enough to start getting the toys. Though I had watched the cartoon and original animated film prior to that.

I never hated or ragged on the films, and I certainly didn't let the ones who were the most vocal dictate how I should feel about these films. Long have I held the belief that these are exactly what the fans wanted. G1 in live action form. Don't blame the crew or the cast for the failings of G1. They're just being faithful in adapting the original material.

But you try arguing logic to a Transformers fan and you see where you get. :lol 

Seriously, love them, don't let the negativity destroy your enjoyment of this franchise. Without it we wouldn't be where we are now as a Fandom or a Franchise.

17. kaijuguy19

kaijuguy19 Keyblade Wielder

News Credits:
    So what the OP is saying is that he doesn't find the movie that enjoyable as he used to. That's normal because our opinons change in due time after watching a movie acouple time sand getting a new opinon on it. I get that too. Still that doens't mean you can't like them anymore. Yes they are not perfect but that doens't mean you have to stop liking them. It's your thing and you can't let other people's negative opinons get to you and ruin your enjoyment of them. It's those movies that you shoudl aceeot them for who they are and if you do that your experence will be more open minded.:) 

18. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

As much as I like them, they do have flaws, and a few of them are simple nitpicks I have (nitpicks can vary from person to person, so those don't really count). But I've also noticed there are lots of people calling them the worst movies ever made (especially ROTF), which is just ungodly stupid when DRAGONBALL EVOLUTION came out the same year as ROTF. ROTF was okay at best, but it's definitely far from worst film ever.

Not to mention there are far worse things in life to get upset about.

19. StacyGrsley

StacyGrsley Banned

This.
    Sadly we true movie fans are a minority.
    :( 

20. bobbyjack

bobbyjack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I just got done watching all 3 movies over the last 2 days. I enjoy them just as much now as before I started following these boards. You have every right to enjoy these movies and not worry about what other people on the internet say about them. I only liked Transformers for about 3 years when I was a kid. Because of these movies, I have now been a Transformers fan longer as an adult. If it wasn't for the movies, I wouldn't have ever taken a second look at the old cartoon, the animated movie, or the new Transformers Prime cartoon. One of these days, I might even check out Beast Wars, Transformers: Animated, or some of the older Japanese cartoons. Heck, I might even check out the Unicron Trilogy. Don't let someone else's opinion deter you from enjoying the movies. They are fun to watch.