Why i am annoyed with Hasbro

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by knook, Jan 26, 2007.

1. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    How comes the Classics fill-in series has to be one of the most amazing and fan freindly apart from no cartoon and it probably wont return after the movie because of Transformers: Heroes which sound pretty sucky :( 

2. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    1) It is unknown if it will return after the movie. As far as Hasbro said at last year's Toy Fair (or maybe it was Bot Con), if it did well, it might return.

2) There are very few to no details on TF: Heroes. What makes it sound like it'll suck?

3. Triformis

Triformis Insecticon Fanatic TFW2005 Supporter

......ah, yes, another hater without verified reason. *sigh* Think before you speak!

4. Banshee

Banshee MvC2 online! woot!

I also wish Classics would go on, and it might once the movie machine has come and gone.

All we can do for now is enjoy the movie line. In a way, this'll be easier on my wallet. :) 

5. Gen. Magnus

Gen. Magnus Everything is Awesome

News Credits:
    I thought that wasn't necessary on the interwebs.

6. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

He's not hating, just a little annoyed. And maybe a little scared that this tiny Classics era before the movie is just going to be ONE BIG TEASE

I hope they return as well. It's like they finally did it right, but in the smallest timeframe. They'll most likely return since people are going to be looking for G1-ish TF's after the movie (hopefully) turns them into fans again.

I would say they're doing rather well. Anyone have a comparison guide that compares wave 1 & 2 sales from Classics , Cybertron, Energon etc??
    Would love to know how Classics sales compare with the older lines

7. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Detailed sales figures have never been available to the public. The best evidence is anectodal, either by what fans see out there or what's discussed at cons or trade shows. Stockholder meetings and annual reports are vague and brand-specific at best, and never get into which Transformers line outsold another.

8. Abrogate

Abrogate Nondescript Former Poster

News Credits:
    Why i am annoyed with Hasbro: they keep putting out quality product while I'm unemployed

9. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

That's one thing Hasbro has done well, is their quality. Far from perfect maybe but compared to lots of other toys I have , they do have most of them beat.

Im almost scared that they've gotten too big. They're good at buying out the competition , and now Toybiz. Think it's a good time to make they're Hasbro Toy Shop go local

10. butz

butz slippery when wet

I have faith that it'll return as a sub-line. For something with absolutely no media support (cartoon, comic, movie, game, whatever) the first attempt seemed to fare pretty well at retail.

11. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    What annoys me so much is that now that so many Transformers and now G.I. Joe's 25th Anniversary there are too many choices to make. It doesn't help that I don't have as much money as I did this time last year or the year before. Be a completest sucks so now is a good time to stop with the movie, although I hope to get all those G.I. Joe figures. The fate of the Classics line annoys me the most. It is the one line I would sacrifice all others for and if it is canceled never to return then that would just suck.

The same thing could be said about Energon and Cybertron after the first 12 episodes.

12. Liokaiser

Liokaiser Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm annoyed with Hasbro because we are not getting a Classic Arcee. :( 

13. Runamuck

Runamuck Swindle Knows Best

News Credits:
    I agree. With so much positive feedback for the Classics, you'd think they would keep it going. It is just hard for me to wrap my mind around their decision not to continue it. If, in fact, that is what they do. Which is looking more and more like it, judging from what other people say.

14. fschuler

fschuler Member TFW2005 Supporter

Yeah, she could be awesome. Looks like she'll keep gettin' the Ironhide treatment.

15. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    I'm sure they'll be back. I just hope that they don't make any classics characters convention exclusives, like thundercracker, dirge, and thrust.

16. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Who're you calling a geek?

News Credits:
    Indeed, that would annoy my wallet and I greatly!:mad 

17. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    Well at Botcon They'll be classics figures for This year thank the Lord and primus

18. KA

KA PENIS GOES WHERE?!!

News Credits:
    fuck you guys i'm sending money to hasbro anyways.

*writes personal checque*

19. ZeroMayhem

ZeroMayhem Henshin a Go-Go Baby!

They haven't said Classics is done yet, we may still get to see the line continue as a sub-line. Something to act as a line between the stylisticly different Movie line and the Animated TF line.

Alts. on the other hand, well haven't heard much about them in a while....

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Understandable, though it's already been stated that the 2007 BC exclusives will be Classics-related. Can't say if that means Classics-mold repaints/remolds, Cybertron-or-older molds done up as G1 characters, or some combination, but it seems already a given at this point, at least in some form, though I'd guess more obscure fanwanky guys like Bumblejumper or Sunstorm might go over better as exclusives than Thundercracker.

I can see the term "Classics characters" being a point of semantic contention, since "Classics" toys are all G1-based characters, with minor exceptions.